02-26-09 02:19 PM
193 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Last phone was a samsung alias without a keyboard. All of the keys were on a plastic sheet that separated from the body. Compared to that the storm is amazing.
    11-23-08 04:19 PM
    I had an iPhone for a year (great phone!) and then the BB BOLD since Nov 4th (another great phone!). At&t's network is what drove me away. At this point I'm trying to decide between the BOLD and the STORM

I'm currently in possession of BOTH
    11-23-08 04:24 PM
    Switched from the Palm Treo 700w, and got to say I'm pretty pleased now!
    11-23-08 07:46 PM
    I switched from a curve 8330. I'm not very happy but I'm holding my breath for the OS update (tomorrow???) and I will be fair & give it a few weeks to get past the learning curve and see if it will grow on me. But as of right now I'm missing my curve badly lol.
    11-23-08 07:58 PM
    First Blackberry and I really like it. Had the original Motorola Q which is a great design, just time for an upgrade. Not quite used to keyboard to type a fast text but I'm getting better aleady.
    11-23-08 08:05 PM
    I switched from a Treo 700wx and the Storm is far better.
    11-23-08 08:18 PM
    I got my storm on Friday the launch day and I returned it to get my Curve back on Sunday. For what I use my phone for (email, text, IM) nothing beats the physical keyboard. I REALLY wanted to love the Storm but it was not meant to be.
    11-23-08 08:29 PM
    I had the 8830WE and find the Storm to be an acceptable upgrade with some expectation that things will improve somewhat.
    11-23-08 08:36 PM
    I got my storm on Friday the launch day and I returned it to get my Curve back on Sunday. For what I use my phone for (email, text, IM) nothing beats the physical keyboard. I REALLY wanted to love the Storm but it was not meant to be.
    This is why I don't get why people like you would get the Storm. If all you really do is text/im/email, no touchscreen phone will really suit your needs. Although I'm sure I'll learn to type pretty fast when I get mine, nothing will ever beat a physical keyboard. I wish you would just give me your Storm. -.-
    11-23-08 08:40 PM
    I switched from the LG EnV....I'm very happy. This is my first smartphone so I'm still a little lost on how to get through everything...but so far I've had it a few days & I'm pretty happy with it.
    02-18-09 05:51 PM
    I switched from Moto Q9M. This is my first blackberry and I'm extremely happy with it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-09 05:57 PM
    I had a Moto razr (a replacement after my LG phone was stolen.) Loving the Storm, and patiently aiting on the App store!
    02-18-09 06:49 PM
    Switched from a Pearl and its the greatest BlackBerry to date!
    02-18-09 07:01 PM
    From the Q9m. Great so far.
    02-18-09 07:07 PM
    From a samsung flip with zero texting, no browsing (no camera) to this...this...monster!

So far I've managed to get all my windows media tunes (873 purely by accident) a blackberry email addy and a few contacts loaded.

I'll be damned if I can ever find out how to access my browser. Bell told me it was all set.

I'm enjoying it for now but shudder to think what it might be costing me in memory for all that music. Can't seem to figure out how to delete most.

Still, got a call for a job just a couple hours ago so it's pay'n for itself already.
    02-21-09 12:59 AM
    I switched from the Razr because the screen was starting to go dead after about 2 years. This is my first blackberry and I love it, and I doubt I'll ever not own a blackberry again.
    02-21-09 01:07 AM
    I switched from the LG vx8300. It was a good PHONE but thats all it was good for. I was going to get the Omnia but as I was at the store to buy it, something told me not too. I went home and went on verizon's website and got TWO storms for 150 (wife and I have two lines). BEST DECISION EVER!!! I love my storm so much...I want to carress it, take it for long walks on the beach...sorry, was considering going x-rated on ya but I better be cool.
    Seriously though, I read alot of posts about people thinking its slow and clunky, I have 6GB used up already, 5 themes installed at the same time and still using 4.7.0.75 and for the last 2 weeks have had 0 issues with it. Accelerometer works great, the only time it even thinks about choking is right when you end a call and try to launch an app right away...it lags for 2 secs but thats it. Rock on ya'll
    02-21-09 01:21 AM
    Switched from a LG Dare and I am pretty happy. I already had the network with the Dare but the Blackberry options suit me perfectly.
    02-21-09 01:23 AM
    So what device did you switch from to get the Storm, and are you happy with the storm?

I switched from the 8703e and yes I'm happy

I admit the storm has it's issues (laggyness, accelerometer slowness/funkiness); however, comming from an 8703e, it's a ****ing godsend. And if you think the storm is laggy, just use my oldschool blackberry.
    see below
    02-21-09 01:32 AM
    I switched from a Palm Treo and a Dare. This device takes the place of both devices but not without a price. I miss the key board of the Palm and the small size of the Dare. I think sometimes I could go back but all I have to do is play with someones Dare or Palm and I realize I can't give up the Slacker radio, the HTML e-mail, the screen size or resolution. It's definitely not perfect but I can't go back now...I'm in too deep. Stinking Crackberry. Good advise for people still looking...run, run far away. This thing is very addictive.
    02-21-09 01:33 AM
    i went from a envy to a storm...and i LOVE it.
    02-21-09 01:49 AM
    Switched from an iPhone 3G on Rogers. Much happier with my Storm for business and Bell from Canada is great.
    02-21-09 01:59 AM
    Lg chocolate - absolutely no comparison to the storm!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-09 02:02 AM
    Switched from a Nokia E61i with BB connect to the storm.

Right now I am on the fence I love somethings about the storm but there are things I miss about the Nokia that I wish the storm had, like a better browser. Compared to the Nokia browser the storms browser sucks.

Oh well waiting for Opera to make version for the storm and hopefully with take away my complaint about the browser. The rest I am finding work arounds even if it takes me 5 clicks to do what I could on the Nokia in 1.
    02-21-09 02:21 AM
    Switched from a Helio Ocean and I'm much happier.
    02-21-09 02:56 AM
193 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD