I Came across this post and installed weatherbug for the 5th time or so to see if the new Beta would work in the UK. I've been getting some wb_monsoon error messages in the previous releases.

I have now installed this Beta and it works perfectly, it used GPS to find my location and chose my closest weather station to set the weather reporting up. No fake American postcodes, no problems

Sorry I cant post links yet, but take the spaces out of h tt p
    and you can install it.

Enjoy....

==================================================
    JUST GOT THIS.

We have released a new BETA application for the BlackBerry Storm.

It is available at:
    h tt p://blackberry.weatherbug.com/storm/storm.jad

The application provides:
    - Current conditions
    - 7 day Forecast
    - Interactive radar and temperature maps
    - Weather Alerts
    - Live cameras
    - Multiple saved locations

Please let me know what you think of the application as well as any problems
    that you have.

We will be making further updates through the next couple of weeks based on
    feedback from users.
    Thanks,
    Eddie
    03-16-09 05:46 AM
    If you post the odd reply to this thread it will stay in the new posts view, and all us UK users might just see it.

Cheers
    03-16-09 06:04 AM
    whats the exact version number of this weatherbug? Im running 0.1.0.274
    03-16-09 06:23 AM
    Not sure if the link is working, i'm getting timeout error...
    03-16-09 06:24 AM
    now it's working... gonna try and download and install... i think it's version 1.0.0.10
    03-16-09 06:28 AM
    Hi guys,

yes its 1.0.0.10

was taking some time to check cause I thought it was older than the version johnny_b_ylt has. I think its a newer version, I did try to load that version Johnny has, but it wouldnt work for me.

Cheers
    03-16-09 06:38 AM
    Cool, if its newer I may aswell give it a bash
    03-16-09 07:22 AM
    You buggers robbed us 4-1 lol

Will that bump the thread for you
    03-16-09 07:26 AM
    I'm having problems trying to set "my location", it doesn't want to talk to gps for some reason... i'll keep trying..
    03-16-09 08:50 AM
    I had that problem with the earlier versions, but this one just worked for me. Make sure you have a nice clear signal when you're setting it up. Other than that I can only suggest trying the Weatherbug website.
    03-16-09 09:06 AM
    I'm going to delete and re-install, maybe the problem was that the gps was disabled when i installed the application.
    03-16-09 09:08 AM
    still no luck i'm afraid, maybe i'll have to wait until i'm outside... nice afternoon for it here in london anyhow
    maybe it's because i'm unlocked on o2, or coz i've got some policy from bes locking it down.
    google maps integrates ok with the gps though
    03-16-09 09:26 AM
    If you post the odd reply to this thread it will stay in the new posts view, and all us UK users might just see it.

Cheers
    Does the home screen icon update on yours? Since I upgraded it's stopped doing so on mine.
    03-16-09 09:29 AM
    the manual location finder doesn't seem to work either, it's expecting a US zip code or address, adding a uk postcode or city name, such as London... fails...
    03-16-09 09:36 AM
    I had this problem with earlier versions with the manual find postcode. I did a bit of googling and found that there is a site which provides fake US postcodes for UK cities. Unfortunatly I've lost it but it was something to do with one of the weather apps, it might have been bbweather.

Sorry I cant help moe, I had all these problems with the previous versions, and this one just worked.

The icon on the main page does update too, maybe the preferences in weatherbug have changed since you updated Tim.
    03-16-09 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD