hmmm... I think I'm s crewed.
    When I got the Storm 1, it was out for maybe a couple of months.
    Stupidly...VERY stupidly, I did not get insurance.

Now, the thing is acting up badly. I have to do 3-4 battery pulls a day. It sort of does whatever it wants.

I'm guessing that I could keep pulling the battery until my contract is up, or buy something else, like the Droid incredible, at the $199 price (don't really have the money for it, though).

Am I just stuck with this thing? I'm bored with this clunky thing anyway, but now that it does what it wants, whenever it wants, I'm quite angry about it.

Oh, why was I so stupid as to forget the insurance?

Any ideas out there... besides run it over, or bash my head with it repeatedly? Thanks!
    05-18-10 10:34 PM
    Yea you should always have insurance. Would wiping the phone clean fix it...what exactly is wrong with it?
    05-18-10 10:36 PM
    believe me, i want to kick myself over the insurance thing. i wasn't thinking. but,
    it will do a number of things now. For example, I take it out to check email, and the home screen is showing. I'll push on the email icon, and it goes to the clock. I hit the arrow back, and it will not allow me to push any buttons. I might start flashing or highlighting things like the time in the corner, but be completely unresponsive to any touch... unless it takes me back to the clock again.

Weird cycles of things like that are happening continuously now.

I've been lucky up to this point. It's always been a little clunky, but I never had any major issues..even with the first OS.
    I'm screwed for a while, I guess.
    05-18-10 11:50 PM
    Yep that sucks.. sounds like the phones about had it.
    05-19-10 12:40 AM
    grrrr...
    i'll see how long it'll hold out.
    I was hoping it would hang on until the rumored Storm 3 is released.
    Might have to bite the bullet and go Droid incredible.
    05-19-10 01:05 AM
    mine is doing the same thing. Just started a couple of days ago. running .328 going to try and hold out untill the end of june. Than I think its the incredible for me. Guess I have been lucky this is only my fourth replacement
    05-19-10 02:04 AM
    Have either one of you did a wipe and a reinstall of the OS? That would be my first move.
    05-19-10 07:59 AM
    Have you checked with VERIZON, give them a call and just see? I don't know what the warranty period is on the STORM, but they just replaced mine after 15 Months, no insurance involved.
    05-19-10 11:06 AM
    Verizon replaced my Storm1 after 15 months also, no questions asked. Just sent me another replacement. I could not have been more pleased. I did ask to replace it with the Storm2, though, and they said nope.
    05-19-10 01:50 PM
    verizon has been no help.
    in fact, in trying to help the problem, their attempts have made things worse!

I better search for wiping the phone.. would that be the best phrase?
    Though I want to save my contacts and pictures. hmmm...

anybody got a good link?
    thank you in advance!
    05-19-10 07:20 PM
    yes I did a wipe on mine...Did pretty good for the next oh 10 min..guess I will try and go the replacement route. Dont want to give up the world phone part.
    05-19-10 10:16 PM
    Verizon has not even made an attempt to help me out.
    Why should they, I guess.
    I'll play CSR roulette, until I get a replacement.
    sighhhhhhh..
    05-19-10 10:56 PM
    Everyone's phone acts differently. neptune you should try wiping your phone first and see if that helps. Go to the Storm tips section and do a search for backing up device, then search for wipe.

Hopefully, this helps your situation.
    05-20-10 01:57 AM
    I had the same issue with my phone where it would rarely register my touches and if it did register it was way off. I was running .419 when this was happening. I recently upgraded to .591 and have had no issues. Give upgrading your OS a try.
    05-20-10 07:25 PM
    Okay.
    So, I upgraded to .591.
    The only weird thing is that my email icon is grayed out.
    It still receives messages, but even the red star icon for an email message is gray.
    What to do?
    Anyone know why this happened???

Edit: Never mind. It was set to "hide" for some reason
    Last edited by nneptune; 05-21-10 at 02:42 AM. Reason: figured it out
    05-21-10 02:35 AM
    My email icon was also automatically hidden when I first installed .591. Hopefully this resolves your issues.
    05-21-10 06:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD