I am newbie here, but after reading lots of post (my Storm is on its way) I have some questions about room for improvement in the storm:

I played with it when it just came out in the store, not a great experience (inaccurate clicking in the browser, slow accelerom, weird surepress experience). The lack of WIFI plus the negative posts made me look for other options to upgrade my phone. Samsung omnia looked perfect (WIFI, DIVX player, the mouse option is great), but no GSM capabilities, and I need it to work overseas. So back to the ONLY-global-VZW Storm option.

What I would ask to developers and to the provider:
    -WIFI please...it seems that the phone cabailities go forward but still they try to leave you unsatisfied so that you keep changing phone.
    -A mouse tracking ball like previous BBs...that would solve any touching complain (it's actually crazy not to include it).
    -A Surepress OPTION. If you have a potential great option (Surepress) but it doesn't satisfy everybody (or for every app), WHY not make it optional (so that you can turn it on Tap+Click, or OFF Tap=Click).
    -THE SERVICES AND FEES. You pay alot for a phone with a bunch of features. Then you pay the data connection. AN THEN VZW comes and tell you that, ALTHOUGH you payed more for the phone because of the features, GPS is indeed locked to VZnavig so you have to pay more (not with the Storm and BBmaps it seems) and then if you want to use the internet connection THAT you pay on your laptop setting your phone as a modem (another feature) YOU ALSO HAVE TO PAY more. It seems to me that this is a "legal" robbery.

And I have two questions for the experts:
    -Netflix to go in the storm?
    -Is it required to compress/transform videos? Can it play straight full size formats (AVI, MPEG...)?
    12-16-08 08:22 PM
    As for WIFI - It won't happen, not for a while at least. Verizon has that pretty locked down. Surprised Omnia got by with it. I speculate Verizon anticipated lower sales with the Omnia so allowed WIFI
    12-16-08 08:32 PM
    WIFI - If the customers want it and say it loud enough they will have to put it in.
    12-16-08 08:43 PM
    As for WIFI - It won't happen, not for a while at least. Verizon has that pretty locked down. Surprised Omnia got by with it. I speculate Verizon anticipated lower sales with the Omnia so allowed WIFI
    And the Touch Pro? And Saga? And every data device aside from Storm since 11/14 or whatever day they started requiring data plans? I think perhaps your speculation could be a bit off.
    12-16-08 08:47 PM
    In any case, if you have a mandatory data plan that you have to pay with VZW in any smartphone, what do they care if you use WIFI on top of that?
    12-16-08 08:48 PM
    How about we ask them to give us a phone that is suppose handle the basic function it was designed to do. I would like to see this before we start asking for enhancements .

Don't get me wrong, so far I haven't had nearly the issues others have had, but some of the basics are missing or not 100% operational.

But I wait patiently fit the next
    OS update.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-08 08:49 PM
    In any case, if you have a mandatory data plan that you have to pay with VZW in any smartphone, what do they care if you use WIFI on top of that?
    Exactly...which leads me to believe with all the radios already in it that a wifi just wasn't time/profit feasible considering vzw isn't know for it's love of the service and they were (clearing) racing to get it out before Festivus season.
    12-16-08 09:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD