Just wanted to know for all of you that uses the Storm to do a lot of web surfing... Do most or even all non-flash sites look exactly what it would appear on a PC?
    I'm having a hard time deciding between the Storm and the new 9630 that should be released later this year. And having access to unlimited data usage, it would definitely be a great advantage with the Storm web browser. It's just that I haven't got a chance to play with one that's activated to have a better idea.
    03-21-09 03:10 PM
    it's cool for looking stuff up.. or if yoru bored...
    but NOT a good only web browser..
    03-21-09 03:11 PM
    To answer your question: yes, you can get the full site of every site if you want. However, mobile versions often load much quicker. But full sites are available. And to address xxfire's statement, the native BlackBerry browser is very slow, but that is primarily because of page rendering. Various other browsers (like Opera Mini) are much more capable of rendering pages more quickly.
    03-21-09 03:15 PM
    It's great for web browsing, imo.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-09 03:16 PM
    i DO ALOT OF WEB SURFING, AND ITS awesome, i definetely think you should do your homework though, because if all you want is web browsing theres alot of phones out there, with web browsing that is cheaper than the storm,
    03-21-09 03:23 PM
    yeah its great
    03-21-09 03:25 PM
    I have a laptop sitting right next to me most of the time and I don't even open it. Unless I'm doing banking or have a lot of info to look at this storm is great!

03-21-09 03:25 PM
    To answer your question: yes, you can get the full site of every site if you want. However, mobile versions often load much quicker. But full sites are available. And to address xxfire's statement, the native BlackBerry browser is very slow, but that is primarily because of page rendering. Various other browsers (like Opera Mini) are much more capable of rendering pages more quickly.
    I definitely agree on the slow rendering...especially on graphics heavy pages. I'm going looking for opera mini when I get home tonight.
    03-21-09 04:21 PM
    Thanks for all the replies!
    Well the main reason why I'm looking to stick to the BB is that I'll be using that for work(and outside of work as well). And the main thing that draws me to the Storm is the multimedia side of it. I guess I have more time to decide.
    03-22-09 11:28 AM
    I have a laptop sitting right next to me most of the time and I don't even open it. Unless I'm doing banking or have a lot of info to look at this storm is great!

I don't know what everyone is talking about? To load a page on my Storm, Crackberry for example, it takes about 60 to 90 seconds. The same page on my laptop takes about 5 to 10 seconds. I have downloaded speedtest on my Storm and it shows 350 to 420 kbps speed consistently. How can anyone even use this Storm to access the web? I am baffled as to all of the accolades being given with regard to web performance on the Storm. When tethered, everything seems to work fast enough to get things accomplished but on its own, the Storm is so slow the screen dims before the page has loaded. I don't care how "media intensive" a page is, it shouldn't take that long to load. Forget third party apps and the like. This thing should work as advertised out of the box.

I really want to like this phone, it just isn't performing for me as I expected.

I'm trying to have reasonable expectations, but browsing the web on this device is BRUTALLY slow. (CNN.com takes 85 seconds!) Is all this excitement about load times like these?
    03-25-09 07:33 PM
    I'm trying to have reasonable expectations, but browsing the web on this device is BRUTALLY slow. (CNN.com takes 85 seconds!) Is all this excitement about load times like these?
    Are you trying to load the full version of CNN's page? When I put in cnn.com, it loads the mobile version in 10-15 seconds.
    03-25-09 08:30 PM
    I don't know what everyone is talking about? To load a page on my Storm, Crackberry for example, it takes about 60 to 90 seconds. The same page on my laptop takes about 5 to 10 seconds. I have downloaded speedtest on my Storm and it shows 350 to 420 kbps speed consistently. How can anyone even use this Storm to access the web? I am baffled as to all of the accolades being given with regard to web performance on the Storm. When tethered, everything seems to work fast enough to get things accomplished but on its own, the Storm is so slow the screen dims before the page has loaded. I don't care how "media intensive" a page is, it shouldn't take that long to load. Forget third party apps and the like. This thing should work as advertised out of the box.

I really want to like this phone, it just isn't performing for me as I expected.

Wow, you have some pent up emotions or what? Tell us how you really feel. My browsing works (and runs) quite fine, actually. The only exception is when I'm at home on my phone, I only manage about 2-3 bars.. weird.
    03-25-09 08:35 PM
    I have had many phones and the only other phone that has a better browser imo is the iphone.
    03-25-09 09:01 PM

are you comparing FULL web pages vs. mobile sites? or full vs. full?
    03-25-09 09:05 PM
    use opera mini its amazing
    03-25-09 09:07 PM
    Stock browser on .75 and its great. No complaints

03-25-09 09:11 PM

Uhhh sure.... I just loaded cnn.com on my phone in 7 seconds.
    03-25-09 09:15 PM
    Uhhh sure.... I just loaded cnn.com on my phone in 7 seconds.
    Then what could the problem be? It just took 78 seconds this time. I'm not loading wap sites. "Full HTML browsing" is one of the biggest selling points right?
    03-25-09 09:22 PM
    i am a senior in college and am constantly on my phone surfin the web, its awesome for killing time because its exactly like the computer, only smaller, and i dont seem to run out my battery as fast as when i surfed on my ipod touch
    03-25-09 09:42 PM
    I got CNN in 9 seconds. Crackberry.com on the other hand takes some time. I use BOLT browser, much faster than stock browser and it renders full pages as they are on your PC.

Going to try Opera Mini tonight.
    03-25-09 10:02 PM
    Then what could the problem be? It just took 78 seconds this time. I'm not loading wap sites. "Full HTML browsing" is one of the biggest selling points right?
    Set your browser back to blackberry instead of internet explorer or firefox. You will find that most pages will load much faster this way.
    Yes and no the phone is capable of full html browsing, however there are mobile websites set up just for mobile html browsing such as m.cnn.com and our favorite here wap.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 10:12 PM
    well how much service do you have...im not trying to sound like a jack a $ $ but if you dont have bars...well you know, and dont take it as me being mean, im just wondering
    03-25-09 10:17 PM
    Opera mini is a must if you surf. It is lightning fast and way better than BB browser. I cant believe how fast it is. Just try it out you'll like it.
    03-25-09 10:52 PM
    i have trouble loading pages at the speeds your talking about. i ways hoping for this awesome product that verizon offers but was let down. when if i use the blackberry browser my battery goes down so quickly. if i use the browser my battery wont last a day. I probably doing something wrong cuz im new so what do i use, and how should i set up my browser to get better speeds?
    03-25-09 10:56 PM
    use opera mini its amazing
    couldn't agree anymore then infamous... that what I'm flossing..

or Bolt , is good as well..... think loads faster then an average 750k on DSL.
    03-25-09 11:00 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD