02-16-09 04:52 PM
28 12
tools
    is there anything better out there? just current conditions and maybe a three day forecast would be nice and simple.
    02-13-09 09:02 PM
    Weatherbug does that. What's your issue with WB?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 09:05 PM
    locks screen most times. cant nav away from it. battery pull only fix. any advice?
    02-13-09 09:13 PM
    hmmm...that's strange, what OS are you running? I've never had any problems with WB.
    02-13-09 09:15 PM
    Your OS = ? Your WB version # = ?

Doctor Neutron
    02-13-09 09:35 PM
    locks screen most times. cant nav away from it. battery pull only fix. any advice?
    Make sure that you didn't remove BB Maps. If it is missing you will get these types of problems.

02-13-09 10:24 PM
    Your OS = ? Your WB version # = ?

Doctor Neutron
    Don't you just love it when posters that complain about programs FAIL to mention the specifics in order for US who were asked for help, to help???

Pretty lame.
    02-13-09 10:32 PM
    I had to remove my WB because when it would give me an alert, it would make the Storm buzz and then it wouldn't turn off the screen through the autodim

Also, my memory leakage improved tremendously so I use the weathereye app on my second bb for weather updates now.
    02-13-09 10:37 PM
    I'm also pretty frustrated with Weatherbug too. I'm running .75 and .274 and the memory leaks are killing me.
    02-13-09 11:06 PM
    I'm also pretty frustrated with Weatherbug too. I'm running .75 and .274 and the memory leaks are killing me.
    No issues here and no memory leak.
    02-13-09 11:16 PM
    No issues here either and I'm running OS .103 with WB .274.

02-14-09 12:02 AM
    I am running 103.

I have had strange lockup issues on 75, 90, 99 and 103. Each time I would uninstall weatherbug and the issues would get better. I think it relates to the GPS because the other day I noticed that my GPS was not working at all. I tried a battery pull and nothing. Once I uninstalled Weatherbug everything was working again. Once I reinstalled it, it went back to not working.

Is that enough detail??? The OP asked for alternatives, maybe you don't like that fact that he is not happy with Weatherbug but he didn't ask you to help him FIX weatherbug, he asked for an alternative. What is lame is that you bother to take the time to reply and bash the guy when you are the one being a ******.

OP:
    I have switched to using the weather channel in viigo. It's not as accessible as weatherbug is but it's certainly not giving me as much grief. Give it a shot if you haven't already.
    02-14-09 08:20 AM
    I had WB but I couldn't ever get it to work. I tried Weathereye and it works fine with no problems.
    02-14-09 08:54 AM
    Don't you just love it when posters that complain about programs FAIL to mention the specifics in order for US who were asked for help, to help???

Pretty lame.
    Don't you just love it when posters who think they own the freakin' place dump on people who are just looking for a simple answer to a simple question?

He wasn't asking for help with Weatherbug. He was asking for suggestions on another app that does something similar. Re-read his first post, Silvio.
    02-14-09 09:17 AM
    i'm still running .75 and i don't have any issues with WB....
    02-14-09 09:38 AM
    I am running 4.7.0.75. My WB is 0.9.6.6 - he seems to better behaved than 274, but his look and feel are different. Give it a try !

Doctor Neutron
    02-14-09 09:44 AM
    Don't you just love it when posters who think they own the freakin' place dump on people who are just looking for a simple answer to a simple question?

He wasn't asking for help with Weatherbug. He was asking for suggestions on another app that does something similar. Re-read his first post, Silvio.
    Couldn't have said it better. I didn't mean to hijack this thread because I realize that he was asking for an alternative app. I simply wanted to figure out if his weatherbug issues could be resolved because I have found it to be the best and easiest app available right now.

That being said it is sad to think of all of the new users in here that may be afriad to ask a question in fear of all of these wannabe mods that jump in with nothing but "Search button broke?" or "This really belongs in the forum I think it should be in" or my favorite "Would a mod please delete this"

Sorry I'll step off the soapbox now and allow someone to hopefully help the OP with his problem.
    02-14-09 09:49 AM
    Sometimes problems with WB could be solved by disabling "My Location." This seems to cause a memory/battery leak for some people.
    In regards to alerts, I had to turn them off in WeatherBug as well as change the alert to silent in my profiles. I was getting very loud alerts in the middle of the night for "Lake wind advisory" lol

I used (and loved) WeatherEye on my Pearl, but it's not totally compatible with the Storm that I'm aware of. And the Weather Channel on Viigo seems to only support certain cities...or am I mistaken?
    02-14-09 10:28 AM

Amen to that.
    02-14-09 11:01 AM
    is there anything better out there? just current conditions and maybe a three day forecast would be nice and simple.
    Try weathernetwork.com
    02-15-09 08:54 AM
    Hey
    I agree with charlie620 go to the weather network.com & load "the weathereye" it works great but don't turn the weather warning alerts on. this is a Canadian/US/International site & it is very good.

02-15-09 09:31 AM
    I've had NOTHING but problems with weather bug. Its always locking up, not finding my gps location, getting stuck at the loading bar... with every single OS update too. I am definitely trying out Weather Eye.
    02-15-09 09:36 AM
    [QUOTE=iceman08;1674158]locks screen most times. cant nav away from it. battery pull only fix. any advice?[/QUOT

Had the same issues. It locked my phone and the only way to fix it was a battery pull. I read on this forum that I had to reload BB Maps and it worked but when I loaded WB I pushed Run instead of OK . Then it asks to "Locate" I clicked "Cancel". I then went to Options,Advanced Options, GPS,and in "GPS Services""- Location On, then "Location Aiding": Enabled. Then Soft Reset. For me to enter locations I HAD to enter city,state AND USA and now works perfectly. Hope this helped. Running .75 and haven't noticed batter drain. Reading forums and someone stated that an official OS update will be released at the end of March, is this true?
    Last edited by jvallejo; 02-16-09 at 01:43 PM.
    02-16-09 01:34 PM
    I've read several threads on this, turn your GPS off. That will stop the battery drain.
    02-16-09 01:37 PM
    i have accuweather.com push weather alerts to me. it makes a homescreen icon that shows current weather, and if you click, takes you to the website and future forecast
    02-16-09 01:39 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD