You know what, the S1 weighs way too much. my hands do get tired sometime, or quite annoyed i should say. it would be nice to know the weight of the new phone....should be significantly lighter considering there is no click or extra bracing to keep the phone from snapping in half after you put a business card ontop of the battery so that the screen clicks normally......
    05-21-09 03:41 PM
    You cant bear to lift five ounces?

How do you eat?
    05-21-09 05:10 PM
    You cant bear to lift five ounces?

How do you eat?
    Made me laugh.
    05-21-09 05:36 PM
    I think the Storm 1 is too heavy too. It sags in my shirt pocket. The weight of the Curve 83xx was good. I'm gonna cross my fingers and say that the Storm 2 will be lighter by a wee bit since it appears a bit thinner in the pictures.
    Last edited by vdiesel; 05-21-09 at 06:12 PM.
    05-21-09 06:09 PM
    I think the Storm 1 is too heavy too. It sags in my shirt pocket. The weight of the Curve 83xx was good. I'm gonna cross my fingers and say that the Storm 2 will be lighter by a wee bit since it appears a bit thinner in the pictures.
    Off the top of my head, i recall them saying in the initial Hands-on Review that it was heftier. I'm with you though, it's definitely a brick in any pocket.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-09 12:58 PM
    The weight of the test unit Storm 2 was reported to be "heftier" than the Storm 1, so I think it'll be getting heavier, not lighter.
    05-25-09 01:07 PM
    It doesn't bother me to be honest...it's whatever.

I care more about having a phone that does what I want it to do rather than just carrying around a feather.
    05-25-09 01:54 PM
    Do some more 12oz curls, it will make the storm seem light as a feather!!!
    05-25-09 04:37 PM
    the phone weighs about 6 ounces
    05-25-09 05:41 PM
    It doesn't bother me to be honest...it's whatever.

I care more about having a phone that does what I want it to do rather than just carrying around a feather.
    ya me to... its not like its 5 pounds vs 5 oz... 5 oz isnt really much at all...
    05-25-09 09:49 PM
    Ya, I like the weight of the Storm. Sort of like a nice watch that has a good weight to it, a device with some heft seems higher in quality and worth the $.
    05-25-09 10:19 PM
    to quote Jurassic Park

"Is it heavy?"
    -kid looks at night vision binoculars-
    "....yeah."
    "Then its probably expensive, put them down."

poor goat
    05-26-09 02:29 AM
    I think if it's sagging in your shirt pocket, it might be the combo of the Pen Holder/pocket protector and the storm....Try only the storm....
    05-26-09 07:12 AM
    Ya, I like the weight of the Storm. Sort of like a nice watch that has a good weight to it, a device with some heft seems higher in quality and worth the $.
    I agree...I like to know I've got something in my hand! SIZE does matter and if the new Storm has to weight a little more because it may be a little bigger, so be it. I also agree with the shirt pocket though...I hate when it sags.
    05-26-09 01:55 PM
    I think if it's sagging in your shirt pocket, it might be the combo of the Pen Holder/pocket protector and the storm....Try only the storm....
    LOL, thats too funny.
    05-26-09 03:10 PM
    Storm 1 weight is just right imo. My friends 8900 is way too light. I like a little heft in my mobile. I hope the 2 remains the same.

05-27-09 02:50 PM
    You know what, the S1 weighs way too much. my hands do get tired sometime, or quite annoyed i should say. it would be nice to know the weight of the new phone....should be significantly lighter considering there is no click or extra bracing to keep the phone from snapping in half after you put a business card ontop of the battery so that the screen clicks normally......
    Well, that is an OPINION.

Fact is every object has weight and with the solid frame of the Storm and its glass screen as well as the internal components being necessary, we get its weight.

I prefer a device with heft. But then I am quite strong. Maybe you should work out a bit, J/K
    05-28-09 12:55 PM
    The second storm weighs about the same if not a lil bit more then one..
    05-28-09 01:11 PM
    The second storm weighs about the same if not a lil bit more then one..
    Is that due to the new click aka more button(s) and pressure plates ?
    05-28-09 05:12 PM
    The weight of the phone is fine. It's glass and has a stronger chassis than the 8330. Now if you want them to make the storm out of plastic instead...... I say go find a hole to crawl in and die. But hey, that's just me.
    05-28-09 05:23 PM
    haha, the storm is slow
    Um, what does speed or lack thereof have to do with its weight? Its a phone, not a car...

05-28-09 08:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD