dont feel bad. ive just recently upgraded my camera equipment.
    12-23-08 01:45 AM

I guess that's what I get for referencing such an antiquated bit of technology.

**sigh** I guess this means I'm getting old!
    yeah your dating yourself
    12-23-08 02:39 AM
    lol funny.
    12-23-08 02:42 AM
    Looks like a twig and berries
    OO
    Ha!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

12-23-08 02:42 AM
    You have to go to your voicemail and turn off the notification then turn it back on. It's a network glitch not the phone.
    12-23-08 02:44 AM
    it means the govt is recording your every move on the storm.
    LMAO....

Don't scare the kid....next thing you know there will be cheap on on ebay...hmmmm...nevermind..I could always use a spare....
    12-23-08 03:17 AM
    [QUOTE=Jermo;1223401]so under neath the time/date, there's a 1 and then something that looks like o_o

That little icon that looks like a casette tape is a message from your flicker app. go in delete the message and it will disappear.
    01-19-09 06:33 PM
    I thought it was just a message in your box saying you have voicemail. If you go into your message folder, click on the message that says you have a new voice message and it should go away.
    01-19-09 07:04 PM
    Just clear your voicemail count. Go to Messaging Options and select "clear VM count". If that doesn't work, a battery pull may be in order. If THAT doesn't work, you can call *228 and it should reprogram your phone. You don't lose any information or risk bricking your phone. It just programs your phone to make sure its main function is fulfilled: being a phone.
    01-19-09 07:41 PM
    I dunno about everyone else, but on my phone when I have a voicemail there is a little blue man, not a recorder lookin thing....
    01-19-09 08:04 PM
    Its a nice way to eat up bandwidth .I'm sure crackberry is real thrilled
    01-19-09 09:53 PM
    I had that symbol waaay back when I had Visual Voice Mail. The only way I could make it go away was to call Verizon and cancel VVM

01-20-09 12:05 AM
    I have this on mine too, been meaning to ask. Except I have 2 o_o. All voicemails, messages, etc read.
    01-20-09 12:28 AM
    if you've already checked your VM and the symbol won't go away. Try calling your phone from another phone and leaving yourself a voicemail. Then check and delete that message. That should take care of it.
    01-20-09 11:35 AM
    if you've already checked your VM and the symbol won't go away. Try calling your phone from another phone and leaving yourself a voicemail. Then check and delete that message. That should take care of it.
    wow...you are gorgeous
    01-20-09 12:10 PM
    wow...you are gorgeous
    hahaha. Well thank you
    01-21-09 06:47 AM
    I just did a CaptureIt of the image you're referring to:

What does the icon below 1XEV mean? I cant find that anywhere in a manual. I have also searched this forum and the BB site.
    01-21-09 08:27 AM
    Haha voicemail symbol.....did we not read the manual?!
    01-21-09 08:28 AM
    What does the icon below 1XEV mean? I cant find that anywhere in a manual. I have also searched this forum and the BB site.
    It means you are receiving GPS signal. The spy satellites are watching you.
    Last edited by acherman; 01-21-09 at 08:48 AM.
    01-21-09 08:45 AM
    I know some others have stated the issue with the visual voice mail and that's what it is alright. I showed 1 voice mail after everything was cleared out/erased from my voice mail box. I did a battery pull countless times, called Verizon...and only after almost 2 hours of unsuccessful help from their tech to remove the icon I had to wipe the phone. Even after they removed VVM did the icon stay!

Here's what the tech said caused the problem:
    She said that when I "activated" or "signed up" for Visual Voice Mail I had 1 message in my in box. Because of THAT it was there to stay. SO, before you install/activate/whatever Visual Voice Mail, you have to erase all saved/new messages in your voice mail box, AND exit your voice mail by pressing the * key - NOT by just hanging up.

Then it should work correctly. However, given that explanation - I have not had the desire to retry.

:P
    01-21-09 10:18 AM
    I have one under the date that looks like a small "t", with a "*" just above it to the right, and a number that is incrementing. I figured it was some kind of message counter, but all but a few saved messages have been deleted.

What is that?
    02-08-09 05:48 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD