You are MUCH better off with a PC. Here's why.

Currently there is no Desktop Manager fpr the Mac. One s reputed to be in the pipleline but it has not made it out the door evean as a leaked beta so far.

OS upgrades will probably (can't be sure) not be released as Mac exceccutables because it would double the abount of files released and RIM probably does not have the resouces for that.

Customization utilities only run on the PC. I have no plans to bring CrackMem or CrackUtil to the Mac.
    Wow, that's like saying Storm owners are better off with an iPhone.

1. Yes, rumors are that a BlackBerry Desktop Manager is currently in the works and should be released early next year.
    2. I'm sure RIM has plenty of resources.
    3. What the heck is CrackMem or CrackUtil? They don't seem like important or useful apps (I've never heard of them) so I'm sure we are fine without them.

To the OP, I use Boot Camp (which isn't an emulator since it allows you to run Windows XP or Vista natively on your Mac) on my MacBook Pro for work use and for when I need to upgrade my BlackBerry OS. I would love to not have to use it at all but until we live in a perfect world where everything is available for Mac OS this is what one must do (unless you want to wait for the OTA upgrade).
    12-21-08 09:58 PM
    I use DM on VMWare Fusion for Backup/Restore/Upgrade of the OS. I am starting to use Bootcamp more for true speed (not virtualized.) For everything else, I use the new Media Sync for Mac or put the Storm in mass storage mode.
    12-22-08 12:20 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD