Sort of a stupid question but.....

Every time I pick up another brand of phone, it just doesn't do it for me. I'm definitely not a closed minded "hater". I respect all the things competitors do well. I text and email quite a bit, but no where near a lot of you people. I rarely use BBM as I have few friends with BB's.

I use the internet, but I save my heavy surfing for my PC.

I know I really like the "PC-ishness" that the BB Button offers. I like, for example with a picture, anything you want to do with it is found by pressing the BB Button. But that's hardly a reason to say, "this is the phone for me".

I've been using smartphones/Blackberries for 2 yrs.

So, why do I love 'em so much. When people ask me, I don't even know how to answer the question. Maybe it's just because it was my first smartphone brand, and I'm sentimental.

For the folks that don't NEED the email capabilities and BBM, why do you prefer a BB over other phones?
    05-07-10 07:06 PM
    Just swapped to BB again (Storm 9520) from a HTC Touch HD only becuase the blackberry connect software I installed to the HTC (so I could access the corporate BES) couldn't handle email attachments well enough for me.

IMHO the BB operating system is not as nice to use as the Windows Mobile software I have on the HTC (with SPB Mobile shell over the top) but it does handle email attachments MUCH better.

To bad my employer only allows BB devices to access the email service ;(
    05-07-10 07:12 PM
    I've also been a BB user for two years now . First phone was a Storm 1 and just upgraded to Storm 2 Tuesday. While I do love BB, I was messing with an Incredible over my lunch hour and may have to swap the Storm 2 and stray away. Incredible is the first and only phone that has caught my eye since having my BB. It's amazing to have seen what I've been missing out on. I have little faith in OS 6, so I may stray away temporarily until I see the Storm 3. So to answer your question, I think it may be tunnel vision, for me anyway.
    Because mine can transform into an Autobot and assist in the fight against the Deceptacons

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Haha!

Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer, right?
    05-07-10 07:19 PM
    Haha!

Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer, right?
    Actually I thought it was a very good answer, it provided a great sense of humor to the question and at the same time was very witty.
    05-07-10 07:54 PM
    Actually I thought it was a very good answer, it provided a great sense of humor to the question and at the same time was very witty.
    I thought I might be taken the wrong way!!

I enjoyed the response, don't get me wrong.
    05-07-10 08:26 PM
    Long time Berry user here. Ive tried a few other devices-Palm, Nokia, HTC. Nothing in my opinion beats a Berry for ease of operation, especially the full keyboard models. I email/text a lot, and we all know RIM devices are the best made for this. True the OS has been around for a while, and it's true the browser is lacking, but I anticipate the new OS 6 will address and even surpass all expectations. I started with the 7100, 8700, 8100, 8300, 8900, 9000 and now Im on the 9700, which I consider the absolute best berry ever produced, and one of the top three devices in the world.
    05-07-10 08:42 PM
    it has the look and functionality of a big boys work toy... it doesnt look like a video game,and all the great features that come with owning a BB are feaures that kids dont care about or understand. I look at it as a separation between the men and the boys.

But at the end of the day, e-mail, BBM, dual GSM/CDMA radios, and security are the big 4 for me that really count!
    05-07-10 09:06 PM
    it has the look and functionality of a big boys work toy... it doesnt look like a video game,and all the great features that come with owning a BB are feaures that kids dont care about or understand. I look at it as a separation between the men and the boys.

But at the end of the day, e-mail, BBM, dual GSM/CDMA radios, and security are the big 4 for me that really count!
    Ha......That's it!!!
    05-07-10 09:38 PM
    Rican said it best.
    05-07-10 09:45 PM

Amen brother!
    05-08-10 01:31 AM
    The things that I deem important in a smartphone, BlackBerry does best. Battery life, email/messaging, keyboard, calendar, phone calls are things that I depend on. BB is the best in business with these. Therefore I have a BlackBerry smartphone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-10 01:32 AM
    I think there are many great devices out there, but when you combine a BB device with the OS (I know many have complained about the OS) the total package just works.

I had a Samsung BlackJack II and loved the phone, but just could not stand Windows Mobile. Had a Treo, liked the old OS but the phone was difficult to get along with. Have not tried Android devices or iPhone, but at this point doubt they would change my feeling about the total BlackBerry package and experience.

Will I like OS 6.0 when available or any next generation BB devices, who knows but for now I am very statisfied with the BlackBerry experience.
    05-08-10 06:24 AM
    I've coveted BB's from afar for years and just settled for my good ole' Palm TX. Then my daughter gifted me her old BB Pearl a year ago and the rest is history! Went from there to the 8900, 9350, now 9550. Never looked back! I've played around with my kids' 'toy' phones. They are great for the kids, but for carrying my office in a phone, there is nothing better than a BB! For me, it's not about flashy and speed, but rather, reliability, and functionality.
    05-08-10 11:03 AM
    I've coveted BB's from afar for years and just settled for my good ole' Palm TX. Then my daughter gifted me her old BB Pearl a year ago and the rest is history! Went from there to the 8900, 9350, now 9550. Never looked back! I've played around with my kids' 'toy' phones. They are great for the kids, but for carrying my office in a phone, there is nothing better than a BB! For me, it's not about flashy and speed, but rather, reliability, and functionality.

I'm pretty new to BB so this might be a dumb question...but if T-mobile is your carrier how do you use a storm2 on it??

I thought the s2 was only CDMA.
    05-08-10 12:32 PM
    I'm pretty new to BB so this might be a dumb question...but if T-mobile is your carrier how do you use a storm2 on it??

I thought the s2 was only CDMA.
    S2 is a world phone, so it runs on GSM too. So people unlock them and can use them pretty much anywhere.
    05-08-10 01:02 PM
    Thanks, I learn something new all the time on crackberry. But then why is the storm2 exclusive to Verizon? Seems like many more s2's could be sold if they opened it to all the carriers.
    05-08-10 01:10 PM
    People are always rumoring that it will pop up elsewhere, but hasn't as of yet. It is currently very wide spread, carrier-wise though, as tons of people have unlocked S2's.

Exclusivity with Verizon maybe, I don't know. You could say that about any phone though, right?
    05-08-10 04:12 PM
    I bought the iphone a couple years back when the 3G first came out. I always feel kinda gay using it. Don't like to be seen using it in public.

The Storm just feels right.
    05-08-10 04:33 PM
    S2 is a world phone, so it runs on GSM too. So people unlock them and can use them pretty much anywhere.
    Yeah, I bought a VZW branded Storm2 and am currently using it on the Rogers network.
    05-08-10 04:34 PM
    Besides....Jake iPhone sounds kind of fruity too.
    05-08-10 04:35 PM
    Besides....Jake iPhone sounds kind of fruity too.
    True
    The wife uses it now. She loves all the cute little apps.
    05-08-10 04:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD