My local Verizon store had 1 and I got to play with it, albeit briefly.

The screen looks awesome! It's soooo sharp & detailed. Very nice. Watched the Iron Man movie trailer and was blown away with how good it looks. After watching it I cancelled out of the media folder and tried the browser. When I went back to media to watch the Iron Man trailer again, the vid started, then the screen froze while the audio played til the end of the clip. Nothing I did would let me close out. So for like 2 mins I'm pressing the end key, the cancel/back up key and nothing's happening. Eventually it closed out but VERY annoying!

Definitely laggy when rotating it from portrait to landscape. Sometimes it would take 1 sec and then other times it would be a good 3-5 secs. A few times it would hang up with the screen doing some sort of a hybrid between portrait and landscape. After like 10-15 secs it would revert to what it was supposed to be.

I checked the memory free when I picked it up and it was only at 13mb's; after like 5 minutes it was down to 9 min's. So either it's got a huge memory leak or when I was cruising around on it, I was leaving a lot of programs open. On my Curve I can press ALT and the Back Out/cancel key and it will bring up all open apps. How do I do that on the Storm?

I'm still gonna get the phone on Friday as I hope it will have a newer OS on it that the demo at the store. Also, I'll be a new Verizon customer so if I don't like it, I'll return it inside the 30 day window. The OS was .65

I've seen some youtube vid's showing the accelerometer on the Storm and it looked like it worked just fine, so not sure why this one was so slow. I don't mind a 1-2 sec's but not 3-5 like this Storm was doing after a while. Also the memory drain is concerning. I'm sure there are worthless apps on teh Storm that can be deleted to free up memory. I've got a Curve now that is never higher than 12mb's and with its memory leak, it's usually under 10mb's free. I don't wanna have to be doing battery pulls throughout the day so hopefully I'll be able to delete a lot of useless crap once I get the phone on Fri.

So with that all being said, I'm still excited to get the Storm. I'm hoping that a software upgrade will fix most if not all of this stuff. I can definitely see a learning curve on getting used to the touch screen. I kept hitting the wrong icons at first but within a few minutes I was getting better. I REALLY like the tactile feedback of the clickable screen. It's awesome. I think this phone will be fine once a few upgrades come out. I'm really hoping that the Verizon Storms hitting the open market on Friday will have a newer OS already.
    Last edited by CFD323; 11-17-08 at 08:17 PM.
    11-17-08 08:12 PM
    As its been stated many times before, Verizon is shipping out their phones with .80 OS installed. You should likely see a huge difference from .65.
    11-17-08 08:15 PM
    I didn't know that. Cool

I actually was talking to the Store Manager and he said he hoped the newer OS would already be on the phone when they arrived, but if by chance it wasn't on them, then we the customers would be able to upgrade shortly thereafter.
    11-17-08 08:17 PM
    That's a shame CFD. Thanks for sharing your experience. I hope they fix these issues for the final version and .65 won't be the final version.
    11-17-08 08:18 PM
    As its been stated many times before, Verizon is shipping out their phones with .80 OS installed. You should likely see a huge difference from .65.
    i thought it was .70 or .71
    11-17-08 08:19 PM
    updated OS will help it very much in terms of speed. I wonder if the model version had an extra memory card expanding the memory so it would lag as much with added stuff.
    11-17-08 08:33 PM
    i thought it was .70 or .71
    CX said mid to high .7*
    11-17-08 08:36 PM
    ...On my Curve I can press ALT and the Back Out/cancel key and it will bring up all open apps. How do I do that on the Storm?...
    I think the Quick Start guide on Blackberry's website says that, for the Storm, you hold down the menu button for a couple of seconds to bring up the list of running apps.

-SR-
    11-17-08 09:47 PM
    I think the Quick Start guide on Blackberry's website says that, for the Storm, you hold down the menu button for a couple of seconds to bring up the list of running apps.

-SR-
    cool thanks
    11-17-08 11:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD