Thanks for the info!
    03-27-09 07:46 AM
    Is anyone having a problem with WB finding the location? MY BB Maps works fine, but WB never finds it. I have to manually enter the zip code.
    Same here... but I remember reading about this in the past here on CB. I believe it is just an inherent problem with WB and should be fixed in updated versions, or so I hear. Can anyone confirm?
    03-27-09 07:58 AM
    I downloaded newer version, but needs BB maps. How do I install or turn on BB maps?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 08:26 AM
    I downloaded newer version, but needs BB maps. How do I install or turn on BB maps?

Check first to see if BB Maps is already on your device, it should be in the Applications folder and called Maps. Also you can go to Options> Advanced Options> Applications> then look for BlackBerry Maps. If it isn't listed here, then you can use the app loader in DM to reinstall it.

03-27-09 09:35 AM
    My weatherbug is always showing a moon icon. I have upgraded to the latest version 1.0.0.10. I just can't seem to get it to ever be day time!

Does anyone else have this issue?

Thanks.
    03-27-09 10:08 AM
    can someone please post a screenshot of the new WB version with the banner adds? I just want to see how bad it is or if its noticeable....I'm currently on the older version - my main concern is the memory leak. Is that fixed with this newer version?

Thanks to whoever does take the time to do this!
    03-27-09 10:11 AM
    can someone please post a screenshot of the new WB version with the banner adds? I just want to see how bad it is or if its noticeable....I'm currently on the older version - my main concern is the memory leak. Is that fixed with this newer version?

Its really small, and it just at the top and its just a weatherbug banner. No big deal really.
    03-27-09 10:13 AM
    ^^ oh, sort of like weathereye then? also, what are your findings regarding the memory leak? still there? worse, same or less?

TIA!
    03-27-09 10:16 AM
    ^^ oh, sort of like weathereye then? also, what are your findings regarding the memory leak? still there? worse, same or less?

TIA!

I just loaded so its too early to tell, but my mem has been holding at 38.2 for a hour or so now and I do alot of texting and internet surfing
    03-27-09 10:22 AM
    My weatherbug is always showing a moon icon. I have upgraded to the latest version 1.0.0.10. I just can't seem to get it to ever be day time!

Does anyone else have this issue?

Thanks.
    Maybe you are a warewolf, or the Storm's previous owner was a warewolf?

Or have you downloaded Weatherbug Zombie V 1.0.0.10?
    03-27-09 10:35 AM
    03-27-09 10:37 AM
    Is anyone noticing that keeping weatherbug on is draining their battery a bit faster?
    03-27-09 10:44 AM
    Is anyone noticing that keeping weatherbug on is draining their battery a bit faster?

I have had pretty good luck with my battery and .113 so far. I have my WB set to update every 2 hours...

Since going to .113 (and updating to the new WB), I leave in the morning with a full charge, and get back home with about half battery power left. I would guess that my usage is "average" with email, text, etc...

WB hasn't been a problem for me....
    03-27-09 11:41 AM
    Thanks for the heads up on the new version. I had even today hit the 'About' button where there's a 'check for updates' link and it shows nothing available, so I linked to the jad file posted in this thread.

I've been experiencing a huge memory leak lately (I'm on OS .99 for weeks, which has been solid for me), and thinking it could be Facebook (the only new app I've loaded in the last week), but I keep hearing of the leak in Weatherbug, so hopefully this 1.0 version is better!
    03-27-09 12:49 PM
    What I did was turn off the automatic location option. This uses the gps to get a fix on your current location, and more than likely is the cause of some battery drain. You can always turn this option back on if you really need it, say for travel, but I just put my home zip code in and stay with that.
    03-27-09 12:53 PM
    Here is the old .274 version of WB.

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

YOU ARE MY HERO! YOU ROCK!

Got it installed and works great. I hated the ads and the new menu that came up when you hit blackberry button in the newest version. This one just seems to work better for me.

Many many thanks, may you live long and prosper and may all your dreams come true!!!
    03-27-09 01:31 PM
    Maybe it's just me but I don't see much use for a weather application that doesn't give you animated radar. Am I missing something? Does it animate and I just can't find it?
    03-27-09 02:02 PM
    Maybe it's just me but I don't see much use for a weather application that doesn't give you animated radar. Am I missing something? Does it animate and I just can't find it?
    Your just missing something
    03-27-09 04:33 PM
    Just FYI, the new 1.0.0.10 version of Weatherbug HAS ADDS ON IT!!!!!!!! I'd continue to use the old version for the Storm if I were you. You should also consider complaining to weatherbug about not wanting to get spammed by adds in their program.
    This is one of the reasons I went back to the old one. The second reason was it seemed to leak memory worse. Not that WB .274 leaks on my storm.
    03-27-09 04:39 PM

The only banner I have seen so far is a link to the weatherbug home page above the weather conditions.
    03-27-09 04:57 PM

Thank you!!! this doesn't look bad at all...hardly noticeable..atleast its advertising WB...weathereye has adds for other products!!!!

still no idea about the mem leak though?
    03-27-09 07:20 PM
    On first impression its not leaking as much. Need more time though to test
    03-27-09 08:52 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD