I Switched from the BB Pearl. Nice lil phone, but not all that useful as I thought it would be. I have 5 Phones on my account. So I just used the upgrade from one of my other phones to UpGrade my own phone to the Storm. So Far, Its Awsome !
    11-23-08 08:58 AM
    From the Pearl 8130 to the Storm. So far I love this phone, but I can't wait for 3rd party apps to start showing up.

The only thing I miss about my Pearl is the size, but it's worth giving it up for the Storms Mondo screen.
    11-23-08 08:59 AM
    I switched from tmobile's pearl to the storm. I have to say that it does take some getting used to. I just picked it up yesterday and I'm not sure if I'm happy yet. It's laggy, it freezes, I got the blue screen of death once and the accelerometer is a little slow. *sigh* we'll see.
    will be coming from a voyager, still waiting for the storm to come in. I will repost when I get it. (I suspect I will like it either way)
    I came from a Voyager/Dare combo, I got Verizon to send me a Dare instead of a fourth faulty Voyager, which worked out nicely since I got enough money by selling the Dare to pay for my Storm. I can honestly say. I love the Storm. The browser is far superior to the aforementioned phones, being able to watch my movies in full screen rocks, always getting my email is the best, I already find myself leaving my outlook off, and just using my phone. Is the Storm perfect? No, but the bugs it does have at the moment, are minor in my opinion, and I'm sure future updates will bring this thing darn close to perfect.
    11-23-08 09:04 AM
    I switched from the 8830 World Edition and I am happy. I knew, going into it, that there would be kinks and lags here and there, but that's the price you pay by purchasing a first edition phone (or anything else for that matter).

I must admit, as of right now, I am missing the keyboard on the 8830; but, my typing speed has increased greatly on the Storm and it is only a matter of time before my brain is trained as to where to put my fingers each and every time...

Loving the interface on this thing. It will be great once the application center is expanded and we have tons of applications available. My experience will be 100 times better once we get a good version of DM for a Mac!
    11-23-08 09:06 AM
    I came from a LG VX8300, although I did have a MotoQ when they first came out and hated that phone. I really am liking the Storm so far, quirks and all!
    11-23-08 09:15 AM
    My last phone was the Dare, Iam in love with this Storm
    11-23-08 09:19 AM
    My last phone was the Dare, Iam in love with this Storm
    Ditto. This is my 4th phone this year. I had a Voyager, then went to the iPhone and RAN back to VZW and the Dare (hated it - "In Living Color" Men On Film). Before the Voyager, I had several PDA phones and took a break. Missed having the features of a PDA phone and have always wanted a BB. This phone was what I've been waiting for. Just hit 24 hours. Loving it more each day.
    11-23-08 09:24 AM
    Pearl to the Storm, learning to love it. I miss my trackball, but figuring out the shortcuts on the Storm.
    11-23-08 09:55 AM
    Going from the Chocolate to the Storm. Very different because it is so wide, but I will never go back!!
    11-23-08 10:00 AM
    i switched back to Verizon from an iPhone after only 7 months with att. screw them and their crap battery, dropped calls, and extremely crappy network. I wanted a business phone, not a toy. try running 3 businesses on an iPhone. NOT a good idea when you don't get email.

the Storm is great. a real business phone and a solid performer all around. reminds me a lot of my 7130 and a Pearl.
    11-23-08 10:01 AM
    Switched from Palm 755p and I am extremely happy!

My wife loves her 755p. For me? Never did like it that much. With this phone, I'm impressed right away. We've all read the pros and cons and I am very pleased with my decision to buy it.
    11-23-08 10:08 AM
    Switch from my curve with T-mobile. Ever since T-mobile took over Suncom I had the worse reception. I had to use the phone from my front porch even then it SUCKED. But I got out of my contract . because of it. I LOVE my Storm and it's nice not having to sit out in the cold to use it!
    11-23-08 10:10 AM
    I come from using the bold and while I do like the storm and am getting use to it if the bold was on verizon I would probably taken the storm back and got the bold but since its on att ill wait until its on Verizon unless I do grow to love the storm
    I mean the only orblems I have is it freezes and the qweryt keyboard because the sure type is great. So we'll see how it goes
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    FYI, I'm pretty sure the Bold is comming to VZ as the Niagra, someone correct me if I'm wrong. But I recall seeing a PPT slide that had some upcomming devices and one was a CDMA bold
    11-23-08 10:18 AM
    I switched from sprint and I am very happy. I Heard some bad reviews about the storm the day before it came out. But once I got it, I was very happy! I was one of the few that got the storm in! The guys at Verizon store in Carslbad, CA hooked it up for me!! Thanks guys!!

I switched from the 8830! The pearl kept getting stuck!! Im so glad i switched. I broke the contract as well!
    Last edited by Vinuj23; 11-23-08 at 10:22 AM. Reason: forgot to put the phone i used
    11-23-08 10:20 AM
    I come from a lgvx8550 (Chocolate) And, well...It's different, but I love it. I was the first in my town to purchase a Storm (being as theres only one store, besides walmart that wouldnt get it)...So I feel special...
    Last edited by IxilPierce; 11-23-08 at 10:29 AM.
    11-23-08 10:22 AM
    It seems to me mostly everyone who bought the storm (who responded to this thread) is overall really happy with their new Storm.

I would almost like to hear from people who don't like the storm and what device they came from. It seems to me that given any glitches in the Storm, everyone thinks this phone is one of the best alternative at the moment (honestly can't wait they come out with Storm 2, when they fix all the complaints of this storm )
    11-23-08 10:27 AM
    FYI, I'm pretty sure the Bold is comming to VZ as the Niagra, someone correct me if I'm wrong. But I recall seeing a PPT slide that had some upcomming devices and one was a CDMA bold
    The Niagara isn't really the CDMA version of the bold. It's complicated. The Niagara is the successor to the 8830WE, but not exactly the bold.
    11-23-08 10:29 AM
    I came from a Moto RAZR2 v9m dumbphone to the Storm. I had no prior history with RIM productS, so everything is new to me. I am amazed at everything I am learning that I can do with this device.

There is definately a learning curve with the touchscreen and the keyboards, but it sure beats ITAP! The more I use it, the easier it gets. In fact, I am surprised at the accuraty of the Sure-Type keyboard and am liking that feature more and more.

I think you have got to give yourself some time with this phone. I can't understand some people returned it within a few hours or a few days. Verizon has extended the return date until January 15, 2009 for the holidays (look on your receipt), so there is plenty of time to give it a go.

Divine Providence put our eyes in the front of our heads to look forward. That's where I'm lookin'! I REALLY LOVE THIS PHONE!!
    11-23-08 10:57 AM
    VZW Pearl to Storm

Overall, I am pleased. Storm is a very good device, but in its current form I think the hype leading up to its release was a bit excessive. It's a big step in the right direction, but not the leap forward I had been expecting.

I think anyone going from the Pearl to the Storm will be very pleased.
    11-23-08 11:15 AM
    i switched from Palm 700wx and am loving the storm.
    11-23-08 11:49 AM
    went from a Pearl to the iPhone to the iPhone 3G and now the Storm. i am very happy with my decision to come back to the BB world
    11-23-08 11:53 AM
    I switched from a Palm Treo that ran WM 5.1. I've always gone the WM route, starting with the PDA days, so I wasn't expecting any problems and thought I'd found the phone/pda for me. Unfortunately, the OS is not stable, the phone would often not register a call (meaning it wouldn't ring) and I was on top of the wold those days it didn't freeze. It actually froze on Friday and is still in that state right now. I have no hate for the Treo - the keyboard is great and when it wasn't frozen I could get work done.

My Storm doesn't lag or freeze and on occasion I might have to wait a few more seconds for it to switch between landscape and portrait but that wouldn't be a make or break for me anyway. I do have issues with the speakers and using the phone without the included wired headset - tinny. Other than that, I'm on track with the typing and that was my primary concern - will I be able to type on this thing? Yes, I can.
    Last edited by Msgadget; 11-23-08 at 12:17 PM.
    11-23-08 12:06 PM
    curve 8310, changed to storm 1st day it came out. Love it, yeah issues but will wait for ota. Also tips on shortcuts is such a bonus -keep them coming
    11-23-08 03:16 PM
193 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD