That worked. I appreciate your help ArmaK. I don't get it though. Same exact lettering that was tried from browser. But it worked and I will remember that move. Thanks again.
    I'm glad that you got it installed. It probably looked like you typed the same thing but there probably is a period or something simple that is different. Like I said, it is easy to mess up typing these addresses even if you can recite the address character for character from the top of your head. I find that sending the link in an email usually fixes that problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by ArmaK; 05-14-09 at 03:24 AM.
    05-14-09 03:21 AM
    Here is the WB 1.0.0.301 installation package for app loader. If you still can't get the link to work you can use this to install the latest version of WB.

WeatherBug 1.0.0.301

Thanks, I'll will save this. I know I'll need it in the future.
    05-14-09 03:26 AM
    Whats other peoples opinions on the new version? I think its greatly improved the memory leak!
    05-14-09 03:55 AM
    My 2 favorite weather apps are BBWeather and WeatherBug. I like Weatherbug more because it looks better and it uses GPS. I like BBweather more because you can add various locations/zipcodes and choose any of them from the menu.

I've noticed that, with weatherbug, you cannot add more than one location, and if you do add a location, you cannot use the gps location, just the one specific location that you added. On top of that, when you add one specific location via zip code, it only gives you the city, but with a different zip code. Is there a way to change the above limitations? If not, I can't really see much benefit of using weatherbug anymore.
    05-14-09 07:46 AM
    How obnoxious are the ads I am still running the version that is ad free. I hate to give it up, can anyone post a screen shot???

Thanks........
    05-14-09 07:48 AM
    Best version so far! Memory leak is MUCH better! No need for BB Maps with this version. Way to go WeatherBug!
    How do you know you don't need bb maps? Can I finally delete that useless app?

05-14-09 07:50 AM
    My 2 favorite weather apps are BBWeather and WeatherBug. I like Weatherbug more because it looks better and it uses GPS. I like BBweather more because you can add various locations/zipcodes and choose any of them from the menu.

I've noticed that, with weatherbug, you cannot add more than one location, and if you do add a location, you cannot use the gps location, just the one specific location that you added. On top of that, when you add one specific location via zip code, it only gives you the city, but with a different zip code. Is there a way to change the above limitations? If not, I can't really see much benefit of using weatherbug anymore.
    I don't think I understand what you mean by not having multiple locations in WeatherBug. Just hit the BB menu key, click the Locations icon, and add a location.
    05-14-09 08:39 AM
    I don't think I understand what you mean by not having multiple locations in WeatherBug. Just hit the BB menu key, click the Locations icon, and add a location.
    When you enter a zip code for your location, it would only give you a location in the same city or surrounding area. It does not give you, or tell you which location is closest to the zipcode that you entered. And Secondly, I don't see a way to add more than one location at a time. And if you use gps as a location, you cannot have another location there at the same time to select from. Using BB Weather, I have 4 different zipcodes saved right now, and I can switch between them to get the weather for each one. That doesn't seem to be the case for Weatherbug.
    05-14-09 08:55 AM
    When you enter a zip code for your location, it would only give you a location in the same city or surrounding area. It does not give you, or tell you which location is closest to the zipcode that you entered. And Secondly, I don't see a way to add more than one location at a time. And if you use gps as a location, you cannot have another location there at the same time to select from. Using BB Weather, I have 4 different zipcodes saved right now, and I can switch between them to get the weather for each one. That doesn't seem to be the case for Weatherbug.
    The transition between locations is not as simple as a finger swipe like bb weather, but you CAN save multiple locations and access them easily through the menu
    05-14-09 09:06 AM
    Are we SURE we dont need BBmaps fot this version? Has anyone tested yet?
    05-14-09 09:08 AM
    Are we SURE we dont need BBmaps fot this version? Has anyone tested yet?
    I'll try it right now.
    05-14-09 09:21 AM
    seems to be working fine without bb maps.

Edit. Spoke too soon. The search is telling me. "Please install BB maps to activate this feature."
    Last edited by Mustang02; 05-14-09 at 09:42 AM.
    05-14-09 09:34 AM
    No no no no.

If you want to do location search, enter your Zip code and click search. Once the search is done, click on the button that lists what station it will be pulling data from. After clicking that you should see a huge list of different locations within the city. Click your preferred station and then click save.
    05-14-09 09:37 AM
    The transition between locations is not as simple as a finger swipe like bb weather, but you CAN save multiple locations and access them easily through the menu
    ahhh, I see now. The is a little blue circle with a tiny white triangle that you click on to switch between locations. Lol, I started hating weather bug because I didn't see the option to switch between locations. This is pretty cool now. Thanks.
    05-14-09 09:49 AM
    No no no no.

If you want to do location search, enter your Zip code and click search. Once the search is done, click on the button that lists what station it will be pulling data from. After clicking that you should see a huge list of different locations within the city. Click your preferred station and then click save.
    Yep, I got it now, problem solved. Thanks
    05-14-09 09:49 AM

Edit. Spoke too soon. The search is telling me. "Please install BB maps to activate this feature."
    LOL darn. This app is the ONLY reason that BB Maps is on my Storm. Google Maps is sooo much better.
    05-14-09 09:53 AM
    LOL darn. This app is the ONLY reason that BB Maps is on my Storm. Google Maps is sooo much better.
    Yep, sucks, don't it. Wish they would have a setting like Poynt to use Google Maps instead if you wanted to. Maybe we should email the WeatherBug team and have them download and look at how Poynt integrates with Google Maps as well.... anyone have a way to contact them?
    05-14-09 09:56 AM
    Yep, sucks, don't it. Wish they would have a setting like Poynt to use Google Maps instead if you wanted to. Maybe we should email the WeatherBug team and have them download and look at how Poynt integrates with Google Maps as well.... anyone have a way to contact them?

Here's their message board: WeatherBug.com :: View Forum - WeatherBug Mobile or you can use the "E-mail developers" option in Help menu in WB. Those are the only two methods I know of.
    05-14-09 11:00 AM
    I deleted BBMaps and my previous download of Weatherbug froze my phone completely. This new version of Weatherbug works great. Much faster too. I haven't noticed any significant memory leak. I would imagine if you set the "My Location" function you might see more battery drain because it will always be searching. You should all be free to dump BBMaps...since it's essentially useless. Google Maps is 100% better.
    05-14-09 11:21 AM
    I deleted BBMaps and my previous download of Weatherbug froze my phone completely. This new version of Weatherbug works great. Much faster too. I haven't noticed any significant memory leak. I would imagine if you set the "My Location" function you might see more battery drain because it will always be searching. You should all be free to dump BBMaps...since it's essentially useless. Google Maps is 100% better.
    I agree. So far it hasn't given me any issues. Memory still holding down about 2MB's from installation. I hate BBMaps so I'm glad this version doesn't require it to be installed.
    05-14-09 11:28 AM
    So what happens when you try to look at radar wouthou BBMaps installed?
    05-14-09 11:32 AM

sooo.... whats the answer here? keep BB maps or DELETE.
    05-14-09 11:36 AM
    So what happens when you try to look at radar wouthou BBMaps installed?
    You get this error. "Please install BB maps to activate this feature."
    sooo.... whats the answer here? keep BB maps or DELETE.
    Delete it if you don't need radar. I dropped WB a long time ago due to issues with memory and it making my phone reboot.
    05-14-09 11:39 AM
    I'm gonna contact them and see what they tell me.
    05-14-09 12:44 PM
    Much faster loading...
    05-14-09 05:16 PM
87 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD