my storm is about to come by fedex and i dont know what to do first. should i activate it, wipe it and install the new os or just play around with it.
    12-08-08 09:57 AM
    What phone are you coming from?
    Make sure you are running at least .75 for the OS, if not, that's the place to start.
    Get it activated, emails set up, then there's a thread full of apps.

I couldn't imagine waiting this long.
    12-08-08 10:01 AM
    I'd say play around with it, make sure everything works then do the upgrades. I always do this with new computers to make sure everything works before I reinstall to remove the bloatware. This way you can rule out problems from a bad upgrade from the get go.....
    12-08-08 10:01 AM
    Do a security wipe on it first. Options/Security/General, Menu/Wipe. Then when it comes back up, go through the basic wizard to get rid of languages and such. If you don't use VZNav, uninstall that and then activate. Then... whatever you want to do. Good luck.
    12-08-08 10:12 AM
    I'd say play around with it, make sure everything works then do the upgrades. I always do this with new computers to make sure everything works before I reinstall to remove the bloatware. This way you can rule out problems from a bad upgrade from the get go.....
    This makes sense. Take it out for a spin first before you do anything to it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-08 10:21 AM
    Do a security wipe on it first. Options/Security/General, Menu/Wipe. Then when it comes back up, go through the basic wizard to get rid of languages and such. If you don't use VZNav, uninstall that and then activate.
    I always wipe my phones right out of the box. It seems to help with performance for some reason, especially with the Win Mobile phones.
    12-08-08 10:46 AM
    Since you've waited so long, I would turn the phone off and plug it in for a good charge for at least 12-24 hours to get you batt going off to a good start.
    12-08-08 12:20 PM
    Since you've waited so long, I would turn the phone off and plug it in for a good charge for at least 12-24 hours to get you batt going off to a good start.
    Good advice! Li-Ion batteries should be fully fully charged before use to help prolong their life and capacity. Wonder if charging and using at the same time would effectively serve the same purpose...
    12-08-08 05:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD