So I'm through wiping and rebuilding my phone. Been through one exchage due to getting water underneath the screen when putting my IS on. Feel comfortable with the OS and have gone through and tweaked all the options to my preferred setup. Setup all my e-mail, ect... So now that the "dust" has settled I've been reading more about the apps. I've downloaded flyCast and have been happy with it. I'm more than ready for the store to open now. What kind of things can we expect? Any ideas/clues on how it will be setup? Has anyone heard any rumors about what may be coming out? Really looking for simple games and enthusiats stuff such as themes, tweaks, ect.
    01-13-09 11:07 AM
    I hope most of the apps are free and easy to use much like the iPhone. I hope it is setup like that. I hate to use the word iPhone because I think it's such a piece of crap compared to the Storm and I am on a Blackberry forum, so we need to to come up with another word or group of words to replace the word if that's what you can even call it iPhone. I think using Cingular's piece of crap would fit just fine as it's replacement.
    01-13-09 11:12 AM
    I think the iPhone is a great device. My g/f has one. Currently is putting my storm to shame as far as where there at right now. Lets try to keep this on track and keep the one-liner bashing to a minimum. Suttle hope for that I suppose round' here.
    01-13-09 11:34 AM
    We do not know much about the plans for the 'app storefront' (this is just it's tentative name) except for what was told at BBDC. We do know that the app center and app storefront will be one entity. They announced that it is has a target march 09 release date. The app center will be controlled by your service provider. The main application screen will provide you with a list of all applications that are available for install from the particular carrier for the specific device model and OS version (It will not display incompatible apps). When looking at an application it will give you a full description and the logo for the specific app. You will be able to access the Options> Advanced Options> Applications screen from within the App center. For the first build, all downloads will be controlled by the browser. The way revenue will be dispersed is that 80% of revenue going back to the developer and the other 20% will be going to Paypal and RIM for infrastructure and administration.

You can find out this and more by signing up for updates. They only sent me one update since November and it discussed what I mentioned here.

http://www.blackberry.com/storefrontinfo

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-09 04:20 PM
    We do know that the app center and app storefront will be one entity. They announced that it is has a target march 09 release date.
    target march 09 = actual august 09
    01-13-09 04:56 PM
    I hope it hits early summer 09. Good call mdude85
    01-13-09 07:32 PM
    You can expect a store... and apps... and that's really about all anyone will really know until it actually launches.
    01-13-09 07:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD