Don't flame me, I searched it and found the Weatherbug thread with 1200+ posts........I am NOT going through it all. Since I feel like Weatherbug is sucking the life out of my battery, is there another alternative that is efficient, useful and looks as good as Weatherbug does? If not, I will stick with it, but I would like longer battery life. Any feedback would help. Thanks!
    02-05-09 01:32 PM
    Don't flame me, I searched it and found the Weatherbug thread with 1200+ posts........I am NOT going through it all. Since I feel like Weatherbug is sucking the life out of my battery, is there another alternative that is efficient, useful and looks as good as Weatherbug does? If not, I will stick with it, but I would like longer battery life. Any feedback would help. Thanks!
    I've never had luck with WeatherBug. Check out WeatherEye.

WeatherEye (OTA)
    02-05-09 01:34 PM
    I am not aware of another weather program that has the features that Weatherbug does.

<A question mark in your title would be helpful. I came here thinking you had a Weatherbug alternative.>
    02-05-09 01:35 PM
    I am not aware of another weather program that has the features that Weatherbug does.

<A question mark in your title would be helpful. I came here thinking you had a Weatherbug alternative.>
    Dammit, I was just thinking that! That is one of the things that irritates me about those threads. So many need question marks........like mine. Sorry Capt
    02-05-09 01:39 PM
    I've never had luck with WeatherBug. Check out WeatherEye.

WeatherEye (OTA)

Thanks BBBob. Does Weathereye do the same things and LOOK as good? That is important to me. Thanks again.
    02-05-09 01:41 PM
    Thanks BBBob. Does Weathereye do the same things and LOOK as good? That is important to me. Thanks again.
    It's really a personal preference. It looks better on my BB but, WeatherBug looks (and works) better on my iTouch. It wouldn't hurt to check it out...
    02-05-09 01:44 PM
    I'd look at your other apps for a possible culprit. With Weatherbug updating every half hour, if I leave my Storm mostly in the holster it'll only consume about 20% of the battery in a 24 hour period.
    02-05-09 01:45 PM
    I'd look at your other apps for a possible culprit. With Weatherbug updating every half hour, if I leave my Storm mostly in the holster it'll only consume about 20% of the battery in a 24 hour period.

Then it must be something else........I don't have anything that runs ALL the time.....
    02-05-09 01:48 PM
    Yeah... Weatherbug is one of the apps that I don't have a problem with. Reduce your update to 30 minutes or even an hour (the weather usually doesn't change THAT fast,) disable the GPS and you should be good to go.
    02-05-09 01:49 PM
    I've just never had the issues a lot of people have with WeatherBug. Works fine on the two OS's I've had, .75 and .99. No issues with huge battery drain.

It's really just weird how some apps work differently for certain phones.

I do disable the GPS thing, I have it set to my home's location, that's all I really want anyway.
    02-05-09 01:51 PM

FYI you can hover your mouse over the post title and it will show the first few lines of the post content itself
    02-05-09 01:59 PM
    I tried Weathereye but it doesn't really work with the Storm unless you keep it on compatibility (ugly) mode.

I'm thinking you'll see a TWC app when the App Store comes out in a month or so.

I uninstalled Weatherbug on account of memory and battery leaks, so I just visit m.weather.com in the browser
    02-05-09 02:00 PM
    WeatherEye is Ok -- I ended up deleting it though......
    02-05-09 02:00 PM
    I use accu weather oust from the mobile blackberry site. Works fine and I have had no problems with it. I have tried weather bug and didn't care for it too much. I would say give accu a try and take it from there. You will also get an icon with temp right on home screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-09 03:02 PM
    personally, I think the only issue with Weatherbug is the "my location" feature. For example, I sit in a high-rise with poor reception. If the GPS is on and Weatherbug is tryingto find a satellite, it will drain the battery quickly from having to "search" constantly. I turned off the "my location" feature and just entered a zip code for home and office. They update on the hour. I would bet I could go two full days on one battery charge...
    02-05-09 03:11 PM
    Interesting. It very well might be the "My Location" feature. I have my Storm GPS set to E911 only, so I used my zip code in weatherbug, picked a weather station near me, and didn't use "my location". I have absolutely no battery issues. I generally do not use my BB on weekends, for instance, and so I put it down Friday night and carry it around if I need to make a call but that's about it until Monday. My battery lasts the entire time
    02-05-09 03:17 PM
    I want to try this.
    02-11-09 01:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD