I got 6. Phone, messages, bb messenger, browser, app center, and home.....Is this correct?
    04-10-09 11:00 AM
    How do you check this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-09 11:03 AM
    Looks right, I have the same plus 1. BBLight is always running on mine as well.
    04-10-09 11:04 AM
    hold down the blackberry button and the screen pops up
    04-10-09 11:04 AM
    How do you check this?

Hold your BB Key, a strip of active applications will pop up.
    04-10-09 11:05 AM
    You can get rid of app center by running it and clicking the BB button, then uncheck "Auto Refresh List". Reboot the phone for settings to change.

You are still able to manually check for updates in app center as often as you like....it just won't be doing it automatically.
    04-10-09 11:21 AM
    showtime, i tried that and it didnt work???? Does app center take up alot of space or slow phone in any way?
    04-10-09 11:32 AM
    Not sure how much memory it uses (if any). I just didn't want it running in the background all the time. I have the main 5 apps running and I'm at 32.6MB with no modifications to .75 OS.

Just make sure you unchecked auto refresh, and make sure to restart the phone. It worked for me.
    04-10-09 11:56 AM
    Not sure how much memory it uses (if any). I just didn't want it running in the background all the time. I have the main 5 apps running and I'm at 32.6MB with no modifications to .75 OS.

Just make sure you unchecked auto refresh, and make sure to restart the phone. It worked for me.
    Typically I have a little more memory than that running the same 5 apps. Usually a little more than 40MB. Maybe theme related >shrug<

Anyway, I only check for new apps once a week or so, so I too have it set to not automatically check for updates, but also not sure how much memory it takes up when running.

04-10-09 01:12 PM
    Usually just 4...phone, messages, home and browser

04-10-09 01:13 PM
    Usually just 4...phone, messages, home and browser

+1

04-10-09 01:16 PM
    App center you can probably get closed ... but yeah those are the default ones.
    04-10-09 01:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD