Ok, so i have a curve 8900 and a hijacked storm for my ATT service. Will the Storm 2 weigh 10lbs just like the 1st one. I mean seriously can they make it weight a hair less than an acme brick. And does anyone know if the visual voicemail will work on this one if its hijacked to a different service? Thanks.,
    09-12-09 04:22 PM
    No. The Storm 2 is a little smaller than and weighs less than the original.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-09 04:26 PM
    Ok, so i have a curve 8900 and a hijacked storm for my ATT service. Will the Storm 2 weigh 10lbs just like the 1st one. I mean seriously can they make it weight a hair less than an acme brick. And does anyone know if the visual voicemail will work on this one if its hijacked to a different service? Thanks.,
    Hijacked?? hehehe and it looks alot... not heavy :S not as heavy as the storm but it is heavy xD
    09-12-09 05:13 PM
    i sure hope so, the weight is really the only big downside i seen in the storm. anyone know about the visual voicemail? i tried the app from this web site but its pretty junky..
    09-12-09 05:32 PM
    i sure hope so, the weight is really the only big downside i seen in the storm. anyone know about the visual voicemail? i tried the app from this web site but its pretty junky..
    Try YouMail. or vymail.
    09-12-09 05:38 PM
    If you think the storm 1 is a heavy phone lug around a bold for a day lol.
    I agree completely. After all, you're not talking about a laptop that you're lugging around. Naturally, as is the case with all else, this is going to be a matter of personal preference...which i can certainly understand. Still, weight between devices has to be, what, a few ounces? With all the issues that plagued S1 from release, it's difficult to believe this would be "this" would be a sticking point.
    09-14-09 02:05 PM
    I want mines to be heavy. That way if I am out in the city (Baltimore City) and I'm about to get jumped, I can take my sock off and put the storm 2 in it and use it as a mace. LOL
    09-14-09 06:23 PM
    Thanks to Kevin for the weigh in!
    The Storm is only about 10 grams heavier than the IPhone which is about the weight of two quarters.
    I can live with that!
    And the difference in the Tour and the Storm is about the same 10-20 grams, so either one is to the heavier side but no worse than my 8830.
    Works for me!
    09-14-09 06:39 PM
    I actually like the fact the Storm is heavier. I switched back to the Storm from the Tour because the Tour felt cheap and I think the storm feels more solid. I like the heavier phones, I hope the Storm2 is just as heavy.
    09-14-09 07:15 PM
    I actually like the fact the Storm is heavier. I switched back to the Storm from the Tour because the Tour felt cheap and I think the storm feels more solid. I like the heavier phones, I hope the Storm2 is just as heavy.
    I also love heavy phones they feel like gold
    09-14-09 08:38 PM

Are you sure about that? lol
    09-14-09 09:54 PM

I'm confused . I read this on the homepage today:

The original BlackBerry Storm 9530/9500 is a hefty device, so many have been hoping that the Storm 9550/9520 would weigh (a lot) less. The scale doesn't lie though, and by the looks of things the new Storm is just as heavy -- maybe even heavier by a gram or two
    09-14-09 09:55 PM
    The Odin is actually weightless duhhh
    09-14-09 09:57 PM
    If you think the storm 1 is a heavy phone lug around a bold for a day lol.
    Unless the scale is the blog article is wrong, the Bold is actually lighter.
    09-14-09 10:11 PM
    So i guess the storm 2 wasy less than storm1
    09-14-09 11:47 PM
    So i guess the storm 2 wasy less than storm1
    no, storm 2 weighs more then storm 1
    09-15-09 09:02 AM
    Def to each his own. Im on my curve 8900 or storm for about 4000 minutes a month and the heavy phone is a pain but if its as cool as it should be then we will see.
    09-15-09 09:54 PM
    Def to each his own. Im on my curve 8900 or storm for about 4000 minutes a month and the heavy phone is a pain but if its as cool as it should be then we will see.
    Bluetooth Headset! Gods gift to heavy cell phone users! I use a Jawbone and wouldn't leave home without it!
    09-15-09 10:02 PM
    I dont mind a heavy phone, I just dont like a "big" phone. Heavy gives off a sense of ... quality
    09-15-09 10:28 PM
    What they didn't tell you is that the S2 weighs more when the screen is off, but when it's on, it weights less.

Something to do with piezo technology and anti-gravitational generated fields... Card Storm can explain more.
    09-15-09 11:05 PM
    What they didn't tell you is that the S2 weighs more when the screen is off, but when it's on, it weights less.

Something to do with piezo technology and anti-gravitational generated fields... Card Storm can explain more.
    LMAO!
    09-15-09 11:19 PM
    Minimal difference in weight between the Storm 1 and Storm 2 IMHO. If those are the true weights, I'm fine with it. Then again, pre-production units aren't always the same as final production units. Sometimes they will substitute plastic for metal etc. to save money, and that would bring the weight down a tad too theoretically.

Personally, if it's anywhere close to the Storm 1 in weight it will be fine with me. Holding an iPhone in my hands the combo of it's somewhat lighter weight and it's soft touch typing always makes me worried that I'm going to accidently drop it; but that's probably just me. I'm sure I would get used to it in time. But personally, I prefer enough weight (and a nice gripping hard case) to hold it more comfortably in my hand.

If I were going to nitpick the design, it would be for more screen space on the front of the phone, not it's weight.
    09-15-09 11:27 PM
    well, if you guys look on the front page of crackberry, Keven got digital scales now! Clearly the storm 2 is heavier then storm 1 without question
    09-16-09 08:11 AM

there goes my coffee all over the screen...

but yeah, i don't mind the added weight since the overall dimensions seem to be smaller.
    09-16-09 08:45 AM
    Minimal difference in weight between the Storm 1 and Storm 2 IMHO. If those are the true weights, I'm fine with it. Then again, pre-production units aren't always the same as final production units. Sometimes they will substitute plastic for metal etc. to save money, and that would bring the weight down a tad too theoretically.

Personally, if it's anywhere close to the Storm 1 in weight it will be fine with me. Holding an iPhone in my hands the combo of it's somewhat lighter weight and it's soft touch typing always makes me worried that I'm going to accidently drop it; but that's probably just me. I'm sure I would get used to it in time. But personally, I prefer enough weight (and a nice gripping hard case) to hold it more comfortably in my hand.

If I were going to nitpick the design, it would be for more screen space on the front of the phone, not it's weight.
    Bingo. I just got out of a meeting and the higher-ups are extremely peeved about Kevin's scale blog. They said the designers assured them that the weight would be less because "it's smaller and feels lighter", but apparently it's not. What they decided to do now is replace the metal battery door with a plastic one to bring the weight down. Inturn the new dinky plastic battery door will be loose on the release day units (just like the Tour), the new door will also intruduce a clicking issue because of lack of support that the metal door provided. All in all, the execs have found another way to botch a new BB model coming out. Yey!

(obviously this is a joke, but it wouldn't be far from the truth sometimes)
    09-16-09 09:58 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD