In case you haven't seen it, Kevin posted a video of the new cut/copy/paste for the storm. Anyone have a clue as how far in the future that is?
    02-25-09 03:14 PM
    Do ya have a link to this video?
    02-25-09 03:18 PM
    Nope. But it looks cool and seeing all the hard work going into the new OS makes waiting on the 'gold code' worth the wait.
    02-25-09 03:19 PM
    Front page

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 03:20 PM
    Seems cumbersome. Like they didn't do anything but add the big graphic rectangle to show that you're in select mode. I'm perfectly ok with the way it is now... have no issues with it.
    02-25-09 03:21 PM
    Seems cumbersome. Like they didn't do anything but add the big graphic rectangle to show that you're in select mode. I'm perfectly ok with the way it is now... have no issues with it.
    x2

Of all the things I'd like to see improved, copy/paste is pretty far down on the list.
    02-25-09 03:25 PM
    x2

Of all the things I'd like to see improved, copy/paste is pretty far down on the list.
    I agree they have far more important issues to worry about first IMHO!
    02-25-09 03:27 PM
    The new builds are pretty frakn good.
    02-25-09 03:28 PM
    x2

Agreed. I'd like my color depth back before they dive into these little things. I think I paid for 65k color capability, not 32k (and yes, that means all aspects of the device, not just multimedia and then short the colors on the interface).
    02-25-09 03:28 PM
    You take pleasure in doing that to us don't you. At least a small part of you is taking great joy in stringin us along. In a good way of course.
    02-25-09 03:31 PM
    You take pleasure in doing that to us don't you. At least a small part of you is taking great joy in stringin us along. In a good way of course.
    The best things come to those who wait! I'm sure this new tool is old news to some on here. My prediction: we'll see it via a leaked OS in under 14 days.
    02-25-09 03:38 PM
    not to be a nay sayer, but I am not sure why this is cool. Seems exactly the same but with a useless blue box....
    02-25-09 03:46 PM
    not to be a nay sayer, but I am not sure why this is cool. Seems exactly the same but with a useless blue box....
    I take it back, it is a little different. Was funny to me that even the guy doing the demo fumbled around a bit
    02-25-09 03:48 PM
    I would rather see BBMenu items added which provided functionality like the old Wordstar word processor. Put the cursor where you want it, BBMenu -> Begin Selection, drag your selection, then BBMenu -> End Selection. Then add Copy to Clipboard and Paste Clipboard options.

While having touchscreen functionality for copy/cut/paste is nice. In reality the screensize is too small for precision copy/cut/paste efficiently on the touchscreen alone.
    Last edited by rmjones101; 02-25-09 at 04:02 PM.
    02-25-09 03:59 PM
    Speaking of builds, I am very much a newbie and I was wondering if it was worth it to download 109 or should I wait. I am currently running 75. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    02-25-09 04:01 PM
    CX, is the color issue resolved in later builds?

Sorry, off topic
    Last edited by marcuswyse; 02-25-09 at 04:06 PM.
    02-25-09 04:02 PM
    The best things come to those who wait!
    Unless you die waiting.
    02-25-09 04:17 PM
    CX loves to torture us!
    02-25-09 04:22 PM
    You would think he could throw us a bone once in a while!!!!!
    02-25-09 04:24 PM
    if he could I'm sure he would
    02-25-09 04:45 PM
    It is build .112

02-25-09 04:57 PM
    I would rather see BBMenu items added which provided functionality like the old Wordstar word processor. Put the cursor where you want it, BBMenu -> Begin Selection, drag your selection, then BBMenu -> End Selection. Then add Copy to Clipboard and Paste Clipboard options.

While having touchscreen functionality for copy/cut/paste is nice. In reality the screensize is too small for precision copy/cut/paste efficiently on the touchscreen alone.
    What would be nice is to have a popup 5-way button (with start/end selections, cut/copy/paste commands) in place of a keyboard when you want to navigate a screen. the buttons can be used for fast page scrolling on web pages or other long documents. If you can easily switch from keyboard to navigate then you get the best of both worlds.
    02-25-09 05:40 PM
    Speaking of builds, I am very much a newbie and I was wondering if it was worth it to download 109 or should I wait. I am currently running 75. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Yes, its worth it. It is a MUCH better device from .75 to .109. My friend has .75 because he is lazy and just won't do the update no matter what and I have .109. My phone runs circles around his.
    In other news... Why must you do this to us CX. I just want to know what they have in store for us. haha
    02-25-09 06:33 PM
    The new selection tool is a HUGE improvement, very pleased to see it and can't wait to get it.. I currently find it impossible (or laughably difficult) to move the cursor within text.. this is a very acceptable alternative to the (probably patented) iPhone cursor bubble IMO.
    02-25-09 07:34 PM
    Ah, its good to see CX still around here
    Wait to tease me!
    I want an update so bad!
    02-25-09 07:39 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD