Ok. Ive had the Storm 3 different times now, and all three times....ive returned it! I had someone basically rape the phone from everything i wont need and or use and put the new 4.7 OS on the phone.

Well, I have more than a few issues the phone!

1st. Y am I paying veriozn wireless for a service im basically not reciving? My internet is SOOOOO slow i could swear i was relying on a camel to connect me to website! Also, if anyone else wants to try, go ahead. Im a professional gamer, and the website i use to run my matches is gamebattles.com, when i go to the site, i cant even click login! WTF!!!

2nd. Ive noticed that you cant use drop downs, y? By drop downs i mean, say for instance, go to Ruth's Chris Steak House Website : A Serious Steak Restaurant[/url] and try to make a reservation...it wont work. Now, im pretty computer savy...and ive tried tweaking this phone from top to bottom and nothing seems to work.

3rd. Y the **** should i have to constantly do battery pulls to have a device that works smoothly?

4th. I think this phone is a disaster....i will be returning them BOTH...tomorrow. VZW is the best carrier, but i do belive the iPhone is a great choice!

Had to vent....pretty pissed.
    02-23-09 02:43 AM
    Bye! Hope you enjoy your iPhone.
    02-23-09 02:52 AM
    I dont know for sure if im going to get an iPhone, i just know its the best choice out. I really like the HTC Touch Pro, but...the one for verizon is all screwed up!
    02-23-09 02:58 AM
    Bye! Hope you enjoy your iPhone.
    That was pretty funny! lmao
    02-23-09 02:59 AM
    Good luck on your next phone hope you don't have any more problems. I havent had any issues with my Storm except your #3 I don't like the battery pulls either but it's not to big of a deal i dont do them everyday
    02-23-09 03:26 AM
    "A Serious Steak Restaurant" made me lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-09 03:33 AM
    Ok. Ive had the Storm 3 different times now, and all three times....ive returned it! I had someone basically rape the phone from everything i wont need and or use and put the new 4.7 OS on the phone.

Well, I have more than a few issues the phone!

1st. Y am I paying veriozn wireless for a service im basically not reciving? My internet is SOOOOO slow i could swear i was relying on a camel to connect me to website! Also, if anyone else wants to try, go ahead. Im a professional gamer, and the website i use to run my matches is gamebattles.com, when i go to the site, i cant even click login! WTF!!!

2nd. Ive noticed that you cant use drop downs, y? By drop downs i mean, say for instance, go to Ruth's Chris Steak House Website : A Serious Steak Restaurant[/url] and try to make a reservation...it wont work. Now, im pretty computer savy...and ive tried tweaking this phone from top to bottom and nothing seems to work.

3rd. Y the **** should i have to constantly do battery pulls to have a device that works smoothly?

4th. I think this phone is a disaster....i will be returning them BOTH...tomorrow. VZW is the best carrier, but i do belive the iPhone is a great choice!

Had to vent....pretty pissed.

Guys gamebattles is serious bis haven't you heard? Playing Ladder type website is being "professional" now a days, who needs to win tournaments in person? That's so 1998.

But seriously have you ever considered a site like gamebattles to have a TON of java and coding? Its a freaken phone not a pocket laptop, get real. I'm also curious as to when your "on the go" and need to check gamebattles. I'm just curious.
    02-23-09 03:40 AM
    Being a professional gamer, he's obviously always on the move to some sort of tournament or press conference for important people. Duh..

EDIT: ugh, anti-capslock filter...
    Last edited by Jimmeh; 02-23-09 at 03:46 AM.
    02-23-09 03:43 AM
    For reservations I use mobile.opentable.com

I think Opera mini has better drop down support.

02-23-09 06:20 AM
    I can't take your post seriously untill you tell me where you rank......

after that, three things come to mind...

1. MLG Sucks
    2. Gears2 sucks
    3. The storm sucks
    Last edited by fastharry; 02-23-09 at 07:01 AM.
    02-23-09 06:52 AM
    That was pretty funny! lmao
    My thoughts exactly. Sorry dude good luck with your next phone.
    02-23-09 06:54 AM
    Im a professional gamer.

This made me lol.
    02-23-09 07:04 AM
    Sounds like JavaScript isn't enabled
    02-23-09 07:11 AM
    Awwww come on folks let's not tease the young boy. Surely you guys remember what it like to be a 13 year old pro gamer lull.

02-23-09 07:14 AM
    Awwww come on folks let's not tease the young boy. Surely you guys remember what it like to be a 13 year old pro gamer lull.

OMG ..... ROFLMAO
    02-23-09 07:23 AM
    This was a pointless forum..... But funny
    02-23-09 07:30 AM
    This was a pointless forum..... But funny
    *Thread*

But yeah...it is pointless.
    02-23-09 07:32 AM
    Not all websites are created equal. Some don't use java, for instance. The Storm uses java to create those cool things like drop down boxes and some websites don't have mobile apps yet.

You might want to try opera, although you will probably experience the same problems.
    02-23-09 09:00 AM
    I think this guy will find, to his disappointment and dismay, that the iPhone will load his webpage very similarly to the way the Blackberry loads it.
    02-23-09 09:27 AM
    You guys are so mean. Try using Opera I don't have issues with drop downs only the odd site like autotrader.ca sometimes, seems to be a website issue not so much the phone. I agree with you, except my speed is very fast on my browser. I don't have to pull the battery much but I'm on my second storm in 3 weeks and the lower right corner just stopped clicking, and I've had a business card under the battery the whole time.

Just sucks because I have over 2 years left on my 3 year contract with Telus, and my rate plan is dirt cheap, $50 with tax for unlimited everything so even if I could go to Rogers or somewhere else I'd be paying twice as much. I just wish there were more options than just the storm and curve 8330. I really like the HTC Diamond on the online videos but my friend who works at Telus said it's not good, and I'd miss bb messenger too much. I agree with what you're saying though, a phone can have issues but it's frustrating when it has so many and is less than 1 month old.
    02-23-09 11:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD