So what device did you switch from to get the Storm, and are you happy with the storm?

I switched from the 8703e and yes I'm happy

I admit the storm has it's issues (laggyness, accelerometer slowness/funkiness); however, comming from an 8703e, it's a ****ing godsend. And if you think the storm is laggy, just use my oldschool blackberry.
    11-23-08 12:22 AM
    Switched from the Curve and quite happy!

Software issues are minor and can be fixed. Hardware and general functionality gains are impressive. Should satisfy me until the next latest and greatest comes out!
    11-23-08 12:25 AM
    switched from the pearl, love it! I'm a little sad to see my pearl go, it is amazing but i love the storm, big shock going from the different sizes haha
    11-23-08 12:26 AM
    Currently using the Env2 and waiting for my Storm to be delivered. Been reading a lot of negative comments about it. I hope I won't be too disappointed.
    11-23-08 12:26 AM
    switched from the sidekick slide and i love it! so happy to get rid of that crap.
    11-23-08 12:27 AM
    Currently using the Env2 and waiting for my Storm to be delivered. Been reading a lot of negative comments about it. I hope I won't be too disappointed.
    keep in mind you may not like it for the first day or two... but wait it out! at least a week of constant use before you decide you dont like it. everyone who says they dont like it gave it less then a day
    11-23-08 12:27 AM
    coming from moto q. its amazing
    11-23-08 12:28 AM
    came from my iphone 3g/voyager and i love it !!!
    11-23-08 12:28 AM
    Had an 8830 and am very happy about the switch.
    11-23-08 12:29 AM
    came from lg 8600and8700 and love it. Hated touch screens when they first came out somewhat disliked this touch screen when i got it and learned to absolutely love it
    11-23-08 12:30 AM
    LG Chocolate 2...and **** YEAH I'M HAPPY!!!!
    11-23-08 12:30 AM
    So what device did you switch from to get the Storm, and are you happy with the storm?

I switched from the 8703e and yes I'm happy

I admit the storm has it's issues (laggyness, accelerometer slowness/funkiness); however, comming from an 8703e, it's a ****ing godsend. And if you think the storm is laggy, just use my oldschool blackberry.
    I was using the Curve. The curve was my first bb. If you thumb back through a few pages, you'll see that I'm not a fan of the store.

When considering ppl's feedback, check to see if they actually own the storm. So many ppl have been defending the phone without ever using it.

I'm glad that you acknowledge that there are currently issues with the storm, albeit possible fixable issues. So many ppl have said (today) that their storm has no issues.
    11-23-08 12:31 AM
    I'm probably going to retire my iPhone 3G now that I have my storm. Nothing wrong with the iPhone, but ATT reception SUCKS here. Then I'll be left with just the storm and the G1. Pretty happy with the storm so far. When I first got it, I didn't really like the click screen but have since come to love it.
    11-23-08 12:36 AM
    I am coming from an iPhone, and the storm blows it away. I don't understand everybody's bad reviews on the keyboard, but I love it. I also think this phone is superior because of the network. The browser on my iphone would crash 5-7 times a day, anybody with an iphone can feel my pain. The browser on the storm has not crashed once, and i've been pushing it hard since I got it. I am definitely happy with the purchase, and would recommend everybody to just give it a chance.
    11-23-08 12:36 AM
    Went from an old school blackberry, to a razor, to an iphone, to an LG ax8600, and finally to the Storm. It has quirks but thats what you expect to be on the bleeding edge of the technology curve. Happy to say this phone is the best thing I have ever owned beside my first phone...the old stand up model like Zach from "Saved by the Bell" had.
    11-23-08 12:40 AM
    Coming from an 8830 and love my new storm.
    11-23-08 12:41 AM
    ^^^^^^^^^^ see not all iphone owners are !diots lol
    11-23-08 12:41 AM
    I'm coming from a Bold. While there are definite trade offs, I'm taking the bold back (still within my 30 days) and sticking with the Storm and Verizon. It was a close call. Frankly, if I had to spend all day pecking out long emails, I would probably stick with the bold. However, my work mainly requires me to simply read what others are reporting to me and to occasionally shoot back emails that are, at most, a few paragraphs in length. The keyboard on the Storm is more than adequate for that and the other benefits of the touchscreen and 4.7 tip the balance in the Storm's favor.
    11-23-08 12:43 AM
    Came from Alltel and a Moto Q. Love it so far. (Verizon and the Storm). I realize there are a lot of bugs but it should all be worked out quickly.
    11-23-08 12:44 AM
    treo 700p.... thank god! thats done with
    11-23-08 12:48 AM
    as soon as my storm gets here (supposedly tuesday) i will be switching from a house phone to the storm. i haven't had a cellphone in about a year. i am the missing link.
    11-23-08 12:50 AM
    I'm coming from a Bold. While there are definite trade offs, I'm taking the bold back (still within my 30 days) and sticking with the Storm and Verizon. It was a close call. Frankly, if I had to spend all day pecking out long emails, I would probably stick with the bold. However, my work mainly requires me to simply read what others are reporting to me and to occasionally shoot back emails that are, at most, a few paragraphs in length. The keyboard on the Storm is more than adequate for that and the other benefits of the touchscreen and 4.7 tip the balance in the Storm's favor.
    Yea I think the bold is definately a great phone, and is really fast. I'm almost glad that it's not out on Verizon right now, cause if it were, it would have been a much harder decision for me.
    11-23-08 12:52 AM
    Switched from an LG VX9400 dumbphone and very happy with the Storm. Even with a few glitches here and there, it is light years ahead of what I had. Definitely not as bad as some have made it out to be....

Ken
    11-23-08 12:52 AM
    Treo/Voyager .... been waiting for the Storm for awhile now. This my first BB and it was definitely worth the wait. Yes .... I like my Storm!
    11-23-08 01:15 AM
    I switched from ATT/ iPhone to the Storm and could not be happier!! VZW has better coverage where I am and I have not been getting dropped calls. I use to have a Pearl with ATT before I got the iPhone, and let me tell you...I have missed having a BB. I cancelled out my contract with ATT within 2 weeks of upgrading and getting the iPhone. I then got a cheap phone from VZW and returned it within my 30 days to get the Storm. I know that this has been discussed before, but the iPhone seemed to have more hype than the phone is actually worth. (This is coming from a Mac user) That phone was missing some of the most common things found on other phones. The Storm and BB's seem to have a lot more/ do more than the iPhone could. I am glad to be apart of VZW now and have the first BB touch screen phone!!
    11-23-08 01:24 AM
193 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD