Gentlemen, I come seeking assistance...

My Blackberry Storm is going through some issues, well actually only one, charging...When I plug it into the wall, using the OE charger, the little lighting bolt comes on but the phone will not charge, just stays at the same level....however, when using my USB and charging through my computer or laptop, it charges with no problem.....any thoughts??
    06-04-09 11:15 AM
    I have heard of that happening on some models. It only happens to mine if I let it get down past automatic radio off. Take it in to VZ and request a new charger and or battery.
    06-04-09 11:30 AM

My Blackberry Storm is going through some issues, well actually only one, charging...When I plug it into the wall, using the OE charger, the little lighting bolt comes on but the phone will not charge, just stays at the same level....however, when using my USB and charging through my computer or laptop, it charges with no problem.....any thoughts??
    OMG!!! how weird is this. that happen to me last night!!! pluged in and thought it was charging, woke up this morning and battery was still dead. Got into work and plugged into USB and it worked!!!
    06-04-09 11:47 AM
    Was the battery VERY low? On some of my former models, I had found that I can resolve this issue (when my battery gets down to almost nothing), but shutting it off before I plug it in and allow it to charge for 20-30 min before I power back on.
    06-04-09 11:51 AM

um..."Gentlemen"? were you being tongue in cheek, or making the false assumption that no women have Storms or post on these forums?
    06-04-09 11:53 AM
    Yes yes, I am sure his intent was to insult women....

On the original subject. I have run into this as well. Seems to be some type of issue with the wall charger, or the way it works. I can always charge on USB or car charger, but if I let the power drop too low, the wall charger will not work. I need to try powering it off, so I cannot validate that option.
    06-04-09 12:16 PM
    Sorry....Ladies and Gentlemen....better now?

I have a new battery coming in today so I will see what happens....
    06-04-09 12:24 PM
    Resolved in some cases by battery pull (w/device on) &/or clock > menu > options > clock > when charging > do nothing.
    06-04-09 02:00 PM
    There might not be many ladies on this forum but sometimes it seems like there are even fewer gentlemen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-09 02:40 PM
    Lol sharkz.

Mine is doing the same thing. I power mine down at night and my battery is usually 50% when this happens. Wake up the next, tuen it on - still at 50%. Grrrrrr

Will call them on it. Thanks.

06-04-09 02:43 PM
    I always have this problem:

When I shut down the device holding the red hang-up button and plug in the wall charger as I'm shutting down, it NEVER charges. The status indicator light might go on while it's on during shutdown, but then turns off when the device is completely off.

I have to unplug then plug it back in in order to get the charging started while it's off.

I wish they would fix this, but I'm not sure if it's software or hardware specific issue.
    Last edited by Kamika007z; 06-04-09 at 03:20 PM.
    06-04-09 03:18 PM
    The wall chargers have a pretty lousy reliability reputation from what I've seen and heard. The problem is the voltage regulation with these switch-mode wall bricks, and the relatively limited current capacity. If it doesnt charge at all, take it back for sure. If it is slow or has trouble charging from low battery (when the charge current is higher) try turning off the clock when charging (so the screen turns off). I have noticed it charges a lot faster for me with it off, both via USB and wall brick.
    Last edited by jeffmeden; 06-04-09 at 03:59 PM. Reason: punctuation
    06-04-09 03:59 PM
    Oh no. Ash0479 is. Is. A SPY!!! Watch out!

06-04-09 05:00 PM
    SPY?

Please confirm what you are talking about
    06-04-09 05:08 PM
    Team fortress 2. Lol

the spy character calls everyone "Gentlemen"
    06-04-09 05:09 PM
    mine has done this since the beginning.
    i never went in to complain tho.

i havent found anything that has fixed it yet.
    06-04-09 05:10 PM
    I am also losing my mind with this sporadic issue where I plug the phone to the wall charger only to find it did not increase the battery level but simply maintained whatever charge it had at the time I plug it in. I can see the meterberry logs and see the logs show the same percentage in a span of several hours.

By the way, I have 2 different wall chargers and 3 different batteries and it happens all the time. The only thing that seems to prevent the issue is to pull the battery before I charge it but that is a huge pain in the neck.

06-18-09 09:00 PM
    Same thing just happened to my wife, she had it charging for 4 hours to find it still dead. Had her do a battery pull, and while it was turning on, plug in the wall charger. That did the trick. Sucks to have to worry about it though. should just plug it in and be good to go.
    06-18-09 09:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD