so my phone went to sleep (black screen) and then I lifted it up and a lightning image flashed. However, there isn't a lightning image in my sample list. Is that a screen saver that I just havent seen because I told my screen to go black after 5 seconds?
    11-22-08 10:06 PM
    idk .. i have never seen the lighting .. hmmm.. weird ..
    11-22-08 10:07 PM
    I have my home screen as one of my photos I took. When I hit lock, it disappears and I see part of the purple lighting in its place for a sec. Weird lol
    11-22-08 10:11 PM
    Mine showed part of it under the home screen buttons when pressed one a few occasions. Then coming out of unlock it showed the full image. So I'm guessing its in the phone somewhere.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-09 12:59 PM
    It's kind of like the hourglass when you're waiting for something. Somtimes it shows and sometimes it doesn't.
    01-27-09 01:04 PM
    Its part of the only theme available for the Storm. I've seen it too.
    BB > Options > Theme - and there it is...
    01-27-09 01:04 PM
    so my phone went to sleep (black screen) and then I lifted it up and a lightning image flashed. However, there isn't a lightning image in my sample list. Is that a screen saver that I just havent seen because I told my screen to go black after 5 seconds?
    yeah...that happened to me a few times too. really weird...
    01-27-09 01:18 PM
    I got both. The image as one of my buttons, and as the wallpaper. I have no idea what it's doing.
    01-27-09 01:21 PM
    Same here. Every so often i will have that image appear.
    01-27-09 01:21 PM
    Yes, this has been a common experience since the Storm was released. Its completely random....I believe the lightening bolt is part of the native theme on the product released by RIM (as noted above u can find it as the Theme for the Storm on the device) to the various service providers, each then replaced the lightening bolt image with their own Brand specific background onto the devices they sold....something in the code creating glimpses of the phantom native lightening bolt image.
    Last edited by bg0508; 01-27-09 at 01:53 PM.
    01-27-09 01:51 PM
    been a million posts on this. yep everyone see's it on occasion
    01-27-09 01:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD