I just installed WeatherBug (with OS .75) and it seems to be working fine with one exception. I thought I saw others mention that it has animated radar maps (showing the radar in motion as storm fronts move). I can't seem to find this option within the app.

Does WeatherBug have this capabilty or not? If not, what apps do you guys recommend for this capability?
    01-24-09 01:40 PM
    it does have a weather map (denoted on bottom as icon w/map and little magnifying glass). Once you get that screen opened you can select the little multi-page icon and select what type of overlay you want (temp/radar). I dont believe its "animated"
    01-24-09 02:05 PM
    Thanks...guess I need to find another app for animated radar. Anybody have any recommendations.
    01-24-09 05:31 PM
    I use "WeatherTap" and their mobile option.

It is a pay service, but if you're a real weather nerd, or need the data, it's worth it.
    01-24-09 06:19 PM
    I installed the WeatherBug app but I have to go to my Download folder to run it. Shouldn't it have beeen given an icon on the home screen BB menu?

Do I need to do a battery pull? I really don't understand all the battery pull references. Do you pull the battery while the phone is turned on?

The reason I ask (as opposed to just trying this) is that I have Seidio Innocase on the phone and the thing is next to impossible to get off in order to get to the battery door.

Thanks for any help!
    01-25-09 09:53 AM
    I installed the WeatherBug app but I have to go to my Download folder to run it. Shouldn't it have beeen given an icon on the home screen BB menu?

Do I need to do a battery pull? I really don't understand all the battery pull references. Do you pull the battery while the phone is turned on?

The reason I ask (as opposed to just trying this) is that I have Seidio Innocase on the phone and the thing is next to impossible to get off in order to get to the battery door.

Thanks for any help!
    All downloads go to the download folder. You can move it though. Highlight it, click the BB button and select "move to folder".
    01-25-09 10:34 AM

Thanks for any help!
    You don't need to do a battery pull but it helps with things every once in a while. When you do a battery pull, you do it with the device still on. If you don't want to keep removing the battery physically you can download either Quickpull or Softreset. Both of these apps do a software based reset that acts just like if you remove and reinsert the battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-09 11:14 AM
    I downloaded this and it wouldn't launch. It would freeze if optimize mode was on and when I disabled it then it wouldn't launch...tried a bat pull, deleting and re-installing but still the same issue...am running v .75

Can anyone help?
    01-25-09 09:31 PM
    I downloaded this and it wouldn't launch. It would freeze if optimize mode was on and when I disabled it then it wouldn't launch...tried a bat pull, deleting and re-installing but still the same issue...am running v .75

Can anyone help?
    Reinstall BB Maps.
    01-26-09 07:50 AM
    Thanks for the help. I moved it from my download folder to the home scree. All is well (except that it doesn't have animated radar).
    01-26-09 06:58 PM
    I have one of my Jonathan Fisher Storm Launchers aimed at the animated site of Accuweather. Two clicks, and bam, I see their really nice moving radar. Last summer, I was showing a big ex how to use his BB. I had an 8830. This guy has a really nice boat, but he was totally unaware of the animated radar aspect of Accuweather ! I blew him away ! Good luck !

Doctor Neutron
    01-26-09 10:17 PM
    I have one of my Jonathan Fisher Storm Launchers aimed at the animated site of Accuweather. Two clicks, and bam, I see their really nice moving radar. Last summer, I was showing a big ex how to use his BB. I had an 8830. This guy has a really nice boat, but he was totally unaware of the animated radar aspect of Accuweather ! I blew him away ! Good luck !

Doctor Neutron
    I can't find a launcher for accuweather. Did you mod one and if so how did you do it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-09 10:13 AM
    Any help with configuring a launcher for Accuweather animnated radar?
    01-28-09 11:29 AM
    Any help with configuring a launcher for Accuweather animnated radar?

Does the Accuweather icon ever change on your home page?
    Does it always show the same temps ?
    01-28-09 09:58 PM
    The Accuweather Animated Radar shows a lot more detail than the new version of WeatherBug radar. I have detailed how to use the Jonathan Fisher Storm Launchers in other links on CBF. These style of launchers are NOT all things to all people. They just go to specific web sites by clicking. Period. Full stop.

Doctor Neutron
    01-29-09 05:09 PM
    I have detailed how to use the Jonathan Fisher Storm Launchers in other links on CBF.
    Doctor Neutron
    I've searched the forums and could not find any instruction on how to customize these launchers for any app or site other than what they were originally designed to target.

How about a link?
    01-29-09 09:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD