02-27-09 12:42 AM
46 12
tools
    are you absolutley sure? how do you know its .112?
    02-25-09 08:47 PM
    The new builds are pretty frakn good.
    We wouldn't know! But .109 ain't bad.
    02-25-09 08:49 PM
    i upgraded from .75 to .103. everything works good with no problems.
    02-25-09 09:00 PM
    New Copy/Paste/Edit Function For Storm

With the release of OS 4.7.0.112, a new selection tool will be introduced to the BlackBerry Storm. The feature is a much needed improvement to the standard cursor of previous OS builds, but is still not enough to make the Touch-Click-Screen haters change their minds. There are certainly other things about the touch screen mechanics we would have liked to see improved before this, but we’ll take whatever we can get. Check out the video here along with an additional screenshot of the OS 4.7.0.112 “About” screen.

If you ask us, upgrading the copy/paste functionality seems like a slap in the face to the owners of that other touch screen device, who wish they had native copy/paste capability at all.

The new editing process takes a pretty simple path. The user places his finger to the spot requiring the edit and the rectangular gray box appears which scrolls with your finger to target the exact spot needing the edit. Selecting multiple text to copy or replace is similar to previously–just easier. See more in the video below.
    02-25-09 09:50 PM
    This phone is truly going in the right path. .109 was a big jump in stability of all apps and speed combination. I'm so glad that I was patient.....wow very exciting you guys. Apple better keep evolving and look in their rearview mirror. Seriously, 1st generation Storm and .109 is exciting for me. What's the next generation going to be like? ****....whats next week going to be like?
    02-25-09 10:07 PM
    My bad didn't know H-E-L-L was a no-no.
    02-25-09 10:09 PM
    Hey, what if eventually the onside part of the rectangle will work as a magnifying glass? If you look close how even in 109 you'll notice that when you move the cursor around, the letter it overlaps goes bold. This new rectangle could be the magnifying lens border and eventually the code will be finished to .magnify the center. That would be cool.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 12:04 AM
    Hey, what if eventually the onside part of the rectangle will work as a magnifying glass? If you look close how even in 109 you'll notice that when you move the cursor around, the letter it overlaps goes bold. This new rectangle could be the magnifying lens border and eventually the code will be finished to .magnify the center. That would be cool.

You mean like the iphone? yeah that would be cool!
    02-26-09 12:37 AM
    Yeah, kinda/sorta.

02-26-09 12:54 AM
    If you don't want to wait for new copy and paste, try this tip. It an email, use two fingers to enable the copy function. Then hold one finger on the screen until you get the white box. You can then slide the selection with precision.
    Last edited by b121; 02-27-09 at 10:23 AM.
    02-26-09 01:23 AM
    how about just a brand new os
    02-26-09 01:33 AM

Bingo!!
    02-26-09 07:26 AM
    New Copy/Paste/Edit Function For Storm

With the release of OS 4.7.0.112, a new selection tool will be introduced to the BlackBerry Storm. The feature is a much needed improvement to the standard cursor of previous OS builds, but is still not enough to make the Touch-Click-Screen haters change their minds. There are certainly other things about the touch screen mechanics we would have liked to see improved before this, but we’ll take whatever we can get. Check out the video here along with an additional screenshot of the OS 4.7.0.112 “About” screen.

If you ask us, upgrading the copy/paste functionality seems like a slap in the face to the owners of that other touch screen device, who wish they had native copy/paste capability at all.

The new editing process takes a pretty simple path. The user places his finger to the spot requiring the edit and the rectangular gray box appears which scrolls with your finger to target the exact spot needing the edit. Selecting multiple text to copy or replace is similar to previously–just easier. See more in the video below.
    With the release? With the release to whom? Beta testers?
    02-26-09 08:29 AM
    With the release? With the release to whom? Beta testers?
    To the partners..
    02-26-09 08:30 AM
    First CX, now Radio...throwing out these little peeks at what is coming down the road. Man, it's getting awfully hard waiting!!!
    02-26-09 09:30 AM
    Agreed. I'd like my color depth back before they dive into these little things. I think I paid for 65k color capability, not 32k (and yes, that means all aspects of the device, not just multimedia and then short the colors on the interface).
    I've gone over this in other threads, but i'll say it again:

The reduction in color depth is the WHOLE REASON the UI is running alot smoother now. To give the color depth back at this point would take away performance. I think we'll see the UI color depth bumped back up when OpenGL ES support is included in the OS. The hardware is capable, but not being taken advantage of. The Storms UI is complex enough to require hardware acceleration to run at full color depth. Think of a Windows PC running the Standard VGA driver - everything is laggy as **** because the CPU is handling all of the graphics........ Same situation with the Storm.
    02-26-09 09:49 AM
    Man they flew through the .12X builds!!!

They must have been crap!

Oh and as for the color depth issue, I watched a few movies on the storm on .109 and have seen NO issue and if it means giving up speed, I am NOT willing to do it. I think we should be given the choice. Like in Windows. If you want speed, choose this...If you want slow pretty Icons, choose this..
    02-26-09 10:38 AM
    The new builds are pretty frakn good.
    LOL...That makes me think of a 5 year old kid with an ice cream cone saying "Na-na-nee-boo-boo....I got some IIIIIIICEECREAM!!" Love ya CX!
    02-26-09 10:58 AM

I agree....that would be quite useful instead of always having to zoom in and zoom out. Dont know about you but my eyes could use some magnification!
    02-26-09 11:09 AM
    I think that new selection tool looks cool. And who knows, maybe they have gotten past some more reliability issues by that build. The Beta testers are always playing with builds 2 or 3 ahead of what is being leaked. Have faith everybody and think positive!
    02-27-09 12:14 AM
    I don see what's so cool about it honestly I'm ok w it the way it is I have no problems with it the only difference is he's doin it w one finger instead of two

02-27-09 12:42 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD