I've had a problem with WeatherBug with the last two OS installs (.103 and .109) but it was fine on my previous install (.99). When I had .103 I tried removing it and reinstalling it and that didn't work. Whenever I click on the WeatherBug icon on my homescreen the screen just goes white and then when I try to press the back button or something to get something to happen then the switch applications menu opens and then its stuck there. I use WeatherBug a lot and I'm really missing the use of this application, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
    02-23-09 07:07 PM
    Do You Have Blackberry Maps? Weather Needs This To Work.
    02-23-09 07:32 PM
    I've had a problem with WeatherBug with the last two OS installs (.103 and .109) but it was fine on my previous install (.99). When I had .103 I tried removing it and reinstalling it and that didn't work. Whenever I click on the WeatherBug icon on my homescreen the screen just goes white and then when I try to press the back button or something to get something to happen then the switch applications menu opens and then its stuck there. I use WeatherBug a lot and I'm really missing the use of this application, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
    As the Beta's progress the script that was writen for weather bug and many other 3rd party apps is falling further and further behind on their script. As this happens you will find that many of the third party apps may now create havoc with your device...

My .02 worth
    02-23-09 07:39 PM
    This is the answer. you have removed bb maps. the same thing happened to me. (i thought i could save space by deleting apps i didnt want or need)
    02-23-09 07:44 PM
    Yeah I learned this one the hard way. I deleted BB Maps the day Google Maps was released with working GPS for the storm and everytime I would click on weatherbug my storm would hard lock and I would have to pull the battery to get it to work again.
    02-23-09 07:52 PM
    this issue has already been addressed in forums. try doing a search next time first.
    02-23-09 09:08 PM
    ...everytime I would click on weatherbug my storm would hard lock and I would have to pull the battery to get it to work again.
    Yep, that's exactly what happened...

Thanks for being so quick to respond guys.
    Sorry about not doing a search... I read a lot on here but don't really post... no excuse really but... I hadn't seen anything about this particular problem before and was unaware Weatherbug required BB Maps. Good to know!

Thanks again!
    02-23-09 09:32 PM
    how do i get bb maps back on my phone after i deleted it?
    02-23-09 09:34 PM
    how do i get bb maps back on my phone after i deleted it?
    you should be able to load it back through the desktop manager.
    02-24-09 01:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD