Had a 9530 all this time and it just now started crapping out. Buttons starting not to work, humidity messing up screen sensitivity and now the crowning blow....I cracked the screen and it is basically useless. Using an old LG Voyager(what crap this is!!).
    I never had the "problems" people talk about with the 9530, except for the low app memory. I just used apps I wanted and most were just BS crap anyway.
    I REALLY REALLY like the layout and function of the Storm. It's so easy to use and I know how to keep the OS memory cleaned up(obviously having a 9530). You guys can't imagine what I'm going thru not having my Storm. It's like I lost a close friend(never thought I'd feel this way about a stupid phone)

So, do I get the DROID-X or do I try to find a used S2 and wait for the S3 to come out?
    Or do I get the DROID-X and try it out for 30 days and then see? I don't really want to opt in to a new contract just to try out a phone I don't know if I will like.

I use my phone mostly for a phone(imagine that), TXT, email, weather(I do a lot of outdoor activities),............ and I'm addicted to the Battleship game!

Thoughts, please.
    Last edited by bigbadwulff; 07-08-10 at 10:54 AM.
    07-08-10 10:44 AM
    Wait for the S3. You'll kick yourself in the arse if you don't.
    07-08-10 10:52 AM
    used storm 2 for sure. If you liked the storm 1 that much the storm 2 will be very nice for you indeed and ebay should have one for a good price if you look around

The storm 3 will drop early next year and i would keep an upgrade around for that device i think for sure. that is my plan anyway
    07-08-10 10:52 AM
    I'd grab a used S2 and wait on the S3 for an upgrade.
    07-08-10 11:35 AM
    I was contemplating between an S2 and the Droid incredible. Being a lifetime BB user, I like the user friendliness of the BB's. When it comes to texting/messaging though, the Droid Incredible feels lightyears beyond the S2. Faster processer, better camera, more memory, better browser, etc.

Its becoming hard to remain a bb fan when bb keeps leaving us in limbo while company's like HTC are creating phones that makes ours look way outdated!
    07-08-10 11:51 AM
    Sound advice given. Save your upgrade for later. That's what I would do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-10 11:53 AM
    used storm 2 for sure. If you liked the storm 1 that much the storm 2 will be very nice for you indeed and ebay should have one for a good price if you look around

The storm 3 will drop early next year and i would keep an upgrade around for that device i think for sure. that is my plan anyway
    NO!!!!!!! stick with the Incredible Howarmat!!!!!!!!
    07-08-10 12:07 PM
    I loved my S1 but I took a chance and upgraded to the S2 when it released and I can tell you if you like the S1 you will be more than satisfied with the S2 until the S3 comes out.

07-08-10 12:07 PM
    +1
    The driod fan kids keep telling us people are dumping Storm 2s by the millions to get a driod phone. If so, there must be a bunch of S2s around for sale.

I would get a S2 for cheap or, if I could not find one, get a Storm which you should be able to find for very cheap and get the S3 when it comes out. If you don't like the S3 when you see it, there will be 10th generation driod phones available by then.
    I'm getting the DX on the 15th but I'm keeping my S2...I'd like an international phone on hand. Not sure if many others feel the same.
    07-08-10 12:11 PM
    I think I will check out the Droid X in the store and track me down an S-2 and play the waiting game and see what comes.
    07-08-10 12:18 PM
    Weird but my father had a battery problem the first week with and s1 and after that not one issue.....
    07-08-10 12:25 PM
    I think I will check out the Droid X in the store and track me down an S-2 and play the waiting game and see what comes.
    If interested I will be posting a quick video of the two devices tomorrow in the android section. ( I receive my droid X tomorrow, supposed to have been today)

I would post it here but there were some that were upset that I said anything about Droid X and my thread was moved to the Android section.

It is always users choice (but for some odd reason I always end up liking the Storm 2 considerably more than other devices (including the Droid Incredible). If you like the Storm 1 I suggest trying out a Storm 2 (awesome phone). If I were you. I would try to pick-up a new one, I have had problems with used and "refurbished" models.
    07-08-10 12:47 PM
    you want a media device come off blackberry ASAP, they are so behind in that area

go get yourself a droid. was once a storm user now and droid/milestone user, never have or will regret that decision

p.s. bbm isnt something you'll be missing out on, it really isn't anything special
    07-08-10 01:08 PM
    you want a media device come off blackberry ASAP, they are so behind in that area

go get yourself a droid. was once a storm user now and droid/milestone user, never have or will regret that decision

p.s. bbm isnt something you'll be missing out on, it really isn't anything special
    I'll gladly admit that I didn't fully read your post. If you want some sweet apps and high quality gaming switch to the droid. If you don't feel like getting used to a new OS and want it for the basics (texting, calling, non complicated apps) stay with the BB.
    07-08-10 01:17 PM
    I have had the S1 and now a S2 since release.
    I would file an insurance claim to replace the S1 and wait until RIM/Verizon says something about the S3.

If the S1 was working for you then wait.
    I have 2 available upgrades plus my annual coming up on my line.
    I'm waiting even though getting a Droid X would not impact my ability to get a S3.
    07-08-10 01:39 PM

I don't use BB Messenger. Found no need for it. TXT does the same thing, right?
    07-08-10 02:06 PM
    I went through some decision making when I broke my S1 as well. Like you I loved my storm. Rather than pay the insurance deductible ($150 up here) I upgraded to the S2. I do really like it, but if I were you I think I would get a used S2 and save your upgrade for the S3. We are usually a few months behind, so I don't expect to see the S3 until next year.

07-08-10 02:40 PM
    yup

for me i found bbm to be very intrusive with the whole D and R thing. some people like being very open and hey if thats your thing so be it. In my eyes I dont really see any advantage that BB has over Android, maybe in the organization of e-mails but barely.

but to each his own, if you're satisfied with your device then enjoy it
    07-08-10 04:09 PM
    Used iPhone 4 may also be an alternative soon.
    This is the most scathing write up I have seen about Apple's 'little' problem.

iPhone 4 Customers Have Limited Time and Limited Options
    07-08-10 05:18 PM
    The only smartphones i've ever owned were blackberries...from the world edition to the curve and i've had a s2 since its release date. For the last 4 months the only thing keeping me from switching over to a droid device was BBM...someone turned me on to Google Talk and its the exact same thing. The only thing I think I'll miss about blackberry is the quality of their push e-mail. Other than that, I think you'd be hard pressed to disagree with the fact that the Incredible, the X, and the Evo are lightyears ahead of any blackberry device. It's ashame, I always said I'd always own a blackberry, but every thing from their OS to their Web Browser to their App Store is wayyyy behind their competitors. Sorry, but one week from jumping ship...
    07-08-10 05:48 PM
    SMS (text) and BBM are NOT the same thing. First of all, texting costs $. For $5 a month, my plan allows for 250 text or MMS messages sent and received. Anything after that and it's like $.25 per sent message and $.10 per received. It can cause your bill to skyrocket, trust me. That's why my wife now has 500 messages and free VZW to VZW.

Secondly, text messages only give you 160 characters. WACK! You can barely get your thoughts flowing in 160 characters. That's why 'IDK' and 'BRB' and all that became super popular, so people can fit all their thoughts into a text.

BBM allows you to send pictures and voice notes as well. There are no limits, and no restrictions whatsoever.

Before I had a BB, my cousins, who both had BBM, would send me texts and picture messages throughout the day. I was like "Uhhh, you know this isn't free right?" It was for them because they had BBM. That's my only true issue with BBM, my cousins sending me crap all day long just because its free.

Man this was kinda lengthy. In short BBM >>>>>> SMS (text messaging).
    07-08-10 07:18 PM
    Don't tug on Superman's cape and for sure, don't mess with the howarmat. You are really going to be pleased with S2. Doctor Neutron
    07-08-10 07:29 PM
    Jaji: I have unlimited TXT. Don't know of many plans that don't.
    07-08-10 09:29 PM
    I'd grab a used S2 and wait on the S3 for an upgrade.
    I agree. Don't wait on the storm 3 as I promise you it won't be out until sometime next year. Not announced but released , as in that is when you can buy it.

07-08-10 09:56 PM
    Jaji: I have unlimited TXT. Don't know of many plans that don't.
    So why'd you make me type all that lol? I certainly couldn't fit it in a text message though. Personally, I have no need for unlimited texting. 250 a month is plenty for me, although I probably send 250 BBMs a week.
    07-08-10 11:40 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD