So I just came from a curve to a storm about a week ago. So far, I've gone from loving the storm, to wanting to go back to the curve, to a sort of acceptance of the storm... However, there's a few things I'm having issues with, and hopefully someone can help me out with them...

When I send a text message, I keep getting a weird text response back. It's not that I send a lot of texts, but it's just a weird thing..
    //BREW:0104F4BC:OZMAILCI=4E5EEE9BA7E5B491A4C18A4F194 AC081 MC=1
    That's the message it gives me, in the form of a text message. What's it for, and how to I stop it?

Other than that, it's just the same typical things I've seen on this site... Slow response, no response, etc.
    02-12-09 09:45 PM
    I just asked that in 3rd party apps. You must have had mobile e-mail (I did... Had the voyager). On your old phone, remember how it would notify you of the new message? That is what that is. It will clear up in 2-5 days. Mine did it in 2. Hope it helps.
    02-12-09 10:26 PM
    superman417 is correct.
    02-12-09 10:29 PM
    It's strange that you are seeing this message coming from the curve to the storm. The message that you are currently seeing is a brew message. The brew system on verizon is used by the dumbphones and not smartphones like the curve and storm. The reason it displays this way is that bbs don't understand the brew extension. In the message I noticed that it says OZMAILCI, this is associated with the verizon notification system. This specific message is usually associated with the mobile email for dumbphones. If you have switched from a dumbphone recently and was using the mobile email app this could be the problem. The reason I say this is because the mobile email app sends texts to your phone notifying the user of new mail.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 10:33 PM
    Not only mobile email uses the brew system. Weather apps, for instance use them sometimes.

To the OP, did you have any apps, or services on your Curve that you don't on your Storm? You can try a download block on your account. Other than that, waiting is the game you'll play.

I had the same thing happen, but it was from Dare to Curve.
    02-12-09 10:38 PM
    That is true that many other apps use the brew system but since the message contains the OZMAILCI it means that it is the notification system from mobile email. The other apps will just list \\BREW:followed by a series of numbers and letters without the OZMAILCI and MC=.

Here's a little trick to try on your blackberry. Dial #4357* in the phone app and scroll to the bottom of the screen, you will see BREW: not supported, showing that the storm for verizon doesn't use brew. I have tried this on my friends verizon curve and it shows the same thing. So it couldn't have been an app from the curve that was causing the problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 11:09 PM
    blackberry's use J2ME which is completely different than BREW. BREW does not run on any BB that uses j2me (you would have to go back to the original BB's to find BB's that didnt run off j2me, and even then i dobut they ran BREW)

some how something got associated with your number, i would call verizon, i am sure they can find it and rremove it.
    02-12-09 11:43 PM
    Simple answer:
    Did you use an IM client on a BREW based phone?

I got a similiar message whenever I logged out from Yahoo Instant Messager from my laptop and had it set to log me into my mobile device.
    02-13-09 12:51 AM
    Thanks for the help. I'll check my account and see if they have mobile email or something. I've not downloaded any apps to the storm yet, and the only downloads I've done have been a wallpaper off this site. We'll see if ti clears itself up.
    Thanks again.
    02-13-09 08:13 AM
    Have spoke extensively with Verizon in person and on the phone (phone support was tier 3 data support) In person a gentleman knew how to get rid of it but did not have the proper clearance to do so on their in house computer system. When i spoke to Aaron the tier 3 tech on the phone he had no idea what i was talking about. Today i called back and asked them to place a block on receiving text messages from the number so we will see if it works. unfortunately they can only hold the block on the number for 90 days. so it may get annoying if every three months i need to phone back to keep having the number blocked. other than that, i have seen in other threads that people just reactivate their old phones and delete any GET IT NOW app connections to that phone then reactivate their new BB. It seems to have worked for them. I have yet to try it.
    08-19-09 08:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD