Do you just hit Clear History under Cache Operations?! Does it matter if i clear Content, Pushed, and Cookie?!?! Anybody know?!
    01-22-09 02:12 PM
    You can clear them all, but it won't make much difference in your free memory unless you have a whole lot of cache.

Clearing content will delete your cached copies of websites, meaning the next time you visit that site, the browser will completely reload the page

Clearing your cookies will for the most part get rid of your login information for sites you visit meaning your userid/password information will be deleted and the next time you visit a site like crackberry, you will have to re-login.

I never have pushed content, so I can't comment there.

Unless you never ever do it, I don't think makes much difference in terms of freeing up memory, I clear my cache about once a week and it is usually around 800KB for Content Cache, 40KB for Pushed Content and maybe 200 cookies.
    Last edited by armedtank; 01-22-09 at 02:47 PM.
    01-22-09 02:44 PM
    thanks for putting that in perspective...
    01-22-09 04:00 PM
    I am also trying to figure out the pushed content...what is pushed content?? It comes up and asks "are you sure you want to clear your pushed content" Almost as if you should not do it??? Any help would be great!
    02-18-09 06:07 PM
    I am also trying to figure out the pushed content...what is pushed content?? It comes up and asks "are you sure you want to clear your pushed content" Almost as if you should not do it??? Any help would be great!
    I'd like some info on this too
    04-05-09 01:12 AM
    It always asks that to confirm the action. Don't worry about it. Pushed content just means browser related content that has been pushed from the BES or BIS servers. If you weren't supposed to delete it, trust me, they'd make it much harder to delete.
    04-05-09 03:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD