the originating # is 118012222269

the message says: //BREW:0104F4BC:OZMAILCI={random numbers and letters}

What or where is this from?
    11-23-08 04:03 PM
    You need to call CS and have a tech file a trouble ticket because you have an application, such as Mobile Email that has to be removed.
    11-23-08 04:13 PM
    11-23-08 04:13 PM
    THanks jason. I know what the problem is after reading through that link, but I have no clue how to fix it now.

I had a Voyager before I got the Storm. I just signed up with VZ about 3 weeks ago and got the Voyager then. I set up my mobile email on there and there was a setting to get an alert when a new message arrived.

This sms Im getting is the alert that I got before on my Voyager, only its coming through as a text to my Storm. According to that link you posted, a person would have to have their old phone re-activated, disable that option, then re-activate the BB.

The problem is I returned the Voyager to get the Storm so I cant re-activate that phone to disable that option. So what the heck am I suppose to do? Just put up with this sms every time?
    11-23-08 04:35 PM
    You need to call CS and have a tech file a trouble ticket because you have an application, such as Mobile Email that has to be removed.
    THanks jason. I know what the problem is after reading through that link, but I have no clue how to fix it now.

I had a Voyager before I got the Storm. I just signed up with VZ about 3 weeks ago and got the Voyager then. I set up my mobile email on there and there was a setting to get an alert when a new message arrived.

This sms Im getting is the alert that I got before on my Voyager, only its coming through as a text to my Storm. According to that link you posted, a person would have to have their old phone re-activated, disable that option, then re-activate the BB.

The problem is I returned the Voyager to get the Storm so I cant re-activate that phone to disable that option. So what the heck am I suppose to do? Just put up with this sms every time?
    You will have to call unfortunately...make sure you talk to someone in the blackberry department...follow prompts for tech support, blackberry, email issues.
    11-23-08 04:40 PM
    i've had the same issue for 3 months now with my Curve. AFAIK i removed all text news alerts and VCast alerts prior to switching to my BlackBerry.

However i am still getting the text from BREW. i haven't resolved it yet. i've tried everything i could think of.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/text...22247-a-81475/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 04:44 PM

I'm a BB addict, and also work for VZW. I really meant you need to contact CS and transfer to tech support to open a trouble ticket. This will take about 48 hours to resolve, but it will be resolved. Its the mobile email application you put on your Voyager that is the problem.
    11-23-08 04:45 PM
    I'm a BB addict, and also work for VZW. I really meant you need to contact CS and transfer to tech support to open a trouble ticket. This will take about 48 hours to resolve, but it will be resolved. Its the mobile email application you put on your Voyager that is the problem.
    this is excatly correct! thank you so much! i finally called VZW tech support and told her i didn't ahve any SMS or vcast alerts set up and told her what i thought it was!

it WAS a mobile email alert from my env. she said when adding the BIS the system does not automatically drop that alert and it's still associated with the mobile number.

there isn't a way to turn that alert off, after the fact, after you have your blackberry. she cancelled it and said it may take up to 48 hours just like you said!

thanks again, Vulcan500Rider and voodoodaddy and jason1332 !
    Last edited by chrisy520; 11-25-08 at 04:39 PM.
    11-25-08 04:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD