Bought 2 storms, I do have to return one as the second owner likes iphone better. The other, I just dont know!
    I came from the storm, fast and great device altogether. The storm...well I am not digging the click screen and signal is very poor at my location. Help please?
    Anyway, if I were to return them, would someone from here benefit from me doing so?
    If I were to go into the store with someone from these forums that was interested in it, would they benefit from being able to purchase my returned devices?
    Or give me a reason to keep them! Should I give it more time?
    Thanks
    11-22-08 08:01 AM
    The reason is up to you. keep it if you want, if not then just take it back. plain and simple
    11-22-08 08:03 AM
    return it if you are not happy with it.
    11-22-08 08:04 AM
    Yes, it is ultimately my desicion but you guys can probably give me good reasons to think it twice or say if I could help a fellow member by visiting a store with him/her and letting them purchase them at the spot since there are shortages.
    11-22-08 08:09 AM
    do you have verizon and an old phone, or did you switch carriers? you could look to sell it on ebay and make a nice amount if you had vzw and could switch back to an old device. you would still make out in the long run, as these are going for like 700 on ebay. buying another phone at full retail, even if it were a curve, youd still net out 250
    11-22-08 08:12 AM
    I switched carriers...(previously an att with bold)
    At this point I am not interested in making a profit, just helping an interested forum member if I decide to return
    11-22-08 08:14 AM
    im sure theres someone who is willing to drive and meet you, just post the town and stat that you live in and tell them to PM you and im if ur within driving distance there will be people willing to meet up with you, but im not sure how this affects the whole test drive situation, i think you need to sign the 2 year contract to keep the phone and must atleast have the phone connected to your service plan for i think its 3 months not sure on the last part though.
    11-22-08 08:17 AM
    Do returned phones have to go through some quality check before going back out as "re-manufactured". Verizon surely cannot sell it as new.

My 2 cents...

HH
    11-22-08 08:18 AM
    im sure theres someone who is willing to drive and meet you, just post the town and stat that you live in and tell them to PM you and im if ur within driving distance there will be people willing to meet up with you, but im not sure how this affects the whole test drive situation, i think you need to sign the 2 year contract to keep the phone and must atleast have the phone connected to your service plan for i think its 3 months not sure on the last part though.
    Yes, but I would go back to ATT (and the storm) if I decided to return them....just switched carriers yesterday!
    11-22-08 08:20 AM
    Do returned phones have to go through some quality check before going back out as "re-manufactured". Verizon surely cannot sell it as new.

My 2 cents...

HH

correct. returned phones will go to the warehouse, go through i gigantic check list, sometimes longer than before the phone was put out, and then if passed, will be stamped as "certified-like new" and be able to be used in warranty swaps.

vzw does not sell returned phones.
    11-22-08 08:25 AM
    Sell it to me for 250. I'd buy it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-08 08:34 AM
    correct. returned phones will go to the warehouse, go through i gigantic check list, sometimes longer than before the phone was put out, and then if passed, will be stamped as "certified-like new" and be able to be used in warranty swaps.

vzw does not sell returned phones.
    they also sell them preowned on there website, maybe not now, but they definatly use them as warranty swaps before anything.
    11-22-08 08:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD