My Sig says it all.
    02-21-09 02:18 AM
    I switched from an LG EnV to the Storm. I'm very pleased with the upgrade. I've finally got a PDA and a phone in one unit!
    02-21-09 02:40 AM
    sprint curve to storm... sprints service and 1xevdo is way better than verizons but i love the storm.... but if sprint ever got the storm goodbye verizon!!!!
    02-21-09 02:43 AM
    read my sig....
    I have been a "crack head" for a long time....love the storm, best yet!
    02-21-09 04:09 AM
    I had the BB Curve 8330, love the phone and the push email, plus the ability to download, save, and attach files to emails without needing third-party apps that cost.

Ditch the 8330 and bought the iPhone, now I miss the BB features like ability to attach files. The "push" on iPhone is not really pushing.

Am thinking of switching back to my beloved Verizon, you think the Storm is worth it? Will websites on the BB Storm allow us to view mobile or full sites. Because some websites automatically detects a mobile device, so there is no option to view full site, like Chase or Schwab.

Please help.

Thanks a lot.
    02-21-09 04:16 AM
    I went from a Sony Ericsson K850i. Ended my contract early to get a storm and have not looked back since. Absolutely love the storm
    02-21-09 04:30 AM
    I came from the htc mogul, and im much happier with the storm.

although i dropped and threw the mogul like it was a toy, and it never eff'd it up (more than it already was).. but im a little scared with the storm, so im taking much better care of this one.
    02-21-09 05:24 AM
    I switched from the Samsung u740 (Alias). I am very happy with the Storm except that mine seems to be randomly rebooting several times per day.

This is my first smartphone/Blackberry and I love all the things it can do, but I'm annoyed by the random reboots.

JD
    02-21-09 06:46 AM
    Switched from lg vx9400 mobile tv phone. I miss the mobile tv but otherwise extremely happy!
    02-21-09 07:19 AM
    I switched from a samsung flip phone(first time blackberry user) and I could not be happier. I love the storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-09 07:25 AM
    I've been a Crackberry addict for years via my work...but went bi-blackberry stepping up from an LGVX10000 Voyager to a Storm as my personal phone in December.
    02-21-09 07:33 AM
    The Niagara isn't really the CDMA version of the bold. It's complicated. The Niagara is the successor to the 8830WE, but not exactly the bold.

Its generally a good idea to not say anything when you have no clue what you're talking about
    The Niagara IS the CDMA Bold. Upgraded camera and device RAM with no WiFi. Oh yea there are some cosmetic changes too to bring it in line with the 8900 look
    There is also a 8900 CDMA variant with no WiFi rumored to be going to VZW
    I suppose you verizon fanboys will find a way to spin EVDO(2.5G) and no WiFi on the CDMA bold as better than 3G and WiFi on the GSM Bold. Should be fun

02-21-09 07:47 AM
    I went from a nokia 8800 to the storm a huge quantum leap..and now I know why I had the nokia..i'm to old for technology

So I have also a sony ericsson c905 which I find for my needs is brilliant, especially with a 8 meg camera

I made the mistake of thinking the storm was a good phone, it isn't but the storm 9500 gsm I have is a brilliant life and work tool, sometimes I think thats why people get angry with it

So for me, tried it..thought it was cool..but not for me so returning back to the old school ways
    02-21-09 08:15 AM
    I have been a long time Windows Mobile devices user and it goes all the way back to the XDA device. My last one was XV6800 made by HTC. It was a sweet device and let me hack it to my heart's content (well, because of the Windows Mobile OS). But the problem with HTC devices is that there is not a whole lot of 3rd party software written for them. If you look at the success of the iPhone and the Blackberry, it is primarily because of the support from the developer community. You can easily find 3rd party software and OTA software for those devices. That enhances and prolongs the appeals of the iPhone and the Blackberry.

I finally said goodbye to HTC devices and switched over to BB Storm. I love the Storm. Yes, it does not have WiFi. But I never use WiFi even when my previous devices have such capability. Keep in mind that public WiFi is NOT SAFE, and I will never use public WiFi if I can help it. When I am at home, I rather use my laptops than the Storm. So the WiFi issue is a moot point to me. And yes, the Storm does have some minor issues. But what device did not have issues after the initial launch? It took Apple ONE YEAR to fix the iPhone issues and came out with the iPhone 3G. Besides, the current issues with the Storm are all minor and tolerable. The Storm has more up sides than down sides in my humble opinion.

My only complaint about the Storm is that I cannot access the micro SD card directly without using Desktop Manager. The iPhone lets you access media card without any software (just the USB cable), so it can be done. I hope Blackberry will fix this later.

02-21-09 08:15 AM
    Switched from an 8330, was very please with that phone.

Purchased the Storm and was initially a little disappointed. Mind you that was back in November. My answer to this question would have been different at that time.

Now, with the OS updates, new apps everyday, and themes that are becoming available, this phone is becoming everything I anticipated and more. I cant wait to see the Storms continued development over the next year!
    02-21-09 08:31 AM
    II had the 8800 and it somehow fell out of my pouch. I loved that phone - it was reliable, the typing was outstanding and I miss it greatly.
    Even though I am happy with the storm, I would love it
    more if it had a track ball the menu and back button. As well as a slide out keyboard, even it tha meant sacrificeing its thin form factor a little.
    Other than that, I just want the buggynss fixed. And the browser typing is ****king annoying.

Last edited by paulDIAT; 02-21-09 at 08:48 AM.
    02-21-09 08:45 AM
    I have been a long time Windows Mobile devices user and it goes all the way back to the XDA device. My last one was XV6800 made by HTC. It was a sweet device and let me hack it to my heart's content (well, because of the Windows Mobile OS). But the problem with HTC devices is that there is not a whole lot of 3rd party software written for them. If you look at the success of the iPhone and the Blackberry, it is primarily because of the support from the developer community. You can easily find 3rd party software and OTA software for those devices. That enhances and prolongs the appeals of the iPhone and the Blackberry.

I finally said goodbye to HTC devices and switched over to BB Storm. I love the Storm. Yes, it does not have WiFi. But I never use WiFi even when my previous devices have such capability. Keep in mind that public WiFi is NOT SAFE, and I will never use public WiFi if I can help it. When I am at home, I rather use my laptops than the Storm. So the WiFi issue is a moot point to me. And yes, the Storm does have some minor issues. But what device did not have issues after the initial launch? It took Apple ONE YEAR to fix the iPhone issues and came out with the iPhone 3G. Besides, the current issues with the Storm are all minor and tolerable. The Storm has more up sides than down sides in my humble opinion.

My only complaint about the Storm is that I cannot access the micro SD card directly without using Desktop Manager. The iPhone lets you access media card without any software (just the USB cable), so it can be done. I hope Blackberry will fix this later.

3rd party apps for WinMo are everywhere! And 90% are free. I too came from windows mobile, and a 6800 with working gps (on vzw) and a ton of 3rd party apps for anything and everything.

You can access the SD card with out using DM. I transfer all my media via drag and drop. make sure mass storage support is on. options>memory you can access the 1g internal and the 8g sd card.
    02-21-09 08:51 AM
    So what device did you switch from to get the Storm, and are you happy with the storm?

I switched from the 8703e and yes I'm happy

I admit the storm has it's issues (laggyness, accelerometer slowness/funkiness); however, comming from an 8703e, it's a ****ing godsend. And if you think the storm is laggy, just use my oldschool blackberry.
    I had a HTC 8525 w/ATT, predecessor of the Tilt. I ordered my Storm on the first day of availability and haven't looked back. I am so much happier for 3 reasons. 1. There is really no comparison to my old "pocket computer" and this Storm. There was a learning curve, but never regretted it. 2. Verison blows AT&T away with coverage and customer service. 3. Crackberry. This site AND you guys make a first time BB owner feel welcome and confident that virtually any problem can be resolved. Thanks guys!

02-21-09 08:55 AM
    Switched after having the Curve since it was released. At first I absolutely hated it and desperately missed my curve. After about a week of getting used to the things that initially bothered me it started to grow on me. 3 weeks later, I am amazed I lived so long with the teeny tiny screen on the curve.

02-21-09 08:55 AM
    Its generally a good idea to not say anything when you have no clue what you're talking about
    The Niagara IS the CDMA Bold. Upgraded camera and device RAM with no WiFi. Oh yea there are some cosmetic changes too to bring it in line with the 8900 look
    There is also a 8900 CDMA variant with no WiFi rumored to be going to VZW
    I suppose you verizon fanboys will find a way to spin EVDO(2.5G) and no WiFi on the CDMA bold as better than 3G and WiFi on the GSM Bold. Should be fun

It would be helpful if you at least did a google search of the basic terms 3G, 2.5G & EVDO to find that EVDO is 3G. Actually it appears that it was the first 3G commercially launched in Japan quite a few years ago. Later in South Korea.

ATT just uses the label 3G with the iPhone 3G instead of the real name of their specific data technology. With their HSPA and HSDPA ATT does have the ability to be faster than Verizon's EVDO Rev A CDMA in some areas. However, since I travel a lot, I prefer the sometimes not quite as fast Verizon 3G which is available at very good speeds in a MUCH wider area to the much more limited high speed area of ATT as on my son's iPhone 3G.
    02-21-09 09:01 AM
    Switched form the orange env and the storm is leaps and bounds better. I love it.

02-21-09 09:02 AM
    To the OP question, I went from BB 7250 to Pearl to Storm. Not perfect but to get more media/browsing/application functions along with traditional BB e-mail capabilities it is serving me well.
    02-21-09 09:03 AM
    Switched from a 8830WE thought about switching back a couple times but the storm is fun still needs work but it is heading in the right direction I think. The web browsing is awesome and my wife is addicted to word mole so I'm happy.
    02-21-09 09:06 AM
    Well I'm kind of ashamed to say this but I came from a razor 1 ............ And I'm so glad I have the storm.

02-21-09 09:20 AM
    I had the curve and I'm happy with the storm. It does take a little getting use too but it is a great device all in all.

02-21-09 09:35 AM
193 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD