05-17-09 01:08 PM
51 123
tools
    Ok another update.

For some reason trying to update the software onto my empty phone from DM wouldn't work. But using the "launch loader.exe" button on Shrink A OS seemed to do the trick.

Looks like I have the right files now. Based on info from lyric's page
    Platform/OS once installed: Platform .162 and OS version .141, but 5.0 is definitely there.
    To check this: Go to Options > Advanced > Applications > BB Button > Modules. Scroll through and you should see files with 5.0.0.93 beside them.
    (If you get just the Java, it will show .141 with whatever platform you are installing it over. This is why some are getting .141 with a different platform than 162 on your phone)
    it looks like I indeed have some 5.0.0.93 files.

So far so good.

Now when it comes to restoring my phone from my backups. Two things are now occurring.

1) It's taking a **** of a long time to restore. Is that normal? Progress bar looks like its stopped about a 1/4 of the way through. But the icon down in the task bar is blinking on and off with "working - DM" upon mouseover. Do I just need to show a lil more patience? Or a lot more?

2) When I try to restore my 3rd party apps from this guide here http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...-4-7-a-125449/ I click browse to go to the folder where I saved the file, but then it wants to also downgrade my OS which I've just spent most of the day trying to figure out how to upgrade to a hybrid. And I can't disable the option to only include the 3rd party apps. And I most definitely made sure from the guide that "only 3rd party apps" option was checked.

Any ideas please folks?

<edit> #1 is now okay. Was just patience on my part.
    Last edited by ozikiwi; 05-17-09 at 01:17 PM.
    05-17-09 01:08 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD