Just thought I'd share with all of you:

Woke up this morning; alarm blaring, in a haze I reached over to turn off the alarm and accidentally knocked my Storm off the nightstand into a glass of water awaiting on the floor. Now you might be asking what ID10T (wouldn't let me put i d i o t) puts a glass of water on the floor, but I do it because my cats see to be attracted to MY glass of water and only mine, and randomly knock them over so I set it on the floor to avoid them from knocking it over onto my Storm....yeah that worked.

So in a drowsy panic I jumped up, pulled the battery out, grabbed a can of air an proceeded to blast all of the water from my Storm...waited about 2 hrs and placed the batter back in...no problems.

Just thought it would be nice to share a story of resilience about a Storm instead of one of THOSE threads...

Very happy customer here RIM

mR742
    03-25-09 01:41 PM
    Wow... and after only a couple hours ... hopefully nothing will come from it ... Kind of sounds like a "Final Destination" situation for your phone, though
    03-25-09 01:44 PM
    In the future, put that sucker in a bag of uncooked rice and leave it off for at least 24 hours.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 01:45 PM
    In the future, put that sucker in a bag of uncooked rice and leave it off for at least 24 hours.

does that somehow absorb all of the moisture...I do have to admit where the LED indicator is there is some condensation...

Another thing to note is that the 'Water Indicators' did not change color; is it that they have to be wet for a certain amount of time? I thought it was instant.
    03-25-09 01:47 PM
    does that somehow absorb all of the moisture...I do have to admit where the LED indicator is there is some condensation...
    rice does the trick. I have put everything from my BB to an old samsung I dropped in milk into a bag of rice. good looks for having the can of air, I should get one for home, just in case.
    03-25-09 02:05 PM
    You better put that sucker in a bag of rice ASAP.

Any water can still be in there and all it needs is a charge to set it off and shock it and it can fry the insides.
    03-25-09 02:17 PM
    You better put that sucker in a bag of rice ASAP.

Any water can still be in there and all it needs is a charge to set it off and shock it and it can fry the insides.
    Well right now its sitting in a bag with some silica gel packets, about 4 of them...co-worker said the silica absorbs moisture as well....we'll see

Once I get home I will be sure to set it in the bag of rice though, thank you all
    03-25-09 03:27 PM
    Can I make a suggestion? Buy yourself a sports bottle or something to put your water in...lol!
    03-25-09 04:46 PM

Yep,
    That's what I did with wife's ENV that fell into a bucket of water while bartending. First, out came the battery. Then patted it on my pants leg to try and get most of the water out. Then home into a bowl of rice for 30 hours.
    We have seen no ill effects as of yet.
    03-26-09 09:24 AM
    Well right now its sitting in a bag with some silica gel packets, about 4 of them...co-worker said the silica absorbs moisture as well....we'll see
    Let us know. On a guess the silica gel would work, too, but I'm not all about experimenting with mine!
    03-26-09 10:16 AM
    Silica should work too!

03-26-09 10:24 AM
    Mine worked for a little over two weeks before finally going bad. good luck to you
    03-30-09 04:55 PM
    Actually silica gel will work better than rice.
    03-31-09 06:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD