Ok so I am going to try to explain this the best that I can. and for the record i did a search to the best of my ability and came up empty. so...i have a weird issue with my notifications. for example lets say that I have my text message notification set to Tone A...if i am touching the phone like typing a message or something and i get a text message instead of getting Tone A i will get random Tone X. And it doesn't only happen for text messages. It also happens with bbm, emails, ringtones, twitter, etc. ( Hope I explained this in a way people can understand.) I have no idea what the issues is i have checked all my notification settings and haven't been able to find anything. it may be a defect in the phone that I am just stuck with since i brought the phone off of ebay. Everything else on the phone works perfectly. I just have this one issue that is bothering me. Hope someone has an idea as to how to fix this.
    04-25-10 09:24 PM
    Maybe you have the in holster/out of holster feature on when setting the alert.
    04-25-10 09:27 PM
    I already checked those settings and that didn't seem to be the problem but I will look again just in case i missed something.
    04-25-10 09:32 PM
    Having the same problem. Talked to Verizon today. Here is the thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/ne...-issue-450702/
    04-25-10 10:21 PM
    I've experienced this since my Storm 1. To be honest, I've just gotten used to it. I've just assumed that my activity (such as typing, etc) "confuses" the software and causes the weird tone glitch.

Doesn't really bother me, since it only happens when I'm doing other stuff on it, so it's not too much of a chore to use my powers of deduction to figure out what kind of message just arrived, as I'm obviously already holding the device in my hands.
    04-25-10 11:13 PM
    had it happen to me ever since i got the phone...no matter what OS is installed. leads me to believe its a hardware issue.
    04-26-10 08:47 AM
    Ive had this issue on a few different OS's. I know the profile settings need to be individually set as well.
    04-26-10 09:01 AM
    I didn't think this was a problem, but may be it is. I notice that if I am writing an email/text etc, and I get an email/text notification during, the ring tone I hear is just the stock/default one. But the ring tone(s) I have selected will chime when I am not. I just figured this was normal.
    04-26-10 09:05 AM
    had it happen to me ever since i got the phone...no matter what OS is installed. leads me to believe its a hardware issue.
    Same here...
    04-26-10 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD