I just ordered the Plantronics 925 from the Crackberry online store (plug) hoping to finally come away with a stylish yet decent working bluetooth. Did a lot of research coming to the conclusion that this is what I want: Good call quality, fits ear well, sleek, effecient talk time, & portable charger.

A few minutes ago, I check the Bluetooth forum and someone just started a thread talking about this same device. They say they use it with a Storm and the first two times it worked smoothly. The next time they went to use it, it disconnected and never connected again!!

This scares me. Now I'm wondering if I bought the wrong Bluetooth for me. The thing even says Plantronics Discovery 925 for Blackberry Storm. Well, if it doesn't work with it how's it for the BB Storm?

Its not here yet and I know I'll just have to test it out myself...there's always the 30 day warranty...but I was wondering...

What bluetooth do you use for your Storm and how's that working out for you now?
    02-02-09 09:59 PM
    FWIW....Jawbone II
    02-02-09 10:04 PM
    02-02-09 10:08 PM
    My ladys from her decoy... Supports music and is pretty clean...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-09 10:13 PM
    520 Plantronics.

Flawless (even with multiple pairing) - never had an issue with the storm.
    02-02-09 10:42 PM
    Jawbone II. Excellent pairing. Some issues tho when I try to activate voice dial with the Jawbone. But the quality itself is excellent, so I don't mind. I just use voice dial on the phone since it's always next to me anyway. Hopefully future updates will correct this issue.
    02-03-09 01:11 AM
    I just got a new car with built in Bluetooth so I'm using that (Acura TSX). I also have a BlueAnt Z9 for the times I'm not in my car.
    02-03-09 01:15 AM
    Motorola H500
    02-03-09 01:20 AM
    I have the jawbone II I love it. Sounds great and people have no problem hearing me

02-03-09 01:51 AM
    I was one of the first people to register an original jawbone, so Aliph sent me a JII prerelease. I tried it, put it on my shelf and went back to the original.
    Since we don't sell the original any more, I'm not allowed to wear it at work, so I got them to give me a 925. It's small, light, comfortable, excellent audio on both ends. I sell a lot of them, and I refuse to sell the II because of the extraordinarily high rate of return. Aliph has even started giving away new earbuds that don't require the loop so it will sit on your face properly.
    02-03-09 02:02 AM
    blueant V1 and no issues here
    02-03-09 06:41 AM
    Jabra BT8040
    02-03-09 07:11 AM
    I just ordered the Plantronics 925 from the Crackberry online store (plug) hoping to finally come away with a stylish yet decent working bluetooth. Did a lot of research coming to the conclusion that this is what I want: Good call quality, fits ear well, sleek, effecient talk time, & portable charger.

A few minutes ago, I check the Bluetooth forum and someone just started a thread talking about this same device. They say they use it with a Storm and the first two times it worked smoothly. The next time they went to use it, it disconnected and never connected again!!

This scares me. Now I'm wondering if I bought the wrong Bluetooth for me. The thing even says Plantronics Discovery 925 for Blackberry Storm. Well, if it doesn't work with it how's it for the BB Storm?

Its not here yet and I know I'll just have to test it out myself...there's always the 30 day warranty...but I was wondering...

What bluetooth do you use for your Storm and how's that working out for you now?
    I have the 925 and love it. I use it regularly... no problem with pairing and a very comfortable fit!
    02-03-09 07:19 AM
    925...pretty decent...i generally don't like things in my ear but this one is actually comfortable...i have problems w/ voice dialing but it is not a deal breaker...let me know how vd works for you op...also i'm trying to find an extender for the battery pack so i can maybe give my storm a little juice on the go if necessary...all around good BT imo + i didn't have to buy extra cables for the storm b/c they are the same for both devices
    02-03-09 07:20 AM
    925 works great for me. I had it since December.
    02-03-09 07:23 AM
    Jabra speaker phone, love it, fits right on my visor. No need for me to walk around with a bluetooth on.
    02-03-09 07:39 AM
    Jawbone II. Loving it, great call quality ie. conversations don't have to stop for surrounding noise. Fits comfortably which was important to me. As stated previously have trouble with voice dial but not a big issue for me.
    02-03-09 07:47 AM
    520 Plantronics.

Flawless (even with multiple pairing) - never had an issue with the storm.
    ditto!7890
    02-03-09 09:09 AM
    Invisio G5...

LOVE it... Best one I've had so far, and I've had about all of em, lol...
    02-03-09 09:19 AM
    Plantronics 510 . Great venerable headset. I've tried so many others after it, but always come back to this one. Very loud, has a mute button. I love it.
    02-03-09 09:20 AM
    Just got the Jabra BT8040 yesterday. Pairs with the phone easily and music sounds fantastic. I then paired it up to my macbook and the music sounded very poor. Driver issue maybe? Don't need those wired headphones for my Storm now!
    02-03-09 09:22 AM
    Plantronics 510 . Great venerable headset. I've tried so many others after it, but always come back to this one. Very loud, has a mute button. I love it.
    My gf has this... what do you press for the mute?
    02-03-09 09:36 AM
    My gf has this... what do you press for the mute?
    The "Power" button. Hold to power on/off. Once it's on, just tap it to engage mute, tap again to un-mute.
    02-03-09 09:55 AM
    I have the 925 and love it. I use it regularly... no problem with pairing and a very comfortable fit!
    You just made my day

02-03-09 03:20 PM

I have the exact same headset (925) and it works great. Haven't had any problem connecting or staying connected.
    02-03-09 03:34 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD