Hey everyone,
    My battery was good for a bit when i first got it. But then i installed Weatherbug. My battery would be able dead after 6 hours of doing nothing but about 50 txts. Then i upgraded to .90 and the battery was the same but i couldnt figure out why. So i did a fresh downgrade to the official .75 and the battery lasted me a whole day, including watching 3 1.5 hour movies.
    I noticed that it lasted. So when i finally reinstalled my apps i did it one a day until i found the leak. And lord behold, the first one, weatherbug, killed my battery. Down 50% in one hour!!!! 50%!!!!

Then, last night, i installed GPSed. I loved it, same with weatherbug, but in one hour it went down 40% and i never even used it! all i did was install, set up, and battery pull. 40%!

The programs need to be made with better battery usage!

Thanks, and if you need and more explanation, let me know!

Ben
    02-04-09 11:06 AM
    This is true.
    02-04-09 11:10 AM
    Ya it sucks but i use Viigo for everything. I might uninstall it though. I can just bookmark all the main sites i use. I do like the apps though but in future updates, Weatherbug and GPSed need to be efficient with their battery consumption
    02-04-09 12:10 PM
    When WB misbehaves, since it has no formal OPEN or CLOSE operations, all you can do is uninstall it. When I did uninstall it, memory leakage went down considerably. Needs Stormification.

Doctor Neutron
    02-04-09 12:30 PM
    Haha nice. But i was fine with memory and it never acted up. It was just the battery that killed me.
    02-04-09 12:39 PM
    really? mine seems just fine after alot of daily use. Browsing, emails, texting, etc
    02-04-09 12:44 PM
    I have both GPSed and Weatherbug installed and do not get any bad battery leaks, and I'm still running .75 Are your using My Location setting on WB? Turn that off, it saves lots of battery (doesn't use GPS). Also, you can set the update times to be longer. As far as GPSed, make sure you exit out properly so the GPS doesn't track anymore.

I have been using both for well over a month and have always had a battery last me a full day with several hours of browsing, music, and misc.
    02-04-09 01:34 PM
    I have WB installed and I have never experience any type of battery problems with it and I have used every OS that was made available to us on these forums. I am able to use my storm with heavy usage and after 4 hours, still have 85% of my battery left. If you are having problems, I would suggest changing a couple of the settings to see if it makes a difference for you. I would disable the location on feature since it will constantly use the GPS to find your location. I would also change your update interval to something like 30 minutes or 1 hour. Try these two changes and see if it makes a difference for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-09 08:15 PM
    No battery issues with WB for like many have said before check your settings, some great suggestions have been said.
    02-04-09 10:03 PM
    I installed WeatherBug last night for the Storm. Then this morning my Storm was dead. Since installing WeatherBug was the only thing I really did last night, I assumed WeatherBug was the problem and went ahead an deleted the app.

A poorly designed app indeed.
    03-04-09 07:56 AM
    Interesting find... my battery dies within 14-16 hours. I have replaced the battery under warranty and had no luck. I'm running weatherbug and GPSED. I usually keep GPSed closed. But the weather bug I check at least once or twice a day. I'm going to remove it, and I'll post my finding regarding memory before and after, and if I notice any battery improvements.

I have 31.81mb free before the uninstall, and after a memory clean.
    03-04-09 10:06 AM
    Interesting find... my battery dies within 14-16 hours. I have replaced the battery under warranty and had no luck. I'm running weatherbug and GPSED. I usually keep GPSed closed. But the weather bug I check at least once or twice a day. I'm going to remove it, and I'll post my finding regarding memory before and after, and if I notice any battery improvements.

I have 31.81mb free before the uninstall, and after a memory clean.

Just turn off gps and your battery will be just fine.
    03-04-09 10:11 AM
    ...I assumed WeatherBug was the problem and went ahead an deleted the app.

A poorly designed app indeed.
    I use weatherbug and get at least 24 hours with HEAVY usage.

Like said a many times in this thread, turn off the "My Location" feature (GPS), and set the update interval time to something a little bit longer
    03-04-09 10:42 AM
    Turn off the GPS in weatherbug. Its useless unless you find yourself lost in the middle of nowhere, and desperately need to know the forecast.
    03-04-09 11:32 AM
    These last few guys are right about weatherbug. GPS Services: E911 Only, after you find your location the first time. I've never seen a memory leak or battery loss from weatherbug and I keep it as one of the 8 on my homescreen.
    03-04-09 11:44 AM
    Well after removing it, after removing it, I have 37.5mbs of free application space. Not bad for removing a stupid weather program. Anyone know any other weather applications that work for the Storm and won't kill my battery, and memory.
    03-04-09 02:09 PM
    Just turn off gps and your battery will be just fine.
    Specificly in the application, or on the device?
    03-04-09 02:10 PM
    ^^^ I just turn it off in the program*. I still have it enabled on the phone, because I use several other programs that use the GPS.

*turn off the "My Location" feature
    03-04-09 07:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD