Well not quite yet, as in your link "it can be". Until then, the iPhones display is better then anything out currently.
    Wow I don't think you have read it properly.

"Structurally, IPS LCD technology cannot catch up with AMOLED display technology."

Super AMOLED is better than iPhone 4's display. It doesn't say it can be, iPhone 4's display cannot catch up to it since it's just a normal LCD screen with a high resolution.
    06-14-10 12:55 PM
    This is it. I come here looking to learn about the phone I have or about leaked operating systems or to find tips etc. I come to crackberry less and less because all I see is this garbage.

If crackberry doesn't start getting rid of this stuff, or finding an appropriate forum for it I just wont come here any more or buy stuff from the store etc.

I can go to other sites to find the information I am looking for.

edit: I know I don't have to open these violin threads, but I shouldn't even have to wade through this stuff to find what I need.

And then I bump it, and it perpetuates itself. It is a vicious cycle.
    The point of my post was that this entire thread is a waste of time and space.
    Last edited by plkcable; 06-14-10 at 07:20 PM.
    06-14-10 02:03 PM
    I am staying with my Berry. I have not had any of those problems the original poster had. He must have gottne a lemon? No problems at all.

jr
    06-14-10 02:10 PM
    The point of my post was that this entire thread is a waste of time and space. I'll try to remain calm with you, I remember when I was a noob.
    What are you talking about? I was agreeing with you. I hate these emo posts they are a waste and get in the way. I remember when I was a noob too but that was years ago.

/confused

Edit: I re read my post and can see that it wasn't clear. I was however in agreement with you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at ewapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by waker; 06-14-10 at 05:39 PM.
    06-14-10 03:58 PM
    Wow I don't think you have read it properly.

"Structurally, IPS LCD technology cannot catch up with AMOLED display technology."

Super AMOLED is better than iPhone 4's display. It doesn't say it can be, iPhone 4's display cannot catch up to it since it's just a normal LCD screen with a high resolution.
    Mmmmm ... you may want to read it again. The Galaxy will (as in not yet) having a superior viewing angle, blah blah, blah. Currently, on June 24th, name a better AMOLED screen the the iPhone.
    Will AMOLED be better. I'm quite sure they will surpass the iPhone. But it must be nice to have the phone that everyone compare theirs to.
    06-14-10 04:07 PM
    Getting back to the OP...that was the longest sentence I've ever seen.

Sure there are 3-4 of these a day, but this one made me laugh. The OP needs a lot more than an iPhone and it's millions of apps to solve his problems.

Regardless...there are lots of people leaving RIM for the others. With the largest total market-share in smartphones that's going to happen anyway. Given the "staleness" of the RIM OS and so-so performance of the hardware, additional market-share losses will continue until some "coolness" comes back to the BB platform. I'm telling you that Moto Droid X is looking pretty good...
    06-14-10 04:18 PM
    There is no such thing as an iPhone 4G. Therefore, the only sensible thing to do is blow up this ridiculous thread!
    06-14-10 04:21 PM
    Why do people have to announce that they're leaving BB for another phone? Does anybody really care?
    Last edited by sloegin; 06-14-10 at 04:26 PM.
    06-14-10 04:24 PM
    Um...there's something INFERIOR to FOLGERS? I always thought Folgers was about as low as you could go

Someone switched out my Folgers for an inferior brand. There's going to be **** to pay.
    06-14-10 04:25 PM
    I'm leaving Earth for Mars...Earth's occupants are old and outdated..I hear Mars has some really snappy, up-to-date people.
    06-14-10 04:27 PM
    Um...there's something INFERIOR to FOLGERS? I always thought Folgers was about as low as you could go
    lol, someone doesn't remember the commercials.
    06-14-10 05:21 PM
    What are you talking about? I was agreeing with you. I hate these emo posts they are a waste and get in the way. I remember when I was a noob too but that was years ago.

/confused

Edit: I re read my post and can see that it wasn't clear. I was however in agreement with you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at ewapforums.crackberry.com
    My bad, I misunderstood. I'll edit my post, sorry for the flame!
    06-14-10 07:20 PM
    My bad, I misunderstood. I'll edit my post, sorry for the flame!
    <3<3<3

10 char.
    06-15-10 07:48 AM
    lol, someone doesn't remember the commercials.

have you had folgers recently? I used to think the same but man it is delicious.
    06-15-10 07:48 AM
    have you had folgers recently? I used to think the same but man it is delicious.
    concur, stuff is so much better than max h
    06-15-10 08:42 AM
    OP...Enjoy your new phone. I would guess that if you have good data coverage where ever you are (and travel to), you'll love it. If it doesn't suit your needs, RIM will be here waiting.
    06-15-10 08:48 AM
    If it doesn't suit your needs, RIM will be here waiting.
    Yes, RIM's CEO will be standing by the Red Phone, awaiting his call.
    06-15-10 11:36 AM
    You know. I care about the people leaving. And I like to hear why. You know why, because I see how fast RIM, Apple, etc move to shut down software, videos, pics, etc they don't want posted on sites such as this. Often times in minutes, not days. That tells me they are paying close attention. All these people that post are actually helping to push RIM in the right direction. In my opinion, the closed minded, knuckle draggers who attack like babboons on a stray piece of fruit each time some forum user points out they've had enough and are moving on, are the one's who need to be silenced. You purposely slither into these posts, knowing what you're going to find som you can furiously spit venom blindly at the poster and anyone who agrees with them. And it's actually not really funny at all that I hardly ever, and for some of you never - see you in the help section. Maybe because many of you require so much help yourselves.
    06-15-10 12:34 PM
    You know. I care about the people leaving. And I like to hear why. You know why, because I see how fast RIM, Apple, etc move to shut down software, videos, pics, etc they don't want posted on sites such as this. Often times in minutes, not days. That tells me they are paying close attention. All these people that post are actually helping to push RIM in the right direction. In my opinion, the closed minded, knuckle draggers who attack like babboons on a stray piece of fruit each time some forum user points out they've had enough and are moving on, are the one's who need to be silenced. You purposely slither into these posts, knowing what you're going to find som you can furiously spit venom blindly at the poster and anyone who agrees with them. And it's actually not really funny at all that I hardly ever, and for some of you never - see you in the help section. Maybe because many of you require so much help yourselves.
    They still irritate me, as I know some don't know how to use their devices nor are aware of what they can do. (That may have been a redundant statement but sounded good.) However you've shifted my base opinion - I now view them as a necessary evil. I have yet to see any leaked videos, and I've missed a few pictures, because RIM pulled/shut down whatever was offered before I could ever get to them so I know they're paying attention. I'm just wondering about the hardware requirements more than software though - I came from a 8130 to a 9550, and the difference is phenomenal. I don't find the S2 slow at all. I can't help but think that some of the people moving from BB to different platforms haven't used older, slower devices and are expecting any device to just be instant action with no glitches whatsoever. A pipe dream, to be sure; not even PC's/Macs/Linux boxes run that perfect with bigger hardware.
    So in my opinion, RIM needs to concentrate more on making software that runs as flawlessly as possible, less than Apple/Android, on hardware that's not necessarily bleeding edge, but bug-less and somewhat upgradeable. Most people get 2-year contracts from providers, so getting a device that can be kept fresh for that duration is probably what most customers want. I'm not sure if carriers make more on people jumping ship for the latest and greatest devices or having customers stick it out for the contract length, but I can guess based on my own contract - they'd make more keeping customers for at least 2 years.
    /endramble - back to what I was doing when I got sidtracked.
    06-15-10 01:24 PM
    They still irritate me, as I know some don't know how to use their devices nor are aware of what they can do. (That may have been a redundant statement but sounded good.) However you've shifted my base opinion - I now view them as a necessary evil. I have yet to see any leaked videos, and I've missed a few pictures, because RIM pulled/shut down whatever was offered before I could ever get to them so I know they're paying attention. I'm just wondering about the hardware requirements more than software though - I came from a 8130 to a 9550, and the difference is phenomenal. I don't find the S2 slow at all. I can't help but think that some of the people moving from BB to different platforms haven't used older, slower devices and are expecting any device to just be instant action with no glitches whatsoever. A pipe dream, to be sure; not even PC's/Macs/Linux boxes run that perfect with bigger hardware.
    So in my opinion, RIM needs to concentrate more on making software that runs as flawlessly as possible, less than Apple/Android, on hardware that's not necessarily bleeding edge, but bug-less and somewhat upgradeable. Most people get 2-year contracts from providers, so getting a device that can be kept fresh for that duration is probably what most customers want. I'm not sure if carriers make more on people jumping ship for the latest and greatest devices or having customers stick it out for the contract length, but I can guess based on my own contract - they'd make more keeping customers for at least 2 years.
    /endramble - back to what I was doing when I got sidtracked.
    Don't forget, even though the contract with Verizon is for 2 years, you are eligible for a discount on a new phone after 12 months.
    06-15-10 01:31 PM
    Don't forget, even though the contract with Verizon is for 2 years, you are eligible for a discount on a new phone after 12 months.
    Oh I know; it's just a bigger discount if you wait 20 months. I was doing so much research into getting the right device for the next two years that friends and family gave me enough VZW gift cards that, with the NE2 and new contract pricing, I got my S2 for free. Good things come to those who wait.
    06-15-10 01:49 PM
    Oh I know; it's just a bigger discount if you wait 20 months. I was doing so much research into getting the right device for the next two years that friends and family gave me enough VZW gift cards that, with the NE2 and new contract pricing, I got my S2 for free. Good things come to those who wait.
    the cost difference is negligible when you factor into the equation all the monthly costs. I'd never wait a full two years if some new fantastic phone caught my fancy at the 12-month point. (Not that I'm unhappy with my S2--I have no plans to switch to a non-BB phone when my 1 year is up)
    06-15-10 01:56 PM
    Good for you... Good-bye

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-10 03:15 PM
    Best thing about the Iphone, or android , is you have Apps, at least. Useful apps, I know everyone loves to say how useless the apps are, they are wrong.

Android had a lot of great apps I dearly miss, Google Sky maps , where I could see stars based on my gps location , was great.

Both apple and google have an ad network for apps meaning that normal pay for apps, are now free. Thats something blackberry lacks, the apps for black berry suck and are extremely over priced.

I have yet to find an app for blackberry similar to neomusic on android, where I can see top 50 music and directly download the mp3 to my playlist

You will love the browser, compared to the garbage that is on the blackberry. No idea why I have a $30 monthly data plan, the phone can't really utilize it.

The only 1 reason I have a storm 2 is because it is cdma and has a gsm radio/sim slot , making it a true world phone.
    06-15-10 03:24 PM
    Congrats, really.
    06-15-10 03:25 PM
102 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD