I switched from a Pearl and could not be happier. My only gripe is the amount of internal system memory. The phone has 1GB of internal storage, why not use that 1GB as system memory too?
    02-21-09 09:38 AM
    I had the Curve. I am completely happy with the storm.
    02-21-09 09:45 AM
    I had a Razr first BlackBerry and could be more pleased with it gives me something to tinker with.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-09 10:06 AM
    I switched from an LG Voyager to the Storm however I keep a BB Curve as well. From an entertainment/fun factor perspective I prefer the Storm for Business/power user I prefer the Curve hands down.
    02-21-09 11:07 AM
    ....You can access the SD card with out using DM. I transfer all my media via drag and drop. make sure mass storage support is on. options>memory you can access the 1g internal and the 8g sd card.
    The Mass Storage Support is always "on" on my Storm. But when I connect the device with my laptop using the USB cable, I cannot see the micro SD drive on Windows Explorer on my laptop. I have to launch Desktop Manager in order to get the BLACKBERRY2 drive to display.

So how did you do that? Are you on a leaked OS? I am still on .75.

02-21-09 11:16 AM
    I switched from the G1 and overall am happy except for the browser and lack of applications on my bb

02-21-09 11:16 AM
    It would be helpful if you at least did a google search of the basic terms 3G, 2.5G & EVDO to find that EVDO is 3G. Actually it appears that it was the first 3G commercially launched in Japan quite a few years ago. Later in South Korea.

ATT just uses the label 3G with the iPhone 3G instead of the real name of their specific data technology. With their HSPA and HSDPA ATT does have the ability to be faster than Verizon's EVDO Rev A CDMA in some areas. However, since I travel a lot, I prefer the sometimes not quite as fast Verizon 3G which is available at very good speeds in a MUCH wider area to the much more limited high speed area of ATT as on my son's iPhone 3G.
    Well said.... anyway im coming from the dare... happy with my storm,just waiting on some updates and apps!
    02-21-09 11:22 AM
    Switched from a hacked to high heavens RazR V3m that I had for three years and am absolutely loving the storm! I also have a first gen ipod touch that I got when the things first came out and I remember sitting there waiting for apps to appear for it as well. I also remember that it had media, not to mention other, issues that have since been fixed. I rarely even pick up my touch anymore! The storm rocks, and in a few months it will rock even more!!!!
    02-21-09 11:30 AM
    I came from a pearl. It took me a bit to get used to such a big phone, but it is worth it and I don't know how I ever got by on such a little screen ! I am a little miffed at the new charging ports as I had everything for the pearl for charging (e.g. car charger).

Having suretype in portrait is a godsend for a small quick txt which having a pearl I am used to.
    02-21-09 11:39 AM
    Razr, Envy, Envy2, Storm. Love my Storm.
    02-21-09 11:46 AM
    Have both a Curve and a Storm... Luckily, no real pressing issues with the Storm except some minor ones that are just annoying. The biggest thing the Storm needs physically is ... a trackball... Text editing is just so tedious, but it's probably just an OS issue ie - the lag between picking a sentence/spot to edit and getting the cursor where you want.
    02-21-09 12:46 PM
    Came from a Razr. The Storm is my first smartphone. I'm still trying to be convinced it was the right purchase. Leaks helped a little. If not for them, I would not have kept it.
    02-21-09 01:15 PM
    I was using the Curve. The curve was my first bb. If you thumb back through a few pages, you'll see that I'm not a fan of the store.

When considering ppl's feedback, check to see if they actually own the storm. So many ppl have been defending the phone without ever using it.

I'm glad that you acknowledge that there are currently issues with the storm, albeit possible fixable issues. So many ppl have said (today) that their storm has no issues.
    I came from a Palm Treo 700p. I love the Storm and My Storm has NO problems. The phone is great in and of itself. Every problem I have is software and OS related not physacly with the phone.
    02-21-09 01:21 PM
    my last phone was a Samsung-u74O (the flip with the full keyboard) now i have a storm..BIG JUMP..It was very very frustrating at first being a first BB and my first touch screen and was questioning if it was worth it....But i love it now..not paying much more a month for 10xs the phone

Only problem I had was i had to replace it within the first 24hrs cause it wouldnt recognize the SD card that comes with it, it was exchanged and everything works fine...

Plus $200 with a $50 mail in rebate for an update was very well worth it lol
    02-21-09 02:26 PM
    After 10 years of PDA/phone running Palm OS, I left my Treo 650 for the BB Storm.

My first BB and was not sure at first what I had done. But, after some time, and getting the syncing just right, I love the BB Storm.
    02-21-09 10:39 PM
    came from two paper cups and long piece of string
    02-22-09 12:02 AM
    LGVX8100...it was a pretty reliable phone until it started restarting itself when I tried to make a call
    02-22-09 12:06 AM
    I had an ancient but reliable sony/ericcson until my storm.

02-23-09 05:32 AM
    Switched for the Pearl to Bold and I am VERY happy!!!!!
    02-23-09 05:38 AM
    I had the curve and I love my storm

02-23-09 06:27 AM
    I switched from the dare and I'm Totally happy

02-23-09 07:24 AM
    Treo 700p > Motorola Q9c > Storm.

My Storm has been great. Two OS updates and two battery pulls so far. The biggest thing I miss from my Q9c is Firefox, since it's not out for the BB OS.
    02-23-09 07:40 AM
    LG VX8300

Happy does not even begin to explain how I felt after the switch.
    02-23-09 02:12 PM
    I had a verizon LG Voyager and I liked it. But the storm is so much nicer. This is my first blackberry. Once I got used to the in and outs its been great. I don't think I can ever go back.

02-23-09 05:06 PM
    Treo 650p, Treo 700p. Phones before that, crap I can't remember.
    02-23-09 05:27 PM
193 ... 45678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD