Horrible memory leak, battery drain was pretty bad, the backlight would not go off, transitions from portrait to landscape keyboard were laggy, plus other little complaints. I just went back to .109, and its still the best OS out there for me by far. Has anyone else done the same switch?
    03-28-09 11:12 AM
    I have made the same switch
    hated battery drain and mem leak plus lag
    I'm now using my 109 hybrid with 113 cut/paste and its been holding out terrific. 109 was just nicer for me altogether
    03-28-09 11:14 AM
    Didn't do the full switch, but swapped the .109 radio code in with .113 Java. Much better for me on battery, memory, and another bug I had.
    03-28-09 11:17 AM
    If you haven't already tried BBcrackmans Hybrid's I would definately recommend it. I am running V2 right now V3 should be out today or sometime within the week...

It does have a memory leak but I just do a batt pull in the morning and it's good all day. I will live with a memory leak to have it working this good...

Just thought I'd trow that in, give it a try if you don't like it go back to .109 after. =)
    03-28-09 11:23 AM
    If you haven't already tried BBcrackmans Hybrid's I would definately recommend it. I am running V2 right now V3 should be out today or sometime within the week...

It does have a memory leak but I just do a batt pull in the morning and it's good all day. I will live with a memory leak to have it working this good...

Just thought I'd trow that in, give it a try if you don't like it go back to .109 after. =)
    I actually did try both V1 and V2, v1 never installed correctly and v2 was actually pretty good i was very impressed, and i dont know if this actually is worth anything on crackberry forums, but i just get the most secure feeling from .109. Wasnt .113 actually revealed to be another hybrid?
    03-28-09 11:34 AM
    I have made the same switch
    hated battery drain and mem leak plus lag
    I'm now using my 109 hybrid with 113 cut/paste and its been holding out terrific. 109 was just nicer for me altogether
    where did you get the hybrid i've been dying for that combo
    03-28-09 11:37 AM
    i have been running the .113 for a week now, and let me check my device info via quicklaunch; uptime 64 hours and memory free 42.11 MB. i love .113. i dont have any problems with the battery either. i work out and run at the gym about 3 hours and the whole time i blasting mp3's and streaming radio on my phone and all that never uses more than 10 percent of my battery
    03-28-09 11:37 AM
    i have been running the .113 for a week now, and let me check my device info via quicklaunch; uptime 64 hours and memory free 42.11 MB. i love .113. i dont have any problems with the battery either. i work out and run at the gym about 3 hours and the whole time i blasting mp3's and streaming radio on my phone and all that never uses more than 10 percent of my battery
    Just last night i did a battery pull, texted a little bit, then checked my battery and checked available memory. my battery was down by half, and the memory was down to 12.1mb after about an hour. I do believe that all storm updates are based on individual findings though. For me, .113 was not really worth it
    03-28-09 11:42 AM
    hybrid = the best. I literally have no problems with it. Except for a memory leak. Battery pull every 3 days and bam shadabam. Good stuff.
    03-28-09 12:00 PM
    where did you get the hybrid i've been dying for that combo
    download link is:
    http://www.theiexplorers.com/bb/109WithCopyPaste.rar
    Ive been running it since I made it, and have loved it. Hope you do too
    03-28-09 12:29 PM
    I'm with you. I cant understand what all the fuss is about. Mine is sweet as it is. Straight stock .113
    Have not fooled around with any hybrids "yet"
    03-28-09 12:36 PM
    Is it worth swapping the .109 radio code into the .113 beta? I understand it will clear up the bleeding issue, but is that enough?
    03-28-09 01:22 PM
    I'm going back to .109

The .113 OS has one of the worst radio's I've come across in all the leaked betas.

In spite of all the rumors, I do not see how Verizon could even consider this build for release.
    03-28-09 02:11 PM
    I'm pretty sure .113 was another hybrid. The memory leak was the worst for me like i said, and ive had .109 on my phone since last night, no pulls no nothing, and its still at 18.3mb. .113 was dipping to 8 or worse, and it never went above 21
    03-28-09 06:02 PM
    I wiped and reinstalled .113 and that helped with a lot of issues my phone initially had. Battery life is now much better (not like it was with .109 but better), and a lot of the issues are now gone. Memory leak is still there, but the phone is much more responsive now.

All of this said, .109 is still more stable. It might be slower, but it is more stable.
    03-29-09 12:04 AM
    Just went from .75 to 113 tonite. First beta. So far so good. Gonna see what happens. If I have lots of problems ill restore back to 75.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-09 12:16 AM
    I hated 113. my battery drained within a few hours. I am on 114 hybrid V2. So far so good. Can't wait for RIM to add the next great feature.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-09 01:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD