Heres the story.

I got the storm and had a few problems with it. I decided to call costumer (cs) service and see what they would say. They said they would send me out another one. And when I got it-it said "Thanks, here is your like new replacement. I called CS really angry and said why do I have a used one? They told me that it was past 30 days (which it was by four days) and then I yelled at them and they said that they would send me a NEW one because I said just because blackberry can't build a device that works does not mean I have to pay full price for a used phone.

Here's the important part

The verizon lady said since it has been a month, she will have to redo my contract by extending it so it will have to be reactivated and resigned for.

I'm sorry to say this, but I have changed my thoughts and I have begun to really hate this phone and I can't uses its buggy OS, stupid browser and 30 min battery. I want to return it even though the 30 days are up.
    But since the contract has been re-extended (or what ever) does that still mean I have the "30 days to test drive the network"?

Basically can I try and return it or am I screwed? I think I'm screwed but what do you guys think, do you think I can return it?
    Thanks!!!!
    02-01-09 03:51 PM
    I have had mine replaced after the 30 day mark. I was sent a new one. As far as the contract goes there should be no reason for them to have to revise it. I think the storm is to new to get a refurb.
    02-01-09 03:57 PM
    I have had mine replaced after the 30 day mark. I was sent a new one. As far as the contract goes there should be no reason for them to have to revise it. I think the storm is to new to get a refurb.
    They revised the contract because I forced them to send me a non-refurbished one after the 30 days

But could I refuse the shipment or something? Or will they just charge me a $1000? Because I still have my old Storm and the refeb Storm that I need to mail back as soon as I get the New storm
    Last edited by jcg; 02-01-09 at 04:05 PM.
    02-01-09 03:59 PM
    If you start a new contact, I believe a new 30 worry free guarantee kicks in. One time I wanted to keep a particular Spint line but port my number to Verizon. I was in month 9 of a 24 month contract. Sprint let me port out and assign a new number, but I had to sign a new contract. I called back a few days later to ask if I'd get an ETF if I canceled the line and I as told no, you have 30 days to cancel from contract start. I ended up transferfing the contract to a friend but Sprint created quite a "loophole" for me. Get new number==>sign new contract==>create new 30 day window to cancel with no ETF.

You're only 30 some days into your contract. Why not get a brand new Storm and see if a "new" contract is started with a new 30 cancel window? It's not like you're 6 months into the contract.
    02-01-09 04:11 PM
    If you start a new contact, I believe a new 30 worry free guarantee kicks in. One time I wanted to keep a particular Spint line but port my number to Verizon. I was in month 9 of a 24 month contract. Sprint let me port out and assign a new number, but I had to sign a new contract. I called back a few days later to ask if I'd get an ETF if I canceled the line and I as told no, you have 30 days to cancel from contract start. I ended up transferfing the contract to a friend but Sprint created quite a "loophole" for me. Get new number==>sign new contract==>create new 30 day window to cancel with no ETF.

You're only 30 some days into your contract. Why not get a brand new Storm and see if a "new" contract is started with a new 30 cancel window? It's not like you're 6 months into the contract.
    That is what I was trying to say, sorry, I can't explain things well. But do you think I would be able to cancel it? Is there anyway to tell if I have the choice or something? Thanks
    02-01-09 04:16 PM
    I'm not sure how VZW will handle it, but since you still have 22+ months on your contract, isn't it worth a shot? Even if you don't get a new 30 days to cancel, isn't it worth a brand new Storm. At least you could cancel service, pay the ETF, and sell the phone. Brand new will go for more than one used for 30+ days.
    02-01-09 05:01 PM
    No, it doesn't work like that. You are receiving a new storm after the initial 30 days and your contract has to be extended under verizon's multi Fru policy (which is what that rep did for you). You could try, but it shows in the notes on your account what's going on and it probably won't work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-09 05:06 PM
    No, it doesn't work like that. You are receiving a new storm after the initial 30 days and your contract has to be extended under verizon's multi Fru policy (which is what that rep did for you). You could try, but it shows in the notes on your account what's going on and it probably won't work.

Could you describe the "multi-fru" policy to me? I think it means field replacement unit or something. But if my contract was extended or whatever can't I still return it or cancel the contract? Can't I "test-drive the network"? Thanks
    Last edited by jcg; 02-01-09 at 05:34 PM.
    02-01-09 05:28 PM
    Yea, sorry buddy, your stuck with VZW (worse things are possible). If I were you I would hang on a little bit and wait for the Bold to come out with VZW. BB has a exchange policy where you can go to VZW and get a credit for your storm. If I were you I would call customer service daily to complain so when the new Bold comes out you can upgrade at little or no cost.

You may also want to consider the Curve, I'm sure they will give you one at no cost.
    02-01-09 05:43 PM
    Your Rights to Refuse or Cancel This Agreement
    THIS AGREEMENT STARTS WHEN YOU ACCEPT. Paragraphs marked "∞" continue after it ends. You accept when you do any of the following things after an opportunity to review this agreement:

Give us a written or electronic signature;
    Tell us orally or electronically that you accept;
    Activate your service through your wireless phone;
    Open a package that says you are accepting by opening it; or
    Use your service after making any change or addition when we've told you that the change or addition requires acceptance.
    IF YOU DON'T WANT TO ACCEPT, DON'T DO ANY OF THESE THINGS. You can cancel (if you're a new customer and not assuming another customer's service) WITHIN 30 DAYS of accepting. You'll still be responsible through that date for the new service and any charges associated with it.
    I read the agreement and it says (in the bold) if I use the phone after modifications then it means I agree. So should I just mail back the original storm, referb storm, and the new replacement storm and try it or should I call when I receive the new replacement storm? Thanks
    02-01-09 06:08 PM
    When you have a problem with a device and they have to send you replacements 3 times, you are eligible for a multi-fru. You are able to send back the device for either a new device of the same build, or a new and different phone at equal or lesser value (or, you can get a more expensive phone and be charged the difference).

The problem is that you are not signing or agreeing to a new contract. Your contract has just been extended, which you agreed to when the woman on the phone told you she had to do that to send you a new phone and you said "ok". Unfortunately, there isn't anything you can do. Send back the phone(s) that didn't work and keep the new one. From there on out, you'll have to try your luck with Frus.
    02-01-09 06:29 PM
    When you have a problem with a device and they have to send you replacements 3 times, you are eligible for a multi-fru. You are able to send back the device for either a new device of the same build, or a new and different phone at equal or lesser value (or, you can get a more expensive phone and be charged the difference).

The problem is that you are not signing or agreeing to a new contract. Your contract has just been extended, which you agreed to when the woman on the phone told you she had to do that to send you a new phone and you said "ok". Unfortunately, there isn't anything you can do. Send back the phone(s) that didn't work and keep the new one. From there on out, you'll have to try your luck with Frus.
    Do you work for Verizon, because you seen to know a lot? To tell you the truth, I hate the storm, I hate verizon and I hate everything!!! I want to get rid of this stupid phone and I think that she did not "explain" what was going on like in the agreement said. If you read the agreement it says if it is verbal (like you said) then it has to be fully explained. It's at the way bottom of the 3923 page agreement. I'm still going to try calling, and I will call everyday untill I get what I want! Thanks for you help everyone
    02-01-09 06:42 PM
    Only in America, I swear... Only in America do people think that because they pay maybe $100/mo, this entitles them to some kind of royal treatment. That a company like Verizon should look at them as something more than a bug splattered on the windshield.

You already had 30 days to decide to take the thing back, you didn't, so now you're stuck with it. You have only yourself to blame here. You can try selling it on ebay, and with any luck you'll make enough to cover the cost of the 2 year contract. Otherwise, see the above comment about you had 30 days, and it's your own d@mn fault if you didn't take it back if you were unhappy with it.
    02-01-09 06:47 PM
    Only in America, I swear... Only in America do people think that because they pay maybe $100/mo, this entitles them to some kind of royal treatment. That a company like Verizon should look at them as something more than a bug splattered on the windshield.

You already had 30 days to decide to take the thing back, you didn't, so now you're stuck with it. You have only yourself to blame here. You can try selling it on ebay, and with any luck you'll make enough to cover the cost of the 2 year contract. Otherwise, see the above comment about you had 30 days, and it's your own d@mn fault if you didn't take it back if you were unhappy with it.
    I'm not expecting "royal treatment"! I am expecting after paying $300 and the $100 a month, to get something that actually works!. I payed money for this peice of junk. And I tried to return it but the guy at the Verizon store said, "Oh no, you'll love it. You just got a bad one" and he gave me a new one. Oh and, I have a one year contract, yes!

I don't think after paying $300 and $100 a month entitles me to "royal treatment" BUT I THINK IT ENTITLES ME TO SOMETHING THAT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( i know i repeated that, I just wanted to add emphasis)
    02-01-09 07:00 PM
    I'm not expecting "royal treatment"! I am expecting after paying $300 and the $100 a month, to get something that actually works!. I payed money for this peice of junk. And I tried to return it but the guy at the Verizon store said, "Oh no, you'll love it. You just got a bad one" and he gave me a new one. Oh and, I have a one year contract, yes!

I don't think after paying $300 and $100 a month entitles me to "royal treatment" BUT I THINK IT ENTITLES ME TO SOMETHING THAT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( i know i repeated that, I just wanted to add emphasis)
    The problem is that you had 30 days to return the device. You waited 34 days, and they issued you a brand new one when you probably could have said "you know, can you send me a Curve instead?" and they would have even though they didn't have to give you squat. Sorry, but this is no one's fault but your own.
    02-01-09 07:13 PM
    The problem is that you had 30 days to return the device. You waited 34 days, and they issued you a brand new one when you probably could have said "you know, can you send me a Curve instead?" and they would have even though they didn't have to give you squat. Sorry, but this is no one's fault but your own.
    It is not my fault that blackberry can't build something that works!
    I will not give up. I understand that it is past thirty days but I'm still unhappy.

02-01-09 07:23 PM
    sorry man, your stuck with it.

your only option is this:

pay $175 ETF and get a new service/phone.

past 30 days you cant return/exchange the phone period. doesnt matter if you extend your contract, the original 30 days is the original 30 days, period. no way around it.

my friend has been trying to do what your doing and had to give up. after having the storm and 2 replacements in 30 days, at 37 days, he decided he wanted a different phone. he fought for 30 days and all they would offer him was a replacement phone. period. he gave up after 30 days of fighting. as i suggest you do.

you had 30 days, you blew it. period.

and if your expecting to get something that the rest of us dont get, that is royal treatment.
    02-01-09 07:36 PM
    No its not royal treatment!!!!!!!!!! If I called and got them to return it(which will never happen) then other people could do the same. Fine, I. Accept the fact that I'm stuck with crap but still I'm not getting royal treatment!!!!!

02-01-09 07:43 PM
    I will not give up. I understand that it is past thirty days but I'm still unhappy.

Ok, read the following very slowly so you might understand.

While you may believe RIM did not build a device to your standards, you had 30--count em--30 days to return the device. You waited 4 extra days before contacting Verizon. You could have exchanged it for a device that would suit your standards within those first 30 days. You did not. So, it doesn't matter how unhappy you are. You chose not to return the device, and so you have no grounds on which to receive anything further from Verizon Wireless.

Remember to read that slow now.
    02-01-09 07:48 PM
    Ok, read the following very slowly so you might understand.

While you may believe RIM did not build a device to your standards, you had 30--count em--30 days to return the device. You waited 4 extra days before contacting Verizon. You could have exchanged it for a device that would suit your standards within those first 30 days. You did not. So, it doesn't matter how unhappy you are. You chose not to return the device, and so you have no grounds on which to receive anything further from Verizon Wireless.

Remember to read that slow now.
    You better read this slow too!!! I understand that I'm past the 30 days to do anything. But I will try and see where I get. Thanks

Did you remember to read that slow?????
    02-01-09 08:01 PM
    No its not royal treatment!!!!!!!!!! If I called and got them to return it(which will never happen) then other people could do the same. Fine, I. Accept the fact that I'm stuck with crap but still I'm not getting royal treatment!!!!!

ok acceptance is the first step....

i wasnt saying you were getting royal treatment, but that you wanted royal treatment.... no worries, i was kidding about the royal treatment part, i forgot the "lol" on the royal treatment part.

what you are looking for is an exception to the agreement for "customer satisfaction"

but unforunately, you wont get it. when you call them and say its such a piece of junk, its so bad, i just want what i paid for and i am not getting that, they will simply say "and thats why we gave you 30 days" unfortunately the up hill battle is not winable if you take my friend's experience.
    02-01-09 08:39 PM
    I'd cut the curt tone if you're asking for help here.

Like everyone else is indicating, you had 30 days to act. Why you chose to wait 34 is beyond all of us.

At this point, the only thing you can do is go beg Verizon and see if they'll let you out of the whole thing. My bet? In this economy, you don't stand a chance. Sorry.
    02-01-09 11:33 PM
    They build many a phones that work great. Mine does.

02-02-09 12:09 AM
    i had my storm from day 1(nov,21). Been through os .65-.99 now,and all in between. This a great phone. I knew it was in the 1st fifteen days i had it. So you had it for over month now and you don't like it. Upgrade your os, learn to love it because you waited to long and your s.o.l. Not being mean,just telling the truth.
    02-02-09 12:32 AM
    Your best and honest bet is to get someone to take over your contract. Its an AOL (assumption of liability). Then start over with a different device.

02-02-09 12:43 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD