From D7 today:

Walt: Why wasnt the Storm a better device? Ouch. Lazaradis blanches. Well, its the No. 3 phone, Walt. Walt: I didnt ask about sales, I asked why it wasnt a better device. Lazaridis: Well, Im sorry its only a No. 3 device.

What a PATHETIC response! Is that like "Avis, We're #2, We Try Harder" ?
    05-27-09 09:26 PM
    :V Laugh out loud. That's basically the "Why try better to be best?" attitude.
    05-27-09 11:22 PM
    Dude chill the Storm is like an expansion team making it to the championship in their first season.
    05-28-09 11:02 AM
    I don't get why this is a pathetic response?

You could ask this of any device... why wasnt the iphone better?

Why wasnt the bold better?

"better" is a very subjective term, and if the storm WERE "better", if it broke sales records and was almost unanimously considered an incredible device, the question could still be asked "why didn't you make it better"

"Thompson! is this your report?"

"Yes sir, it is"

"Why didn't you make it better?"

weird question to ask someone no matter the situation topic
    05-28-09 11:08 AM
    It was a pathetic attempt to dodge the reality that they're aware of. The Storm has more than it's fair share of bugs and that there is a wide variance between how each persons' device operates (mine has been working fine with the recent slew of leaks, but I have friends with .75 and man that thing is slow I also have friends with leaks and between everyone I know with a Storm, they have random issues, be it restarts, screen click issue, severe lags, freezes, not being able to hear anyone on the phone, etc).

That's what Walt was hinting at, it was a blatant "gotcha" question, and Lazaridis tried to dodge it the best he can.
    05-28-09 11:45 AM
    Dude chill the Storm is like an expansion team making it to the championship in their first season.
    +1

10char
    05-28-09 11:50 AM
    From D7 today:

Walt: Why wasnt the Storm a better device? Ouch. Lazaradis blanches. Well, its the No. 3 phone, Walt. Walt: I didnt ask about sales, I asked why it wasnt a better device. Lazaridis: Well, Im sorry its only a No. 3 device.

What a PATHETIC response! Is that like "Avis, We're #2, We Try Harder" ?
    I agree. Pathetic. Typical Canadian attitude. I guess they planned on the dust being a permanent phone feature as well as the fully functional os? At least admit there have been challenges with the screen, buttons, dust etc.
    05-28-09 03:04 PM
    Like Trendy said...
    05-28-09 03:11 PM
    If they admit there are problems then they may impact sales or leave themselves open to litagation.

Does anyone honestly expect him to have said " Sorry the device has so many problems. We were contractully bound to deliver the device by Black Friday. Verizon wouldn't let us push it back even though we knew there were problems to be worked out. But hey we're still number 3 so imagine what would have happened if we only had more time."
    05-28-09 03:13 PM
    Typical Canadian attitude.
    Being Canadian I'm not sure what to make of that....??? What does that mean?
    05-28-09 04:20 PM
    Oh by the way.... I do agree with all of you... it is a PATHETIC response from Lazaridis...
    05-28-09 04:22 PM
    I agree. Pathetic. Typical Canadian attitude. I guess they planned on the dust being a permanent phone feature as well as the fully functional os? At least admit there have been challenges with the screen, buttons, dust etc.
    What do you mean "Typical Canadian attitude??"
    05-28-09 04:50 PM

Sorry bro. They mistook u for being French. Silly Americans......
    He didn't realize u guys play real football too.
    05-28-09 04:56 PM
    Let it go dude. Nickelback ROCKS and Mike Weir is an awesome guy.

Anyway...Lazaridis seems to blow off all the questions about the Storm...at least in all the interviews I've read. He seems infatuated with the Curve (rightfully so, i guess).
    Being a Storm owner/lover, tho, its starting to get annoying. Mine has no hardware or software issues but i know many peep's do. I think its a little cowardly of him to dodge the ??'S about it.

Just my opinion...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 05:18 PM
    Everyone knows the Storm is a turd, what is he supposed to say?
    05-28-09 05:26 PM
    Everyone knows the Storm is a turd, what is he supposed to say?
    There's not enough Preperation H in the world to make you go away, is there?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 05:31 PM
    The question should have be phrased: "Why did the Storm suck so much at launch, and after months of use, why does it suck even more now? Why do I have crap under my screen, why don't all of my corners click uniformly and why the **** DOES MY SCREEN WIGGLE?"

I'd love to hear the answers.
    05-28-09 05:58 PM
    The Storm doesn't have quite as many problems as people like to claim.
    05-28-09 06:21 PM
    Sad thing is... it has more. And anybody not willing to admit it is in denial.

Boy thats a weak statement if I have heard one. So what do you say to owners like myself who really have not experianced any problems such as the ones listed here?
    05-28-09 06:34 PM
    Being Canadian I'm not sure what to make of that....??? What does that mean?
    My apologies. It was a poor jab at RIM for going with the flow rather than pushing back on Verizon to delay the release of a troubled piece of hardware.
    05-28-09 07:13 PM
    Yes I have had to replace my first phone for screen click, that worked fine.
    Just recently I had to replace that one for dust. When I got my replacement
    wasn't happy with the click. So went to the store they exchanged it.
    Upgraded the OS; put Body Guard on. I am a happy camper.
    This phone is by far the best smart phone I have ever had.
    I am a 1st time BB user. If BB didn't have this device I would definitely
    be a Win Mo user. I love touch screens. I have been with VZW for 6yrs
    now and I am a happy cust. The Storm it's under warranty;
    it's their dime let em fix it. I get a nice new shiny phone when it
    breaks.
    MP3 player can connect to car stereo; and I am sure via bt.
    Navigation
    Web browser.
    Outstanding email.
    Games
    Nice apps.
    Hey imo this phone is quite alright.
    Aint going to AT&T to pay a 500.00 deposit
    for the Iphone so there. Thats as truthful as I can make it.
    Could I pay the deposit? Of course; but I can think of something better
    to do with 500.00 bucks.
    Will I get an iphone if it comes to VZW?
    Dunno by that time remarkable advances will be made
    with the Storm and many other devices by then.

Lets throw in LTE; VZW's netwrk will definitely be the sh**
    so for all those reasons I'm staying. If I were gonna leave
    VZW. It would be for Sprint............................................ .
    Last edited by TrendyProfessional1; 05-28-09 at 07:49 PM.
    05-28-09 07:46 PM
    How many times do I have to tell you you're being a bit of a d!ck until it sinks in?
    I've read your posts.
    You used to be a Storm owner, you got sick of it. Now you don't own one.

Months on you still whine, gripe and moan about how bad it is and how everyone is an !diot for owning one.
    We get it. You. Hated. The. Blackberry. Storm.
    Thing is, I genuinely love mine. I'm not in denial at all, I really do love it. It's just peachy.

So please, for your own sake... Move on. Those difficult, trying times are over for you now, you are free!
    Free to go out and get a life. Make a family. Settle down with two kids, call them Curve and Berry if you like.
    Grow old and die happy in the fact that you got out while you still could.

Once again, good day sir.
    Last edited by The_Fuzz22; 05-28-09 at 09:17 PM.
    05-28-09 09:15 PM
    Boy thats a weak statement if I have heard one. So what do you say to owners like myself who really have not experianced any problems such as the ones listed here?

No it isn't a weak statement. You have a Verizon Storm with the offical company OS and have NEVER had the Storm slow to respond going between portrait and landscape? It's NEVER rebooted by itself? It's NEVER locked up? Your camera doesn't have a lag time like glaicers melting? NEVER? Any problems?
    05-28-09 09:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD