Is there any way to see exactly what apps are running right now?? I know that if you don't exit out properly some apps stay running in the background. Is there a task manager or some tool I can install to see this??
    01-18-09 12:32 AM
    Hold down BB key.
    01-18-09 12:33 AM
    Make sure you are in home screen and hold down BB key. Browser, messages, phone, and home screen will run at all times. If you have Talklok it will run constantly too!
    01-18-09 12:36 AM
    there is some sort of app that shows you everything thats running but it doesn't close everything. pointless IMO.
    01-18-09 12:37 AM
    Make sure you are in home screen and hold down BB key. Browser, messages, phone, and home screen will run at all times. If you have Talklok it will run constantly too!
    yea talklok sucks i use stormlock its much better
    01-18-09 12:38 AM
    yea talklok sucks i use stormlock its much better
    ???? I guess I missed that one I will try to find it in 3rd party apps! Thanks for the info i was thinking of not installing a lock on my replacement!
    01-18-09 12:39 AM
    i dont think its on the app list. i didnt see it. try StormLock - Lock Touch Screen While On Calls With Your BlackBerry Storm | Zaventh Ventures. works great and doesnt run in the back. its only $1.95 and it activates as soon as you dial.
    01-18-09 12:41 AM
    ok i take that back its $2.95 now. weird b/c i paid $1.95 last week.
    01-18-09 12:42 AM
    Supply and demand!!!

Cool I found it before and started reading about it good I idea and what a money maker for then! Lol! I never understood why Talklok was running constantly!!

Sorry OP thread hijacked!
    01-18-09 12:51 AM
    Thanks....I've got BBM running also and I have tried going into it and closing out and it still runs.
    01-18-09 01:00 AM
    Thanks....I've got BBM running also and I have tried going into it and closing out and it still runs.
    Yea I forgot about that one cause I do not use it! I am not a messaging type of person!
    01-18-09 01:26 AM
    I don't use it that often either, but I guess RIM thinks it should always be running!!!
    01-18-09 01:28 AM
    Don't quote me on this, but I think that I deleted BB messenger!!! I just searched for it and it is gone from my apps list (in option> advanced>applications)! Try and delete it from your Storm if you do not use it!
    01-18-09 01:33 AM
    Don't quote me on this, but I think that I deleted BB messenger!!! I just searched for it and it is gone from my apps list (in option> advanced>applications)! Try and delete it from your Storm if you do not use it!

I use it once in a while.....gotta keep it for now. Thanks for the thoughts.
    01-18-09 01:36 AM

You can actually do that from any screen you are on. Its a good way of showing apps that are running, and also switching between them. so if your in browser and need to get to BBM you can hold that down and just switch over real quick.
    01-18-09 07:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD