(03/09 - 03/26)
    Unlimited M2M PIX-FLIX messages unlimited 6 -- --
    (03/09 - 03/26)
    TXT/PIX-FLIX messages 98 260 162 16.20
    (02/27 - 03/09)
    TXT/PIX-FLIX messages 321 202 -- --
    (03/09 - 03/26)
    Kilobyte Usage kilobytes unlimited 176,959 -- --

I have unlimited data..500 text, didnt go over..What the **** is this? And why is it 16$
    03-31-09 11:11 PM
    you did a price plan change, or feature change on the 9th. There was a proration of the feature charges, so it broke down the amount of msgs you actually were alotted.
    03-31-09 11:13 PM
    I..don't get it? lol
    03-31-09 11:15 PM
    ok sorry. I tried to abridge. your billing cycle date is the 26th. You changed SOMETHING on the 9th of march. That change was probably the feature change to go up in your messaging limits. What happened tho is that your usage was prorated cuz the feature change happened mid-cycle. Judging on the proration, you WERE on the 250 msg plan, and went up to the 500 domestic/ unl M2M. What should have happened is whoever changed the feature should have back-dated it to the beginning of your bill cycle... would have charged the extra $5 for the diff in feature price... but NOT had the proration charge.
    03-31-09 11:18 PM
    So..this was my father by the way. He upped the messaging to 500. On the 9th. So basicly your saying, it did not take effect right away, so it added the current text, ON TOP of what I sent after the 500 text limit was added..That is NOT FAIR
    03-31-09 11:21 PM
    i see that we hace reps on these forums but when this does happen dont get pissy just call verizon and speak to a rep, you will get the answer to your question and stop this from happening again..idk if people are scared to call customer service or what but they really are helpful, and they do their job well. just a though
    03-31-09 11:23 PM
    They should be more clear. I often go on the site to make sure i'm keeping under the texting limit. It said monthly allowence 500, and I was only at about 200. If it didnt take effect until the next cycle, it should have not changed..
    03-31-09 11:24 PM
    i see that we hace reps on these forums but when this does happen dont get pissy just call verizon and speak to a rep, you will get the answer to your question and stop this from happening again..idk if people are scared to call customer service or what but they really are helpful, and they do their job well. just a though
    I agree... I have my own issues with our cust svc... but that is only when they act superior to the reps in the stores... it doesn't happen often tho, and they have a lot more resources available to them that makes my job a lot easier at times. just call them up and ask them to re-rate your feature change becasue you were never informed of the proration charges and wanted it done from the beginning of the cycle anyhow
    03-31-09 11:26 PM
    Ok, thanks for your help. Get to hear dad go off tomorrow. Can't wait!
    03-31-09 11:28 PM
    LOL... keep in mind... we r ppl too!! Some of us just don't click the right button all the time =)~
    03-31-09 11:34 PM
    Hard to read, but it looks like you went over your 500 messages for put of network. It's 500 total, not both ways.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 11:45 PM
    -- --
    -- --

TXT/PIX-FLIX messages 98 260 162 16.20
    (02/27 - 03/09)
    TXT/PIX-FLIX messages 321 202 -- --

The 16.20 is for texts from 2-27 to 3-9. When your text plan was changed om 3-9, it was not back dated to the start of your billing cycle 2-27. This resulted in overages for the first part of your cycle. They alloted you 98 for that time period and 260 were done. The overage of 162 was billed a 10 cents a text.

Cust service will rerate it.. just em a call. It should have been back dated in the beginning.
    04-01-09 12:31 AM
    yeah when going to a higher plan they definately should have backdated. when they change on demand, they can calculate the usage, and anticipate prorated charges like this. if it isn't documented exactly how many you had, and what your allowance was at the time of the charge, they will have no choice but to re-rate it for you (give you the benefit of the higher plan for the full month as opposed to the partial month). i've seen some crazy shiz from proration, and reps not advising people. used to take escalations for vzw...lmao, good times!
    04-01-09 01:59 AM
    lol... so patches works in a call center I am guessing? or just has a lot of experience with Verizon. I myself, only working there for 2 years, have seen a full range of name it you got it scenarios... aircard overages can be real 'fun' to explain
    04-01-09 02:03 AM
    my fav was when people would switch from blackberry to dumbphone in the middle of a cycle, or visa versa. there was no way to backdate the changes. follow up and re-rate fasho!!! then they complain that you take too much follow up time in the beginning of your shift. d00d, i got like 30 re-rates, and none of my teammates know how to do math! i'm doing theirs too!!! wtf? anyway, there's a reason i don't work there anymore. *sigh* damn, now i gotta go find my meds again. BP is through the roof!!!
    04-01-09 02:07 AM
    well ok... I can recall my last statement.. u just answered that one for me
    04-01-09 02:09 AM
    You better check your bill every month from Verizon. I am on the phone every month with them getting extra charges off my bill. It is starting to really **** me off also. You should be able to trust you wont be screwed every time you turn your head the other way for 5 minutes.
    04-01-09 06:12 AM
    five minutes!! try five seconds......
    04-01-09 06:40 AM
    the bottom line is if its VZW's fault they'll fix it no problem. you should have seen me run ragged trying to get a guy's number back when it was changed on accident. he called in to discuss changing his number, see options available, but never commited to it. so the rep future dated a request to change the phone number (rep = id10t in this story) and told the customer "if you want to change your number, it's all set. if you want to keep the same number, call back and cancel the future dated order." well he wakes up and his cell doesn't work, and with the new systems VZW uses, its UBER hard to retrieve a number once it has been changed. it goes into a queue for 30 days so some new activation doesn't get calls from jose's old friends who don't have his new number.

if you're polite, and fully understand the situation, and the rep understands the situation as well, you're fine. if not, call back and hope for the best.
    04-01-09 05:59 PM
    This Retro billing bull**** really needs to stop with Verizon. It's bad enough they retro use minutes when you change plans, but it's txts as well. How the frack do they know what someone may use one day to the next. This sort of retro stiffing billing should be banned by the FTC.
    04-01-09 06:49 PM
    This Retro billing bull**** really needs to stop with Verizon. It's bad enough they retro use minutes when you change plans, but it's txts as well. How the frack do they know what someone may use one day to the next. This sort of retro stiffing billing should be banned by the FTC.
    the ability to retro plans is something the customers asked for.

scenario 1) customer exceeds allowance, calls provider, asks to increase..."but you're already over. we can give you a higher plan starting next month. but it's too late now"

scenario 2) customer exceeds allowance, calls provider, asks to increase..."ok, we can offer you a higher allowance of minutes, cover this bill cycle your already in to avoid any overages, and you just pay the difference."

which one would you rather have?

the issue is that the reps are entering the change wrong.

from a company standpoint, it is a more efficent process (when done correctly, errors are seldom and rare). the rep can take the call, set up a follow up to re rate the bill next month, and then call the customer back later to advise of the changes (that don't show up on the bill, the will reflect next month) or they can change it now and be done with it, next bill reflects appropriate changes.

it always comes down to one common factor: user error
    04-01-09 06:59 PM
    the ability to retro plans is something the customers asked for.

scenario 1) customer exceeds allowance, calls provider, asks to increase..."but you're already over. we can give you a higher plan starting next month. but it's too late now"

scenario 2) customer exceeds allowance, calls provider, asks to increase..."ok, we can offer you a higher allowance of minutes, cover this bill cycle your already in to avoid any overages, and you just pay the difference."

which one would you rather have?

the issue is that the reps are entering the change wrong.

from a company standpoint, it is a more efficent process (when done correctly, errors are seldom and rare). the rep can take the call, set up a follow up to re rate the bill next month, and then call the customer back later to advise of the changes (that don't show up on the bill, the will reflect next month) or they can change it now and be done with it, next bill reflects appropriate changes.

it always comes down to one common factor: user error

Yes and it's number 2 for me and that is exactly what happened. My kids deceided to KILL me with texts one month (like over 5,000) when I had, I think, 500 a month. I was in a panic and called Verizon. They put me on the unlimited plan and retro fit it right in so I didn't have to pay for all those texts, which was substantial. They have always been good to me, you just have to keep on top of things.
    04-01-09 07:49 PM
    the existence of that option alone is very helpful in negotiating with the company for past overages as well, if you're on a plan that isn't suitable, VZW will generally offer the plan for you, and go back a month or two if the rep didn't just get their a$$ chewed by some wanna be business guy who can't afford to pay their bill and wanted to call and complain...
    04-01-09 07:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD