I've read the sticky on how to load the leaked OSs to my Storm and I'm seriously considering trying it tonight. There are a few questions in my mind though as to what happens after I flash it.

I don't have many programs installed and I can do that myself and setting up an email account or two shouldn't be to hard, but is there anything else that needs to be done in order to use the Storm again?

Thanks,

-Bob
    02-20-09 08:14 AM
    first off, you shouldn't have to "set up" email accounts again and again. This might be the single biggest thing that drives me nuts at verizon when they ask you to "write your password on a post-it" so they can "set it up" for you.

go to the BIS website and resend those service books.

Secondly, make sure you follow the instructions well or we'll see another "I bricked my phone" thread

Thirdly, always do a battery pull immediately after loading the OS. I only usually do one but other CB members do 3-4 sometimes.

Fourth, Wait for the next OS leak
    02-20-09 08:19 AM
    I took the plunge and am very happy I did.

If you follow the instructions it will back up your device, install the update, restore all your settings, third party apps and contacts.
    I didn't have to do a thing after following the instructions.
    Worked great.
    It takes a little time and don't panic if it seems to be doing nothing for a bit.
    02-20-09 08:20 AM
    I took the plunge and am very happy I did.

If you follow the instructions it will back up your device, install the update, restore all your settings, third party apps and contacts.
    I didn't have to do a thing after following the instructions.
    Worked great.
    It takes a little time and don't panic if it seems to be doing nothing for a bit.
    Same here. If you follow instructions, it should install without any hassle. I've done several leaked OS installs and never had a problem......knock on wood!
    02-20-09 08:27 AM
    first off, you shouldn't have to "set up" email accounts again and again. This might be the single biggest thing that drives me nuts at verizon when they ask you to "write your password on a post-it" so they can "set it up" for you.

go to the BIS website and resend those service books.
    Yeah, funny thing is the freakin' tech never told me about the BIS site. I can log in through my phone but I haven't been able to figure out what to use as my login on the website. I'll have to stop by there tonight and ask I guess?

-Bob
    02-20-09 08:39 AM
    Just register and you will have a user I'd and password. I did it once and ever since every time I do software change, my emails appear automatically. Good luck. Just have instructions handy and follow them closely.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 08:49 AM
    I poked around on the Storm and found where to set up BIS with a username, I'm in on the web version now.

.103 here I come!

Thanks everyone!

-Bob
    02-20-09 08:53 AM
    I poked around on the Storm and found where to set up BIS with a username, I'm in on the web version now.

.103 here I come!

Thanks everyone!

-Bob
    Ok first thing. Are you planning to do a wipe with JL commander?

If not all you should do is do a backup, and even that isn't nesessary unless something goes wrong.

Point is nothing should go wrong. You install the OS onto your computer. Then hook the Berry to the computer run the DM, and then go to the Apploader and click on update the OS, its the option on the right.

When you upgrade your OS you don't have to worry about E-mail and your contacts, because it does it for you automatically.

It is really an easy thing to do. I know it sounds like alot, thats what I thought when I bought first Berry a Pearl last February, but it really is an easy process.

The only time you really run into serious problems when loading an OS is if
    1. The berry becomes disconnected from the computer, or
    2. The computer shuts off.

Once it gets going there is no worries.
    02-20-09 09:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD