So I had the weirdest experience today. I went to my Verizon corporate store to check out their display Storms to see how different my Day One, Made in Canada Storm was from the displays in case the display models were the newer ones. So I was comparing the keyboards on the two displays versus mine and the display models were definitely easier to click on. So the manager approached me next and asked me what I needed help with. Now, I went to the store just for curiosity's sake and I gave really despised reading all the posts from users on their 4th or 5th or 6th device. I think that there is something seriously wrong with these people and I was shocked to see Verizon caught in their manipulative little games. Well, the manager wanted to take a look at my phone and having .85 on it I reluctantly have it to him. He played with the phone and noticed that the screen was hard to click on the left. Of course, he was following protocol so he pulled the battery and on reset he got "Media Card Inserted" message. So he said he had to go to the back of the store and he came out with a white Storm box. He didn't even ask me if I wanted a new phone or if I backed up my data. So I told him that I hadn't backed up my data in a week and he said that they could do that on the spot. I told them that I wanted everything transferred over but of course they were only able to transfer my contacts. My new phone is okay - my old phone didn't have any major issues and it worked well with the card trick so now I kind of wish I kept it and refused a brand new phone. This one is made in Mexico and the keyboard is much harder to type on away from the center. The more I have been using it the more I hate the new keyboard. I know that the keys might get "broken in" over time, but that's not a guarantee. I also realized that my Pasword keeper didn't transfer so now I am concerned about Verizon not wiping the phone properly before sending it back on the market. I wonder what I should do?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by mudpud; 01-08-09 at 10:12 PM.
    01-08-09 09:46 PM
    So I had the weirdest experience today. I went to my Verizon corporate store to check out their display Storms to see how different my Day One, Made in Canada Storm was from the displays in case the display models were the newer ones. So I was comparing the keyboards on the two displays versus mine and the display models were definitely easier to click on. So the manager approached me next and asked me what I needed help with. Now, I went to the store just for curiosity's sake and I gave really despised reading all the posts from users on their 4th or 5th or 6th device. I think that there is something seriously wrong with these people and I was shocked to see Verizon caught in their manipulative little games. Well, the manager wanted to take a look at my phone and having .85 on it I reluctantly have it to him. He played with the phone and noticed that the screen was hard to click on the left. Of course, he was following protocol so he pulled the battery and on reset he got "Media Card Inserted" message. So he said he had to go to the back of the store and he came out with a white Storm box. He didn't even ask me if I wanted a new phone or if I backed up my data. So I told him that I hadn't backed up my data in a week and he said that they could do that on the spot. I told them that I wanted everything transferred over but of course they were only able to transfer my contacts. My new phone is okay - my old phone didn't have any major issues and it worked well with the card trick so now I kind of wish I kept it and refused a brand new phone. This one is made in Mexico and the keyboard is much harder to type on away from the center. The more I have been using it the more I hate the new keyboard. I know that the keys might get "broken in" over time, but that's not a guarantee. I also realized that my Pasword keeper didn't transfer so now I am concerned about Verizon not wiping the phone properly before sending it back on the market. I wonder what I should do?

I would have asked him for a second to move everything to the SD card and then swapped cards.

It sucks that the screen is worse on this one but you don't have to worry about your data. VZW can't resell cel phones. They have to go back to RIM where they are among other things completely wiped and tested. Your model had the old touch screen so it will likely be disassembled and given the new design. Then the most current official OS will be loaded and it will be used as a FRU replacement for someone else.
    01-08-09 10:31 PM
    So it's much harder to click even with paper behind that battery then you should take it back to the same store and explain the situation to them. They should give you another one. This time before excepting it play with it a bit to make sure it clicks good.
    01-08-09 10:39 PM
    LOL that sucks!! While I don't think the sky is falling, I'm not trading my phone in for anything!
    01-09-09 12:31 AM
    That's too bad. If you just did this today, go back and demand your old phone back the next day

Just be a horrendous POS. They'll give it back to you as quickly as possible, you just won't be able to go back to that store for anything else.
    01-09-09 02:00 AM
    ...Your model had the old touch screen so it will likely be disassembled and given the new design.
    Like the OP I have a "day one made in Canada" model.
    Like the OP I have hit the VZW store this week to do some
    Storm comparison browsing since 1/15 is approaching.

Try to read as much as I can here, but can't catch it all.
    Did I miss something?
    The touchscreen has been redesigned?
    01-09-09 07:27 AM
    Something smells fishy. I have never heard of a manager taking your phone and giving a replacement without a customer complaint

01-09-09 07:37 AM
    Well I actually did state that my screen was harder to press compared to either display model but I also said that perhaps this was due to my phone having been used for almost 2 months. I also had to remind them to swap the SD cards. I think I will try messing with the screws first before I try to contact the big Red again.

01-09-09 09:05 AM
    WHat did they do to redesign the keyboard?
    01-09-09 11:12 AM
    The keyboard seems about the same graphically. The space around the screen is the same width. With the old phone it was really hard to type with SureType, but now its much easier to do that and unfortunately harder to do QWERTY. I could try the screw truck I guess. I really don't believe any of the shenanigans on this forum who got their fifth or sixth phone and claimed that the keyboard required minimal effort to press and the screen was barely movable horizontakly in space. My new QWERTY keyboard is much worse than my old one. Perhaps each screen press mechanism has its own unique learning curve.

01-09-09 11:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD