Any new news on the BB maps front? Basically what I want to know is if I enter locations manually and don't use radar, will the app work without it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 05:40 PM
    Anyone going to post some screenshots so the people that asked about the ads can see what's up?
    05-14-09 06:07 PM
    For some reason I can't pick yes or no on enable my location. Can't pick either one. Help?

05-14-09 06:35 PM
    How obnoxious are the ads I am still running the version that is ad free. I hate to give it up, can anyone post a screen shot???

Thanks........
    they change its up at the top where there banner is not a bother to me at all
    05-14-09 06:45 PM
    what is the big deal about bb maps? i have and hide i click on it once in awhile. cant believe you all make a fuss over bb maps.. whats it going to save u a couple mb ohh
    05-14-09 06:46 PM
    Anyone going to post some screenshots so the people that asked about the ads can see what's up?
    Main Screen:

Forecast Screen:

Radar Screen:

BB Menu Screen:

05-14-09 06:53 PM
    i did u can see in mine it has an ad
    05-14-09 07:13 PM
    Any new news on the BB maps front? Basically what I want to know is if I enter locations manually and don't use radar, will the app work without it?

About that BB maps issue^^^ Anyone tried it yet?

05-14-09 09:14 PM
    About that BB maps issue^^^ Anyone tried it yet?

I just tested this for you. I opened up the wb app after deleting bb maps and typed my location in manually. The app will still display the weather without a problem on the main screen, give you the 7 day forecast, you can use the camera feature and get alerts. The only thing that won't work is the radar part. Also it seems that the My Location feature still works without BB Maps. So to answer your question, yes it will work now without bb maps.

05-14-09 10:30 PM
    How obnoxious are the ads I am still running the version that is ad free. I hate to give it up, can anyone post a screen shot???

Thanks........
    You can barely see them. They are at the top and very small.
    05-15-09 12:45 AM
    I hardly even notice the ad is there. New version is much improved imo.

Even though its rain, cold, rain, cold in Scotland
    05-15-09 05:15 AM
    Has anyone noticed that the icon that shows on the home screen is off? Like it showing rain when there is not a cloud in the sky?

Not a big issue since the temperature is more what I like to see on the homescreen but just curious.
    05-15-09 08:13 AM
    Has anyone noticed that the icon that shows on the home screen is off? Like it showing rain when there is not a cloud in the sky?

Not a big issue since the temperature is more what I like to see on the homescreen but just curious.
    The icon is generated by what the weather station is saying the weather is. Don't forget, not all weather stations report the current weather continually, some weather stations send the info at predetermined times. This could be the cause of the difference between the icon/weather on weatherbug and the actual weather.
    05-15-09 08:24 AM
    I noticed this once. I couldn't get it to correct itself so I pulled the battery. Not only did WB update but so did Vymail. Leads me to believe that sometimes even when you have 1XEV, you may be missing connectivity.

05-15-09 08:26 AM
    This new version of weatherbug in combination with Storm Rotation Wizard drained my app memory down to 500 KB in a matter of about 8 hours!

Rebooted, went back to the App World Version, rebooted again, then locked my phone in portrait (homescreen, sms & email, broswer, and calendar). My app memory jumped up a few notches! And is still stable at the moment. That being said, i'm sticking to the App World version of Weatherbug.

I'm running .75 OS currently also...
    05-15-09 11:03 AM
    I just tested this for you. I opened up the wb app after deleting bb maps and typed my location in manually. The app will still display the weather without a problem on the main screen, give you the 7 day forecast, you can use the camera feature and get alerts. The only thing that won't work is the radar part. Also it seems that the My Location feature still works without BB Maps. So to answer your question, yes it will work now without bb maps.

Thx. I'll be deleting BB Maps now...

05-16-09 07:48 AM
    I don't see any big improvements on memory leak

05-17-09 03:40 AM
    Still leaks like a seive and where's the radar???
    05-17-09 09:22 AM
    I've used the updated version for a few days now, I think the memory leak is actually worst, on my phone anyway. Damn, when are they going to get this right?
    05-17-09 07:41 PM
    I have no significant memory loss with this update. Best build yet.
    05-17-09 09:31 PM
    I've used the updated version for a few days now, I think the memory leak is actually worst, on my phone anyway. Damn, when are they going to get this right?
    I went from 40+ to less than 20 in a matter of hours. I dumped Weatherbug and my memory is holding around 30MB. Guess I'll try to download it again next version.
    05-17-09 10:05 PM
    ^ all of you having mem leaks with the new version - please mention what OS you are running...it might be that it works fine with the one official OS and doesn't play well with the betas....
    05-18-09 09:11 AM
    ^ all of you having mem leaks with the new version - please mention what OS you are running...it might be that it works fine with the one official OS and doesn't play well with the betas....
    Runnin .75, dont know if it was the new Weatherbug or Storm Rotation Wizard, but one of em KILLED my memory!
    05-18-09 01:21 PM
    Just downloaded the new weatherbug today, and so far, it worked... then it kinda stopped working.

The icon that's supposed to display the "icon" for whatever the weather is supposed to be, like right now, it should have the t-storm icon up as it's raining, and the hi/low temps of the day, but all that's showing is the weatherbug icon.

I updated the info a few times, and I am getting the info from the local station that I had picked, and I actually get the detailed info, but I cannot get that icon to change back to give me an up to date icon and hi/low temps.

Only thing I changed when I went with this new version from the old is that, I changed the update interval from 30 minutes to 15 minutes.

BTW I am on OS .75
    05-18-09 11:04 PM
    I just downloaded 1.0.0.325, so it appears it is updated again.
    05-21-09 07:01 AM
87 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD