(First, I attempted to make this thread in the FAQ forum, but I was unable to do so. If I am doing something wrong, please move, delete, etc, and accept my apologies!).

So, I am a current Pearl owner, but am getting the Storm on Wednesday. I am super excited, and I have already begun doing my research. But, and I did search for a thread like this, I was wondering if there is, or should be, some sort of checklist for Storm Noobs to do upon getting their BB. Like top 10 (more or less) things one should do upon getting the Storm to optimize its performance (mods, 3rd party apps, user interface alterations, etc). Thanks in advance for all the anticipated replies!
    02-22-09 08:58 AM
    Good luck with your new Storm! Suggestions (and these have been mentioned many, many times before):
    1) Make sure u exit out of programs otherwise they will continue to run in the background (check for open apps/programs by pressing Blackberry button down for a second, should be Contacts, address book, home icon, Blackberry Messenger, Browser, Phone).
    2) Adjust keyboard for better typing experience: Screen/Keyboard>key Rate: fast>Tap interval: 100, Hover Period, 100> Swipe Sensitivity: High (6).
    3) Take the time to get used to the typing experience on this phone! It's definitely different!
    02-22-09 10:10 AM
    gracias! I will do all three of those when the storm cometh.
    02-22-09 10:31 AM
    Good luck with your new Storm! Suggestions (and these have been mentioned many, many times before):
    1) Make sure u exit out of programs otherwise they will continue to run in the background (check for open apps/programs by pressing Blackberry button down for a second, should be Contacts, address book, home icon, Blackberry Messenger, Browser, Phone).
    2) Adjust keyboard for better typing experience: Screen/Keyboard>key Rate: fast>Tap interval: 100, Hover Period, 100> Swipe Sensitivity: High (6).
    3) Take the time to get used to the typing experience on this phone! It's definitely different!
    +1. also read a lot of the posts on here. youll get a world of info. ive had my storm for a month and i find new things on here every day. but id look into 3rd party apps for fun and utility. also uninstall those things you dont use. when u get more used to it, id upgrade your OS and use crackmem to take out unnecessary things from the OS. enjoy!
    02-22-09 11:10 AM
    +1. also read a lot of the posts on here. youll get a world of info. ive had my storm for a month and i find new things on here every day. but id look into 3rd party apps for fun and utility. also uninstall those things you dont use. when u get more used to it, id upgrade your OS and use crackmem to take out unnecessary things from the OS. enjoy!
    I have been reading the forums like crazy. Def have some ideas on what to do when I get the phone. There really is just so much info out there it is pretty crazy.
    02-22-09 12:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD