02-26-09 02:19 PM
193 1234 ...
tools
    Didn't like the Storm. Just bought a new Curve 8830 on Ebay to replace my ****ty Voyager and plan on having it until the Javelin comes out for VZW in May or so...hopefully sooner.
    11-23-08 02:31 AM
    switched from the pearl. A big ump but love it.
    11-23-08 02:33 AM
    treo 700p.... thank god! thats done with
    I came from the Treo 700W and I feel the same way - I feel redeemed.
    11-23-08 02:39 AM
    I'm switching from LG Voyager. I don't have the phone yet(its coming monday), but after having the voyager since the summer and after two weeks already HATING it, I know that i'm gonna love the storm, or at least like it much more than the voyager.....
    11-23-08 02:53 AM
    Iphone and I like it so far.... ITs good to back back on a blackberry platform
    11-23-08 02:56 AM
    i came from voyager. The storm is great but my is defective my left corner of the screen doesn't click anymore.
    11-23-08 03:00 AM
    Alias and I love it. i think the alias adequately prepped me for the storms key size, etc.

I realize there are bugs but I know that they'll be fixed in due time...once they are I'll be ecstatic with the purchase.
    11-23-08 03:02 AM
    I come from using the bold and while I do like the storm and am getting use to it if the bold was on verizon I would probably taken the storm back and got the bold but since its on att ill wait until its on Verizon unless I do grow to love the storm
    I mean the only orblems I have is it freezes and the qweryt keyboard because the sure type is great. So we'll see how it goes
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by pre022000; 11-23-08 at 03:16 AM.
    11-23-08 03:13 AM
    I come from using the bold and while I do like the storm and am getting use to it if the bold was on verizon I would probably taken the storm back and got the bold but since its on att ill wait until its on Verizon unless I do grow to love the storm
    I mean the only orblems I have is it freezes and the qweryt keyboard because the sure type is great. So we'll see how it goes

is att really that bad?

because i have verizon now and my contract ends in 2 weeks and i was deciding between the storm and bold and used both phones and to me the bold is PERFECT and wayy better than the storm, it just doesn't have touchscreen or a 3.2mp camera but i don't care about that stuff anyway, but i really like verizon so i really don't know what to do!
    11-23-08 03:29 AM
    is att really that bad?

because i have verizon now and my contract ends in 2 weeks and i was deciding between the storm and bold and used both phones and to me the bold is PERFECT and wayy better than the storm, it just doesn't have touchscreen or a 3.2mp camera but i don't care about that stuff anyway, but i really like verizon so i really don't know what to do!
    i guess it depends where you live but verizon is a better overall company and with the purchase of alltel the coverage is going to be even better as if it could really get anybetter so i would stick with verizon until the bold or the new curve 8900 comes out , its like a mini bold with a storm 3.2mp camera
    11-23-08 03:48 AM
    I came from Sprint with the HTC Touch which was a very small, cool phone. The Touch was a nice unit but no EVDO here so all web stuff was very slow. The Storm is large compared to the Touch but I'm getting used to it. One thing I don't get yet is the file struture. I think it's because I'm using Windows and it can't see the folders on the Storm. I move files to the card and they show up in the apps so I guess I don't need to know. All in all the Storm is great. I'm very pleased and I'm sure after a couple weeks I'll be flying on this thing.
    11-23-08 03:49 AM
    i guess it depends where you live but verizon is a better overall company and with the purchase of alltel the coverage is going to be even better as if it could really get anybetter so i would stick with verizon until the bold or the new curve 8900 comes out , its like a mini bold with a storm 3.2mp camera
    yeah i love verizon and i have no complaints, but i just love the bold so much and i tried the storm it isn't really for me so idk what i'm gonna do! lol

thanks for you're help though man, i'm gonna see how att is in my area and that will really help out my decision
    11-23-08 03:55 AM
    Left Sprint with a Treo 755 and couldn't be more pleased....with one exception.

I went from $100 a month for unlimited everything (including data) to $150 on Verizon. Which is a bit nuts...but there you have it.
    11-23-08 09:10 AM
    I switched from the curve 8330 and I am soooooooo happy. Yes, typing will take a couple more days to improve my speed but I love this phone!
    11-23-08 09:15 AM
    Switched from a LG VX8700, my first QWERTY. Now going to retire my Palm T|X and Palm Tungsten C

TomC
    Web Forwarding
    Last edited by tom041652; 11-23-08 at 09:40 AM.
    11-23-08 09:17 AM
    From pearl to storm, love it, but pearl won't be going up for sale until the storm makes it for a couple weeks in MY real world....
    11-23-08 09:17 AM
    Went from the Pearl to the Curve to the Moto q 9c, back to the Pearl until I got my Storm....I love it!
    11-23-08 09:19 AM
    I switched from an 8330 ColorWare Curve to the Storm. I love having SureType again, had a pearl previously. I had a chance to preview the Storm 2 weeks ago and knew what I was getting myself into. Very happy with my purchase!
    11-23-08 09:23 AM
    I gladly turned in my XV-6800. Window based does not compare to RIM.

Finally, I can open excel files again( I had a BB 8830 before.)

In regard to the Storm haters.... this phone is amazing, sure there are minor glitches. Occasionally there might be a delay of 3 or 4 seconds between screen changes but that is not a big deal. Minor glitches will be worked out.

It was worth the 5 hour wait on Friday.
    11-23-08 09:28 AM
    I switched from the Curve on T-Mobile. I was hesitant about the whole no wifi thing but now that I'm on Verizon I can see what everyone is talking about. Superb coverage and fast EVDO. Goodbye to that crappy EDGE network. I'm still getting used to the keyboards. Almost up to the typing speed I had on the Curve. Experienced some lag initially but I followed the tips/tricks here on CB and removed some of the recommended apps. Now it's fast and more responsive. Couldn't be happier!

11-23-08 09:47 AM
    From Treo 700wx, and I am very happy!
    11-23-08 09:49 AM
    From a curve its taking some getting used to but I am overall very happy.

11-23-08 09:51 AM
    I switched from a Voyager and, its a HUGE difference. I am so much happier now. Now I'm wondering how I survived so long without a berry
    11-23-08 09:52 AM
    Sorry, my post was meant for a different thread.

Last edited by pool_shark; 11-23-08 at 10:25 AM.
    11-23-08 09:53 AM
    From a Pearl. Yes.
    11-23-08 09:53 AM
193 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD